Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
8
16
17
18
19
LastLast
  1. #341
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Blizzard's method of choice is to make Sylvanas forget about her powers whenever the person she's fighting is supposed to survive the fight.
    Ah, same thing they do to Alliance NPCs, still crappy writing all-round, if characters are too powerful for stories to work when they use their powers, maybe they should be powered down a bit.

  2. #342
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Ah, same thing they do to Alliance NPCs, still crappy writing all-round, if characters are too powerful for stories to work when they use their powers, maybe they should be powered down a bit.
    You're making too much sense. The obvious solution is to make them even more powerful only to force them to gargle on an even larger idiot ball to make them forget their enlarged power set.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Slant is an extremist, willing to sacrifice the lives of everyone to keep his wet dream of the EU alive.
    You shouldn't support people like him, it's like supporting ISIS.

  3. #343
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    You're making too much sense. The obvious solution is to make them even more powerful only to force them to gargle on an even larger idiot ball to make them forget their enlarged power set.
    Yeah, you’re right, i don’t know what came over me there... @_@

  4. #344
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    I know he said that, I am saying it's an illusion by blizzard thinking you have a choice..
    No, as @Verdugo said, there is no illusion of choice. On the contrary, it is a blatant signal to player that you do not have even the illusion of choice.

  5. #345
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirn View Post
    No, as @Verdugo said, there is no illusion of choice. On the contrary, it is a blatant signal to player that you do not have even the illusion of choice.
    Right.... lol

  6. #346
    Quote Originally Posted by eurojust View Post
    Why didn't Baine confront Sylvanas sooner ? Could have stopped the WW3 and the genocides. Apparently the Horde just needed a leader to confront her in order to do a 180 turn. To bad Baine and Saurfang were p*ssies.
    Well she seems having more power and Baine didn't know she could go so far. They were p-ssies indeed, but as Jaina says, if those 2 die, the horde dies with them.

  7. #347
    Herald of the Titans Tenebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Telogrus Rift
    Posts
    2,713
    Meanwhile, we Alliance players haven't had a SINGLE choice in this expansion. Nada. We can't choose to abandon Tyrande and side with Anduin in 8.1, we can't choose to find out and expose Anduin on the fact that he freed a war criminal, we can't choose to... Actually, my bad, the Alliance is such a boring faction that we wouldn't be given many opportunities to choose anyway. That would require having an internal dichotomy that isn't possible with the God-King in charge.
    Last edited by Tenebra; 2019-05-06 at 07:41 PM.
    "Remember, control demands sacrifice. Power never comes without a price. You risk losing those closest to you in order to save them. This is the bargain we have made."

    Void Elf player/Alleria fan.

  8. #348
    Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    Meanwhile, we Alliance players haven't had a SINGLE choice in this expansion. Nada. We can't choose to abandon Tyrande and side with Anduin in 8.1, we can't choose to find out and expose Anduin on the fact that he freed a war criminal, we can't choose to... Actually, my bad, the Alliance is such a boring faction that we wouldn't be given many opportunities to choose anyway. That would require having an internal dichotomy that isn't possible with the God-King in charge.
    To be fair: The dispute between Tyrande and Anduin was FAR more believeable and relateable than anything that happened with the Horde this expansion. Just imagine for a second the Horde would actually exist and you would have to talk with the leaders and they had to react in a somehow not-completely-mental way....can you imagine this without them outright killing each other on the spot? It would be pure chaos and anarchy.

    I think it would have been fine to give the Alliance player the choice to either go with Tyrande and see the whole Nightwarrior thing...OR stay with Anduin and be sent to infiltrate Dazar'Alor with Shaw (the 8.1 War Cmapaign chapter). Two choices need not be totally anathema to each other...they need not be outright enemies. It would just be different causes of action within a faction that are both believeable. Yet, there was no choice...because the entire Nightwarrior thing was rushed in last minute and never really cared about by Blizzard. Just like this horrible excuse of a warfront which all the streamers praised as an "Evolution from Arathi" at first, when now, i am willing to bet, everybody who has played it 5times or more will agree it is actually worse than Arathi and far more boring.

    Still, Blizzard - by total accident - created a single actually believeable player-choice-scene in the whole crapfest that is BFA with the argument between Tyrande and Anduin. They just were not competent enough to actually make it a choice.
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2019-05-06 at 11:44 PM.

  9. #349
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    To be fair: The dispute between Tyrande and Anduin was FAR more believeable and relateable than anything that happened with the Horde this expansion. Just imagine for a second the Horde would actually exist and you would have to talk with the leaders and they had to react in a somehow not-completely-mental way....can you imagine this without them outright killing each other on the spot? It would be pure chaos and anarchy.

    I think it would have been fine to give the Alliance player the choice to either go with Tyrande and see the whole Nightwarrior thing...OR stay with Anduin and be sent to infiltrate Dazar'Alor with Shaw (the 8.1 War Cmapaign chapter). Two choices need not be totally anathema to each other...they need not be outright enemies. It would just be different causes of action within a faction that are both believeable. Yet, there was no choice...because the entire Nightwarrior thing was rushed in last minute and never really cared about by Blizzard. Just like this horrible excuse of a warfront which all the streamers praised as an "Evolution from Arathi" at first, when now, i am willing to bet, everybody who has played it 5times or more will agree it is actually worse than Arathi and far more boring.

    Still, Blizzard - by total accident - created a single actually believeable player-choice-scene in the whole crapfest that is BFA with the argument between Tyrande and Anduin. They just were not competent enough to actually make it a choice.
    Yeah I don't get how anyone can think Darkshore is superior to Arathi. I was not on a break for almost all 8.1 and came back after people had stopped talking about it so it comes as news to me. Arathi is just vastly better done, it is more fast paced, the pacing actually allows for people to use upgrades, the map feels much larger, there are more events and more commanders. I can see a nicely tuned Heroic Arathi be enjoyable more than once while Heroic Darkshore will be the exact same shit every time.

