Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by AbuOfUluru View Post
    I feel like mechagnome druids might be a bit of a stretch. It would be pretty hard to explain away healing with leaves and crashing moons into people as tinkering.
    Yet Zandalari and Kul Tiran also have those animations, and their druid theme is totally different from Night Elf's druid.

There are also other things like Holy Void Elves and Shadow Lightforged that in Lore they aren't supposed to exist, but in gameplay we can just switch specs on our free will without nothing happening (no explosions, no character death, nothing).

If Mechagnomes come as an allied Race, the classes Shaman (eletroshock), Druid (transformer), Mage (high intelect) and Hunter (robotic pets) are probably the ones that best fit the race. Tinker class would probably fit them as the "best in slot" option.

PS: I would only play them if Tinker Class becomes available and if they would be one of its races. I already have too many alts right now.
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2019-05-03 at 01:49 PM.

I thought Drust-flavored Kul Tiran Druids would be amazing, but after playing one, I'm just just casting Nature Druid spells doing Nature Druid quests. WoW classes just don't do alternate themes well (see, Tauren Paladins).

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Not even sure about warlock and priest tbh. Everyone becomes a monk for some peculiar reason even though the class is thematically deeply linked to the August Celestials . . .
    I agree. Not to sure about warlock and priest. Monk for this race would be dumb I’m not sure why every race gets it. Shaman is probably a pretty good choice

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    I thought Drust-flavored Kul Tiran Druids would be amazing, but after playing one, I'm just just casting Nature Druid spells doing Nature Druid quests. WoW classes just don't do alternate themes well (see, Tauren Paladins).
    Really any pally that isn’t Human or Dwarf. Draenei and Belf should probably pop a Naaru up instead of wings. No clue as far as Tauren or Ztroll go

To add to “the don’t do thematic changes well” ive always felt like Worgen cat for should just be a wolf/worg.
    Last edited by wanax; 2019-05-03 at 03:52 PM.

I'm still hoping and praying to whoever will listen that mechagnomes will just be an unlockable customization for gnomes. Please please please do not waste an allied race slot on something that could easily go into the barber shop.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

See thats where SWTOR hit the nail on the head for me. Two factions with mirror classes with same abilities that look and to an extent feel different but play the same. Would be nice to see that kinda gap in wow as well.

The bad thing about "flavour shaman" is that you end up being in wolf/raptor form most of the time, and it wouldn't make sense for mechagnomes, it almost doesn't make sense for "tidesage" kul tirans either (there's at least some wolves in KT).

Alright, before you go saying 'that's got to be the dumbnest thing i've ever heard. Why would a gnome have a connection to the elements?'
    And you'd be right. It is pretty dumb. But so are goblin shamans. If we can have goblin shamans, I'm sure blizzard can come up with an explanation for mechagnome shamans. Just say it's super advanced tinkering, like gnome priests and how they're medics and whatnot.

Just look at these glorious baby ball busters:

They actually look like mechagnomes!

They just need to get a couple more colours for the prosthetics, like red and blue and green and you'd be able to make a ton of cool tmog.

Honestly, it's the only way Blizzard are going to get people to play them, if they even get added (which they probably will).
    I havent been paying attention to mechagnome lore but are they only mechanical or do they have flesh in their bodies?? , because if they dont, then they dont have spirit energies and without them, they cant be shamans

Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    I havent been paying attention to mechagnome lore but are they only mechanical or do they have flesh in their bodies?? , because if they dont, then they dont have spirit energies and without them, they cant be shamans
    I think they’re like cyborgs. Some flesh

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by allegrian View Post
    The bad thing about "flavour shaman" is that you end up being in wolf/raptor form most of the time, and it wouldn't make sense for mechagnomes, it almost doesn't make sense for "tidesage" kul tirans either (there's at least some wolves in KT).
    wolf form is a hologram. problem solved

Ayo if anyone at Blizzard is reading this, tell your bosses to make Mechagnome Shamans in to a real thing.

15+ Year Old Account
    wolf form is a hologram. problem solved
    Now do this with Druidforms

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    No new BS nonsense race/class combos until pandas can be deathknights!

After that the floodgates are open, and everyone can have whatever ridiculous combo they can think of.
    Like shitty zandarli paladins oh they already did that
    Last edited by Mnemicmustdie; 2019-05-05 at 09:36 PM.

Mechagnomes are practically elemental in their own right. They should be Shaman.

That looks really sick! Would be awesome if they let Mechagnomes be shamans, altho I seriously doubt this will happen :<

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic1962 View Post
    See thats where SWTOR hit the nail on the head for me. Two factions with mirror classes with same abilities that look and to an extent feel different but play the same. Would be nice to see that kinda gap in wow as well.
    I think the best way to solve this, especially in the paladin classes would be to give different racial animations for certain spells.

Example: Paladin spells fit well the races that originally belonged to the Silver Hand order, but the other races, not so much. If they have Zandalari / Tauren / Draenei / (Night Elf?) flavor to the paladin animations, im sure the players would easily accept more different types of paladins that don't have the "church" theme behind, but a more holy tribal warrior one.

Same thing should happen to Shamans, Druids and Priests in certain spells as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mnemicmustdie View Post
    Like shitty zandarli paladins of they already did that
    Zandalari Paladins perfectly fit the Warcraft Lore. The only thing is that they shouldn't have "cleric themed" animations, but more tribal holy warrior animations.

Yeah gnomes should be shamans tbh. Whatever dwarfs can be, gnomes can be too tbh.

Heck they could even make mechagnome druids work, but instead of being nature and all, they could just shapeshift into robots. Seeing how KT Humans can be druids (or how Zandalari can be typical Uther-style paladins), even though they're not related to traditional druidism at all.