Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I think the only allied races we'll get in the nearer future are the 9.0 pre order allied races, e.g. no allied races in 8.2.5 or 8.3 (unless there won't be 8.3.5).

I fear they will indeed go the Mechagnomes vs. Vulpera route which is a shame. If there might be 4 allied races as a pre order (which I doubt) the Alliance race better be a f* masterpiece compared to the Horde one, it's not fun to get shafted in most ocassions when it comes to allied races.
    Or they could go according to storyline. Which is pretty mich behind a time-gated, rep-grind heavy pre-req. Then again they could hand it to us freely. This could be a cash cow scheme for race change service and definitely increased replayability instead of starting with a new race with the quest in their own zones similar to BE/Draenei, Goblin/Worgen, Pandaren.

They could probably introduce a neutral allied race next by about 1 or 2 races and allow you to choose either red or blue or even violet/green.

Kobold, Ogre, Quilboar, Gnoll, Pygmy and Leper gnomes for horde.

some cool race that will be announced on blizzcon that after the pre-order period of 9.0 will be announced that will be out at 9.1.5

5+ Year Old Account
    I am still thinking what allied races could happen for the Alliance, i think Thin Kultirans or soemthing along side the "alteracians" that old concept of skinny human could work, with the Undead Skeleton or just Lightbound Undead seing how Jaina its friends with Calia now. But then there is still 1 slot open, the worguen skeleton and that race needs to be a able to become Druid (right now alliance only have 1 druid allied race).

The same happens for the Horde, right now they only have 1 paladin allied race, so i am specting after vulpera and moknathal or ogre, that the last allied race can be a paladin, but thats the thing..... what race. I believe that Sethrak could happen, but for the Horde. After reading Childrens week and how the kid talks about the Loa Sethralliss wanting to open relations again with the Zandalari makes me thing that probably they are joining the Horde too and also they can be Paladin as seeing as Zealous warriors and how Zandalari Paladins power came.

But then, what race for the alliance then? it needs t have an unique rig, be able to become druid..... and sadly there is nothing that we know at this point 8.1.5 and ptr of 8.2 any race that could be.

And thats the intriguing part, Blizzard could asspull everything now for the Alliance at this point.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kemsa View Post
    I am still thinking what allied races could happen for the Alliance, i think Thin Kultirans or soemthing along side the "alteracians" that old concept of skinny human could work, with the Undead Skeleton or just Lightbound Undead seing how Jaina its friends with Calia now. But then there is still 1 slot open, the worguen skeleton and that race needs to be a able to become Druid (right now alliance only have 1 druid allied race).

The same happens for the Horde, right now they only have 1 paladin allied race, so i am specting after vulpera and moknathal or ogre, that the last allied race can be a paladin, but thats the thing..... what race. I believe that Sethrak could happen, but for the Horde. After reading Childrens week and how the kid talks about the Loa Sethralliss wanting to open relations again with the Zandalari makes me thing that probably they are joining the Horde too and also they can be Paladin as seeing as Zealous warriors and how Zandalari Paladins power came.

But then, what race for the alliance then? it needs t have an unique rig, be able to become druid..... and sadly there is nothing that we know at this point 8.1.5 and ptr of 8.2 any race that could be.

And thats the intriguing part, Blizzard could asspull everything now for the Alliance at this point.
    So Basically Voldunai races + Gilblin will go Horde while Rusbolt Resistance + Ankoan would go Alliance but not if NE's would recruit both Draenor refugee races of Botani+Saberon.

NE's are currently MiA and mostly been focusing in Darkshore and probably trying to increase their ranks and number by recruiting races nearby thus The Furlborgs and the aformentioned 2 Draenor races.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2019-05-06 at 03:32 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Some allied races that I would like to see in no particular order:

Horde - Intact Forsaken, skeletal Forsaken, Revantusk Trolls, Ogres (preferable as a normal race with a unique rig)

Alliance - Furbolgs, thin Humans, Wildhammer Dwarves, Cenarian/Elunite/Highborne split for Night Elves

Stuff I dont' want to see: Lightbound Undead or weeb stuff like Vulpera

Quote Originally Posted by Kemsa View Post

Currently Horde would also need 1 Warlock Race to balance it, while every Alliance race can be Priest, but just the three Horde races and same for mages. The classes have to make sense with the race and I kinda hope they don't just add races for balancing classes faction wise.

What a very confusing Post, OP

Next Allied Race pair will surely be:
    Mechagnomes (Alliance: Gnome Slot) vs. Vulpera (Horde: Goblin Slot)

Possible next allied Races to use the Worgen/Undead/Pandaren slots:

Alliance: Lightforged Undead, Ankoan ,Saberon, ...
    FUTURE Alliance: High Elves, Wildhammer Dwarves, ...

Horde: Mogu, Mok'Nathal, Ogres, ...
    FUTURE Horde: San'layn, Forest Trolls, ...

Not Likely at all (due to anatomic reasons): Sethrak, Naga, Vrykul, Ethereals, Tortollan, Arakkoa, ...

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alga View Post
    Currently Horde would also need 1 Warlock Race to balance it, while every Alliance race can be Priest, but just the three Horde races and same for mages. The classes have to make sense with the race and I kinda hope they don't just add races for balancing classes faction wise.
    You are right, i forgot about Warlocks because of the "no zandalocks" mmm. I dont think Vulpera are going to be Warlocks... i dnt think so.

