10+ Year Old Account

Pre-order right after BlizzCon?

So Im not sure about this, but does Blizzard launch preorders right away after announcing new expansion, or do we have to wait? Im hoping for really cool DDE mount to go with the announcement of Shadowlands.

Uhh... Sometimes for sure. All the time? I don't think so.

As I recall you could preorder Legion pretty much immediately after it got announced. Even the collector's edition was available for preorder (though it didn't have any box art or features announced yet at the time - Just displayed the same image as the regular edition w/ a higher pricetag)

I'm sure Blizzard will have something for you to spend money on today.

They announced BFA in November but pre-orders were available at the end of January.

Quote Originally Posted by Crysis View Post
    So Im not sure about this, but does Blizzard launch preorders right away after announcing new expansion, or do we have to wait? Im hoping for really cool DDE mount to go with the announcement of Shadowlands.
    yup right after announcement.

gotta be fast though last year w3 preorder melted their shop servers.

99% sure you will be able to. gotto cash in on the hype train.

Quote Originally Posted by TragedyAnn View Post
    As I recall you could preorder Legion pretty much immediately after it got announced. Even the collector's edition was available for preorder (though it didn't have any box art or features announced yet at the time - Just displayed the same image as the regular edition w/ a higher pricetag)
    Legion was announced a few months earlier at Gamescon so being able to pre-order at Blizzcon was to continue the hype train.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    We had some 120 boost strings on 8.2.5 PTR. So I think it's pretty likely boost/mounts are already in game and all they have to do is flip a switch.

Imagine preordering a digital game, that isnt at risk of selling out, in 2019. Totalbiscuit is rolling over in his grave.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    They might be available, especially if a release date is announced.

Either way, I usually don't pre-order until we're within a couple of months from launch, and that goes for any game.

It's practically confirmed that there's a chance that something maybe might happen at Blizzcon. But don't quote me on that.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    yup right after announcement.

gotta be fast though last year w3 preorder melted their shop servers.
    Fast or what? The game is not coming out in more than 6 months from now. Why do you have to pre-order the second it gets announced smh.

Gamestop does pre-orders pretty quick after announcements, even if it's a good year away.

But there's no rush, with Blizzard CE's there's always a surplus of the boxes unlike Vanilla and TBC. You can get Legion and BfA CE cheap still right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Crysis View Post
    Dont pre order, you disable ability to bitch about the game if you do, you dont want to lose that priviledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Talerin View Post
    Imagine preordering a digital game, that isnt at risk of selling out, in 2019. Totalbiscuit is rolling over in his grave.
    Pre-ordering Nowdays is only to get the goodies that come with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Gamestop does pre-orders pretty quick after announcements, even if it's a good year away.

But there's no rush, with Blizzard CE's there's always a surplus of the boxes unlike Vanilla and TBC. You can get Legion and BfA CE cheap still right now.
    Yea I remember preordering Star Citizen. We see how that turned out.
    VOTING IS MOB RULE AND MOB RULE IS MEDIA RULE AND
    MEDIA RULE IS CORPORATE RULE

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Pre-ordering Nowdays is only to get the goodies that come with it.
    Yeah, it's a nice little scam. Pay them now for a product they haven't completed yet and they toss you a small handful of cosmetics to add to your already bloated collections. I guess if you were already planning to buy just a plain level boost (and lets be honest, who still does that nowadays) then I suppose it's an OK deal.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Yeah, it's a nice little scam. Pay them now for a product they haven't completed yet and they toss you a small handful of cosmetics to add to your already bloated collections. I guess if you were already planning to buy just a plain level boost (and lets be honest, who still does that nowadays) then I suppose it's an OK deal.
    I kinda miss the days where you got more physical stuff for pre-ordering games. Remember the Lunar games? Some of those included everything short of a small country if you pre-ordered them.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they bundle in D4 with it, sure I will pre-order.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.