Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    I think Dragonmaw would be a better pairing with Wildhammer. They both hail from Twilight Highlands, both could/should be DK, both have an affinity for taming powerful beast, both take said beasts to the sky for arial combat, and dwarves have been paired with orcs once already.
    Amani could be Stromic Humans, little vrykuls in kilts, how adorable.
    I don't think Dragonmaw would ever be considered an Allied Race. They're not visually distinct in lore, and they are by all means already in the Horde as a part of the Orc clans.

I think it's going down a rabbithole appealing to individual Orc clans. Blackrock is the most distinct of the bunch, and even then it's a stretch to make them an Allied race.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2019-05-21 at 07:29 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    You can pair by any method you want. Allied Races might not be paired, but so far they have been, to the point that I severely doubt one faction will ever get a Allied Race while the other does not.

As for Dragonmaw not being enough, without the retcon of Wildhammer Dwarves they too do not constitute enough difference to be an Allied Race. To be clear, I do think they should be an Allied Race.

The Orc clans are just as, if not more diverse than the three, by the way there's four Dwarf clans.

On the multiple conversations on the subject of Allied Races, one thing is clear, every player has their own definition or metric of what constitutes an Allied Race. Can't wait for all the notifications that tell me I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    I think Dragonmaw would be a better pairing with Wildhammer. They both hail from Twilight Highlands, both could/should be DK, both have an affinity for taming powerful beast, both take said beasts to the sky for arial combat, and dwarves have been paired with orcs once already.
    Amani could be Stromic Humans, little vrykuls in kilts, how adorable.
    Now that you mentioned Dragonmaw do you know the Drsgonmaw clan has a huge role with the Demon chains that was used in the Dragon Soul.

Dragonmaw+Dragon Isle+ Dragon Soul
    And now introduced in bfA with its connection with HoA.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    They created Female Gilblins to flesh out the Unshackled, not as set up for a Goblin AR. There is no reason they would create TWO models for Gilblin (pre and post HD Goblins) in the span of a few months for a midpatch: they'd just release the updated Gilblins first when they were relevant. They will no longer be relevant once 8.2.5 hits.

The Giblins got crap, Cata-tier models because the Goblin AR is Vulpera. Lore changes nothing about that fact (watch them reveal that Vulpera come from Goblins to get over this "hurdle").
    I would think more that Goblins came from Vulpera. The mutation was a result of generations of Kajamite use

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    I don't think Dragonmaw would ever be considered an Allied Race. They're not visually distinct in lore, and they are by all means already in the Horde as a part of the Orc clans.

I think it's going down a rabbithole appealing to individual Orc clans. Blackrock is the most distinct of the bunch, and even then it's a stretch to make them an Allied race.
    Technically Blackrock is one of the Maghar AR skins

The Botini are a hostile race of invasive plant-life that consume everything in their path, and are poised to overrun a whole planet... The idea that they'd be an Allied Race just because, makes literally zero sense...

The Sanlayn are few in numbers, and the Lightbound are literally just "Lightforged" with a different name...
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

Quote Originally Posted by Synros View Post
    The Botini are a hostile race of invasive plant-life that consume everything in their path, and are poised to overrun a whole planet... The idea that they'd be an Allied Race just because, makes literally zero sense...

The Sanlayn are few in numbers, and the Lightbound are literally just "Lightforged" with a different name...
    You say this as though any of the existing Allied races make sense and aren't niche populations or existing race offshoots.

San'layn can't be any worse than Void Elf...

You say this as though any of the existing Allied races make sense and aren't niche populations or existing race offshoots.

San'layn can't be any worse than Void Elf...
    It's almost like the Allied Races we have aren't hostile parasitic plants or vampiric creation of a Lich King that no longer exists...

Perhaps you should spend 5 minutes reading up the game's lore...
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

It's almost like the Allied Races we have aren't hostile parasitic plants or vampiric creation of a Lich King that no longer exists...

What's the point? It gets thrown out with each addition of a new race anyways.

Highmountain on the Horde when the Alliance spent the same amount of time and devotion helping them out. Why? Oh right, lore

And I mean it's not like the Horde would ever have a Dreadlord amongst their ranks at any point right? Oh wait... I guess Varimathras in the Horde is also lore.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2019-05-21 at 11:17 PM.

You should apply this to yourself. San'layn have already allied once with the horde.
    And Blizzard already said that every race with two legs is a candidate, so Sanl'ayn are totally in as a potential Allied race.

About Dragonmaw, outland clan member could ascend to Drakonid (Dragonmaw Ascendant and Zuluhed). Blizz could use this as a racial trait (Being able to transform to a drakonid for X seconds)

Or may be make a change on the Dragonmaw plan on a future expansion and give them Draconic feature (Tail, scale.. ) if they could get the knowledge Zuluhed had back.

I’m not quite sure he needs to considering the lore sides with him and not you here. We have a holy dread lord serving under turalyon who would 100% join the alliance if turalyon asked. We’ve had Varimathras serving under sylvanas in the horde, we have void elves, we have undead, etc. There’s been plenty of abnormalities especially on the horde side, now we have San’layn working with the horde in the lore and in game. I can’t see how San’layn joining the horde is any worse than Varimathras or the undead themselves.

Highmountain on the Horde when the Alliance spent the same amount of time and devotion helping them out.
    There's a difference between what's playable and what's canon. In the canon, a Horde hero helped the Highmountain and Nightfallen, and while the latter were also assisted later on by Alliance forces, Tyrande made sure to emphasize it's only to combat Elisande, not to help the Nightborne, who brought this on themselves.

Similar with the Argus AR, while Horde forces were involved in the campaign and the assault on Antorus, the work in the outdoor zones was done by an Alliance hero, not that Turalyon, Alleria and their followers wouldn't have leaned towards the Alliance anyway, once the threat of the Legion was banished.
    What does it do? Ask TokenSplainer! | Keep track of your Possessions