Also Furlborgs could be an alliance allied race, they can be druids, but they will need a remodel change also.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Mecha Gnomes and Vulpera are, I agree, pretty much guaranteed.

But I think there will be one final pair before the end of the expansion, linked in some way to the Worgen or the Undead. Either variants of both those races as most Allied races have been so far, or a reuse of their models for a new race as the Vulpera are.
    So... Lightforged Undead for Alliance and Saberon for the Horde?

Tbh im still waiting for more race-classes combinations not caring much about allied races,i still havent played any of the new allies,i just want to be able to be a panda paladin cause the MoP CM gear looks good on a female panda :P

5+ Year Old Account
    Its funny i just started to read about Furbolgs.... there were part of the Alliance on the Rpg. Hu.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    I feel like all the allied races have been derivative of original races.
    Draenei - LF
    Blood Elves - VE
    Night Elves - Nb
    Orcs - Mag'har
    Tauren - HM
    Humans - Kul'tirans
    Trolls - Zandalari
    Dwarves - Dark Iron

Thus I'm skeptical the Vulpera will be an allied race, as they're not derivative of a "base" race. They aren't a form of goblin.
    I'm not saying they won't be playable, just not sure they're an "allied race". Wouldn't they just be a "Race"? Unlike say, some new faction added to the game quite recently in a patch that also added in a derivative gnome that happens to be a derivative of goblins.
    Mecha-gnomes would work as an allied race though, obviously.
    Vulpera was already datamined and it is an allied race based on the evidence they found with that description.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I've accepted that, sadly, the Alliance equivalent of Vulpera will be the Mechagnomes.

But I hope they'll find time to squeeze Ankoan for the Alliance into 8.3.5 or something if people request them enough.

- - - Updated - - -

I really feel like this "pattern" or "rule" of reusing skeletons is very overstated that people keep talking about is very overstated.
    Nightborne males and Zandalari males both use the Night Elf skeleton, the Zandalari with a few unique emotes.
    Kul Tirans reuse no skeleton- maybe a retargeted animation or two, but are mostly unique. The closest they share is ancestry with humans, but that's nothing technical- not a model, not a skeleton. There really is no rule for "okay, so we have these skeletons reused, now we need to reuse a different player skeleton," like people seem to suggest.

Also, Lightbound Undead are a horrendous idea, imo.
    Perhaps the last pair would be the Undead type.
    - Derek proudmore type human in Horde while Forsaken type Lightbound on Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    Or they could go according to storyline. Which is pretty mich behind a time-gated, rep-grind heavy pre-req. Then again they could hand it to us freely. This could be a cash cow scheme for race change service and definitely increased replayability instead of starting with a new race with the quest in their own zones similar to BE/Draenei, Goblin/Worgen, Pandaren.

They could probably introduce a neutral allied race next by about 1 or 2 races and allow you to choose either red or blue or even violet/green.
    Honestly a neutral allied race would be cool. Like Pandaren. Never knew why they didn't build upon that concept.

Rep / time gated races are bs and Blizzard knows it. But it increases MAU so they might double down on it.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

easy pick

forsaken night elves
    lightbound humans

I think the only allied races we'll get in the nearer future are the 9.0 pre order allied races, e.g. no allied races in 8.2.5 or 8.3 (unless there won't be 8.3.5).

I fear they will indeed go the Mechagnomes vs. Vulpera route which is a shame. If there might be 4 allied races as a pre order (which I doubt) the Alliance race better be a f* masterpiece compared to the Horde one, it's not fun to get shafted in most ocassions when it comes to allied races.
    But... Alliance are the ones who got an allied race that took more time than all others combined? Not to mention that VEs are the most popular allied race, atleast for now. In what world is the Alliance getting shafted?

Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    Perhaps the last pair would be the Undead type.
    - Derek proudmore type human in Horde while Forsaken type Lightbound on Alliance.
    I feel like if Light Forged Undead became a thing, it'd be an Alliance race. A light related race really doesn't fit into the Horde, Blood Elves post TBC are enough of a stretch, so are regular undead humans. LFU in the Horde would honestly be just as crazy as that idea that a group of orcs led by Saurfang would join the Alliance, which was floating around back in BfA beta.

Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    But... Alliance are the ones who got an allied race that took more time than all others combined? Not to mention that VEs are the most popular allied race, atleast for now. In what world is the Alliance getting shafted?
    Void Elves are so popular because they're purple Blood (High) Elves. That's it. The work Blizzard put into them is basically 0 (Blood Elves with a purple colour palette, that was done within 5min of work).

And which allied race took more time than all others combined? Kul Tirans? Or who?

Void Elves are so popular because they're purple Blood (High) Elves. That's it. The work Blizzard put into them is basically 0 (Blood Elves with a purple colour palette, that was done within 5min of work).

And which allied race took more time than all others combined? Kul Tirans? Or who?
    Kul'tirans, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    Kul'tirans, yes.
    Well then congrats for wasting so much time and effort on an allied race that's incredibly unpopular and does look quite bad even with all the work they put into them.

Will be the same for Mechagnomes btw...