Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    Meanwhile, we Alliance players haven't had a SINGLE choice in this expansion. Nada. We can't choose to abandon Tyrande and side with Anduin in 8.1, we can't choose to find out and expose Anduin on the fact that he freed a war criminal, we can't choose to... Actually, my bad, the Alliance is such a boring faction that we wouldn't be given many opportunities to choose anyway. That would require having an internal dichotomy that isn't possible with the God-King in charge.
    To be fair: The dispute between Tyrande and Anduin was FAR more believeable and relateable than anything that happened with the Horde this expansion. Just imagine for a second the Horde would actually exist and you would have to talk with the leaders and they had to react in a somehow not-completely-mental way....can you imagine this without them outright killing each other on the spot? It would be pure chaos and anarchy.

I think it would have been fine to give the Alliance player the choice to either go with Tyrande and see the whole Nightwarrior thing...OR stay with Anduin and be sent to infiltrate Dazar'Alor with Shaw (the 8.1 War Cmapaign chapter). Two choices need not be totally anathema to each other...they need not be outright enemies. It would just be different causes of action within a faction that are both believeable. Yet, there was no choice...because the entire Nightwarrior thing was rushed in last minute and never really cared about by Blizzard. Just like this horrible excuse of a warfront which all the streamers praised as an "Evolution from Arathi" at first, when now, i am willing to bet, everybody who has played it 5times or more will agree it is actually worse than Arathi and far more boring.

Still, Blizzard - by total accident - created a single actually believeable player-choice-scene in the whole crapfest that is BFA with the argument between Tyrande and Anduin. They just were not competent enough to actually make it a choice.
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2019-05-06 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    Meanwhile, we Alliance players haven't had a SINGLE choice in this expansion. Nada. We can't choose to abandon Tyrande and side with Anduin in 8.1, we can't choose to find out and expose Anduin on the fact that he freed a war criminal, we can't choose to... Actually, my bad, the Alliance is such a boring faction that we wouldn't be given many opportunities to choose anyway. That would require having an internal dichotomy that isn't possible with the God-King in charge.
    That's not true, you got to name the boat you gifted to the God-King. When the HMS Human Potential falls down a pit in a few weeks you'll know it could have been Anduin's Wrath going down instead.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by qil View Post
    I don't understand why only Horde has choice between Saurfang and Sylvannas. What about Alliance? There was a chance for choice Tyrande Team vs. Anduin. Things like that should be balance. Now Horde has something better (choice is better than no choice).
    Because they assume the entirety of the Alliance is on board for being the Lawful Good human potential brigade. Tyrande herself is being set up to either be enlightened by Anduin or turn evil because anyone who harbors any kind of grudge towards the Horde who've waged constant wars against them and indiscriminately killed scores of their people is just being unreasonable and must be removed. Peace is the only way.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I assume we were not using Anduin's ship. That one is sailing to Nyalotha most likely. Or to Dragon Isles for a booty call.
    The next expansion will be triggered by Anduin realizing that if he hooks up with Taelia his father-in-law will be the Lich King and his family visits will be awkward. Unwilling to deal with freezing his ass off every Thanksgiving he'll send the player to collect Wrathion for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I doubt they assume that anymore than they assume that the Horde does not have a substantial number of players who cheer for genocide if it means they get to win. But they want to tell a specific story so we are stuck with it.
    I'm certain that they believe the Alliance fanbase is more homogeneous than the Horde one or more likely that there'd be an uproar if they tried making the Alliance the expansion villain who's leader it has to overthrow alongside the Horde for a change. In short, the Alliance has already learned the lesson that the Horde must learn again and any arguments are just bumps on the road. Hence why there's no choice with Tyrande and Anduin - the Alliance can have its cake and eat it too because it's a given that in the long term Tyrande will come around to seeing things His way.

Only to find that he has hooked up with Calia, since she always had a thing for black dragon D and in her undeath has become a cougar.

Though a father of the bride sequel starring Bolvar has great potential.
    She's rebelling against her dad posthumously by this time hooking up with a black dragon deliberately.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    That's not true, you got to name the boat you gifted to the God-King. When the HMS Human Potential falls down a pit in a few weeks you'll know it could have been Anduin's Wrath going down instead.
    Anduin's Wrath is the only true choice there.

Quote Originally Posted by qil View Post
    I don't understand why only Horde has choice between Saurfang and Sylvannas. What about Alliance? There was a chance for choice Tyrande Team vs. Anduin. Things like that should be balance. Now Horde has something better (choice is better than no choice).
    Because Anduin changed his tune from "we are overextended already" to "lel, let's help Tyrande anyway" in the span of five seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Anduin's Wrath is the only true choice there.

Because Anduin changed his tune from "we are overextended already" to "lel, let's help Tyrande anyway" in the span of five seconds.
    The funniest part is just after that you have the battle of dazralazor. And they use nightelves and worgen for the suicide mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    The funniest part is just after that you have the battle of dazralazor. And they use nightelves and worgen for the suicide mission.
    Unlike their faith in Elune, their trust in the God-King is unshakable.

Wonder if we'll ever get any mention of how many Goblins, typically civilians, are murdered wholesale through BfA.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    The consequences of Alliance's forces being overextended no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Unlike their faith in Elune, their trust in the God-King is unshakable.
    God-Boiking, get the terminology right.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    The consequences of Alliance's forces being overextended no doubt.

God-Boiking, get the terminology right.
    It is hillarious in retrospect.

Tyrande and Genn: Fuck you, you dont give a damn about Teldrassil and have no sense of whats important to your allies. We're taking all our forces and getting shit done. Go have fun driving the Zandalari even further into the Hordes arms.

Anduin: Fuck you I'm not a human purist! I'll command the night elves and Worgen in Kul Tiras to go on a suicide mission then alongside some Dwarves. That'll show that I dont put Stormwind above everyone else!
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    It is hillarious in retrospect.

Tyrande and Genn: Fuck you, you dont give a damn about Teldrassil and have no sense of whats important to your allies. We're taking all our forces and getting shit done. Go have fun driving the Zandalari even further into the Hordes arms.

Anduin: Fuck you I'm not a human purist! I'll command the night elves and Worgen in Kul Tiras to go on a suicide mission then alongside some Dwarves. That'll show that I dont put Stormwind above everyone else!
    And because he's Anduin, everyone will buy it and no one will ever question it. Or even mention it again.