Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gleepot View Post
    you're also so negative and pessimistic, even if it was absolutely fantastic you'd pinpoint the most petty things
    How many bad patches must WoW get before people wake up realize it's not nitpicking?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    This is worse than the Broken Shore. This is supposed to be the Naga Empire's capital.

At least the Broken Shore had a reason to look like total shit.
    Well that's subjective. I've yet to find one of these patch zones that didn't look like shit I think. Timeless Isle back in Pandaria was okay I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by I am disappoint View Post
    The gameplay will be the same it has always been, in an environment that looks like one we've been to several times already. It'll naturally be very boring right from the get go.
    Again, isn't that every patched in zone that they do? They've been re-using assets and giving things a look of "oh that's the same." since at least Burning Crusade. We're still getting outraged about it? Would I like them to do better? Absolutely. Am I surprised and disappointed when they don't? Not after all these years. lol.

I guess if people are complaining about the way a zone LOOKS instead of the game play of said zone that's a pretty good indication that the zone is fun enough.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Well that's subjective. I've yet to find one of these patch zones that didn't look like shit I think. Timeless Isle back in Pandaria was okay I guess.
    I liked Isle of Thunder too. Yes it was a swamp, but the ruins were cool, the lightning trees were cool, and it matched the theme and made sense.
    *Bonus points for introducing the new Zandalari aesthetic*
    Nazjatar remaining mostly ruins for 10k years does not make sense.

Again, isn't that every patched in zone that they do?
    Nope. Tons of zones that looked like something new. In fact the best ones always did. Like Isle of Thunder, Tanaan Jungle or Mac'Aree.

Again, isn't that every patched in zone that they do? They've been re-using assets and giving things a look of "oh that's the same." since at least Burning Crusade. We're still getting outraged about it? Would I like them to do better? Absolutely. Am I surprised and disappointed when they don't? Not after all these years. lol.

I guess if people are complaining about the way a zone LOOKS instead of the game play of said zone that's a pretty good indication that the zone is fun enough.
    Argus was cool. Loved Antorus as well.

- - - Updated - - -

But, then again. That did contain 3 different zones, so I guess it doesn't count.

It's a pity it's not a true underwater zone. Imagine the design possibilities. (And yes, I enjoyed Vashj'ir).

I actually loved Vashj'ir. Idk why people hated it so much.

I loved Vashj'ir too but the reason most don't like it is because of the wonky combat. It's hard to tell the position of an enemy in WoW within a spherical combat area.

Mostly the combat. That's where most of the complaints came from. I personally loved the zone and found no issues with the combat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    I loved Vashj'ir too but the reason most don't like it is because of the wonky combat. It's hard to tell the position of an enemy in WoW within a 3d sphere.
    Yeah you did have to do a bit of looking around if it was a ranged enemy but overall it wasn't that bad or as bad as people made it out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Mostly the combat. That's where most of the complaints came from. I personally loved the zone and found no issues with the combat.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah you did have to do a bit of looking around if it was a ranged enemy but overall it wasn't that bad or as bad as people made it out to be.
    I can agree completely. I love the look of Vashj'ir and it didn't rely on Argus' 'look but don't touch' design by having far off and more interesting places.

It looks great and people are overcriticising it just because they are angry about the expansion as a whole and have spilled nothing but negativity about it for months.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by allegrian View Post
    It looks great and people are overcriticising it just because they are angry about the expansion as a whole and have spilled nothing but negativity about it for months.
    Or maybe it's a place we wanted to see since Warcraft III: TFT and the end result didn't deliver.
    Now I haven't been to the zone myself. But I have seen the pictures and read the comments both here and on reddit. The consensus is that Nazjatar is a bland zone with reused assets.

So its that Naga camp in Aszuna moved to just outside Suramar? I mean see what they are going for, but they didnt hit it. It needs to be a bit darker, with more watery areas, with pools and waterfalls, and eels coming out of coral holes.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    One thing I don't get and I'll have to wait for the cinematics for. Wasn't Naz'jatar supposed to be below the Maelstrom? We are clearly not there; no shaman area and you would not need the Tidestone to destroy a fleet there, the Maelstrom would do it for you.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean all they'd have to do is find a reason why we cannot swim. Like, Naz'jatar was supposed to be in the deep sea below the Maelstrom so instead of parting the waves, Azshara could have just sunk us in the deep and we would be restricting to walking and running around (and no swimming) because of the water pressure.
    It probably got moved to where N'zoth was (AKA between Zandalar and Kul'tiras). Because, in the Eternal Palace raid, you literally fight Azshara on N'zoth's prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Or maybe it's a place we wanted to see since Warcraft III: TFT and the end result didn't deliver.
    Now I haven't been to the zone myself. But I have seen the pictures and read the comments both here and on reddit. The consensus is that Nazjatar is a bland zone with reused assets.
    You could see it yourself on the ptr, It looks way better ingame than in the few screenshots they showed.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Just looking through screenshots it's bloody depressing to look at.

Was at least expecting one bit of the zone to be Atlantica themed with an Azshara vibe to show off her grandeur/splendour and whatnot.

Seriously what's going on with the art team these days? First armor now zones.
    Moral at Blizzard has to be at a all time low. If the Art team has lost passion for WOW, then thats saying something about how bad things really are
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I am disappoint View Post
    Nope. Tons of zones that looked like something new. In fact the best ones always did. Like Isle of Thunder, Tanaan Jungle or Mac'Aree.

As pointed out earlier Mac'aree was like 3 buildings and lots of stuff in the background that couldn't be accessed. Argus as a whole was hugely disappointing and people complained about it constantly. Isle of Thunder was pretty cool, I'll give you that. You're okay with Tanaan Jungle which was a bunch of re-used assets and had a very same-y feel to other zones in the same expansion but Nazjatar is a problem because it's basically darker Azsuna??
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

As long as that good-for-nothing Ion is at the helm nothing is gonna to change.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I was gonna resub for Mecha/Nazjatar so I hope they make it good.

Also I hope the people who are saying "they are just moving onto the next expansion" are wrong. Azshara is a villain deserving of best efforts, it would be such a waste to deal with her in a half-assed content patch.
    Gul'dan deserved better too but look what we got
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by allegrian View Post
    You could see it yourself on the ptr, It looks way better ingame than in the few screenshots they showed.
    Will do. I'll be sure to get back to you and this thread, once I did that.