  10. #350
    Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    Meanwhile, we Alliance players haven't had a SINGLE choice in this expansion. Nada. We can't choose to abandon Tyrande and side with Anduin in 8.1, we can't choose to find out and expose Anduin on the fact that he freed a war criminal, we can't choose to... Actually, my bad, the Alliance is such a boring faction that we wouldn't be given many opportunities to choose anyway. That would require having an internal dichotomy that isn't possible with the God-King in charge.
    That's not true, you got to name the boat you gifted to the God-King. When the HMS Human Potential falls down a pit in a few weeks you'll know it could have been Anduin's Wrath going down instead.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

  11. #351
    The Patient qil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Poznań
    Posts
    232
    I don't understand why only Horde has choice between Saurfang and Sylvannas. What about Alliance? There was a chance for choice Tyrande Team vs. Anduin. Things like that should be balance. Now Horde has something better (choice is better than no choice).
    Already they plot against us.
    Seize this moment, Varian.
    Dismantle the Horde!

  12. #352
    Quote Originally Posted by qil View Post
    I don't understand why only Horde has choice between Saurfang and Sylvannas. What about Alliance? There was a chance for choice Tyrande Team vs. Anduin. Things like that should be balance. Now Horde has something better (choice is better than no choice).
    Because they assume the entirety of the Alliance is on board for being the Lawful Good human potential brigade. Tyrande herself is being set up to either be enlightened by Anduin or turn evil because anyone who harbors any kind of grudge towards the Horde who've waged constant wars against them and indiscriminately killed scores of their people is just being unreasonable and must be removed. Peace is the only way.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

  13. #353
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    That's not true, you got to name the boat you gifted to the God-King. When the HMS Human Potential falls down a pit in a few weeks you'll know it could have been Anduin's Wrath going down instead.
    I assume we were not using Anduin's ship. That one is sailing to Nyalotha most likely. Or to Dragon Isles for a booty call.

  14. #354
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I assume we were not using Anduin's ship. That one is sailing to Nyalotha most likely. Or to Dragon Isles for a booty call.
    The next expansion will be triggered by Anduin realizing that if he hooks up with Taelia his father-in-law will be the Lich King and his family visits will be awkward. Unwilling to deal with freezing his ass off every Thanksgiving he'll send the player to collect Wrathion for him.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

  15. #355
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Because they assume the entirety of the Alliance is on board for being the Lawful Good human potential brigade. Tyrande herself is being set up to either be enlightened by Anduin or turn evil because anyone who harbors any kind of grudge towards the Horde who've waged constant wars against them and indiscriminately killed scores of their people is just being unreasonable and must be removed. Peace is the only way.
    I doubt they assume that anymore than they assume that the Horde does not have a substantial number of players who cheer for genocide if it means they get to win. But they want to tell a specific story so we are stuck with it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    The next expansion will be triggered by Anduin realizing that if he hooks up with Taelia his father-in-law will be the Lich King and his family visits will be awkward. Unwilling to deal with freezing his ass off every Thanksgiving he'll send the player to collect Wrathion for him.
    Only to find that he has hooked up with Calia, since she always had a thing for black dragon D and in her undeath has become a cougar.

    Though a father of the bride sequel starring Bolvar has great potential.

  16. #356
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I doubt they assume that anymore than they assume that the Horde does not have a substantial number of players who cheer for genocide if it means they get to win. But they want to tell a specific story so we are stuck with it.
    I'm certain that they believe the Alliance fanbase is more homogeneous than the Horde one or more likely that there'd be an uproar if they tried making the Alliance the expansion villain who's leader it has to overthrow alongside the Horde for a change. In short, the Alliance has already learned the lesson that the Horde must learn again and any arguments are just bumps on the road. Hence why there's no choice with Tyrande and Anduin - the Alliance can have its cake and eat it too because it's a given that in the long term Tyrande will come around to seeing things His way.

    Only to find that he has hooked up with Calia, since she always had a thing for black dragon D and in her undeath has become a cougar.

    Though a father of the bride sequel starring Bolvar has great potential.
    She's rebelling against her dad posthumously by this time hooking up with a black dragon deliberately.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

  17. #357
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    That's not true, you got to name the boat you gifted to the God-King. When the HMS Human Potential falls down a pit in a few weeks you'll know it could have been Anduin's Wrath going down instead.
    Anduin's Wrath is the only true choice there.


    Quote Originally Posted by qil View Post
    I don't understand why only Horde has choice between Saurfang and Sylvannas. What about Alliance? There was a chance for choice Tyrande Team vs. Anduin. Things like that should be balance. Now Horde has something better (choice is better than no choice).
    Because Anduin changed his tune from "we are overextended already" to "lel, let's help Tyrande anyway" in the span of five seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Slant is an extremist, willing to sacrifice the lives of everyone to keep his wet dream of the EU alive.
    You shouldn't support people like him, it's like supporting ISIS.

  18. #358
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Anduin's Wrath is the only true choice there.




    Because Anduin changed his tune from "we are overextended already" to "lel, let's help Tyrande anyway" in the span of five seconds.
    The funniest part is just after that you have the battle of dazralazor. And they use nightelves and worgen for the suicide mission.

  19. #359
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    The funniest part is just after that you have the battle of dazralazor. And they use nightelves and worgen for the suicide mission.
    Unlike their faith in Elune, their trust in the God-King is unshakable.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

  20. #360
    Wonder if we'll ever get any mention of how many Goblins, typically civilians, are murdered wholesale through BfA.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •