Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    "All of them are fantastic"

Rofl

10+ Year Old Account

Horde

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I'm sure the knee jerk response would be "3 million people stopped playing their games, that must all be from WoW!" and given BfA's launch sales no doubt a chunk probably is but you know another big chunk of that is going to be Black Ops 4. That game really does look like the cawadoody bubble has burst.
    It also may be mostly from King, because Candy Crush made a major change in piling up extra game bonuses, you could continously play lower levels to build up bonuses now you can't do that. And King has the highest MAU numbers in all branches.

You all know how nervous the investors are right now. That's a big loss no matter how you look at it. Like good ol' Jim says, it's not just enough to make money they want to make ALL the money. I don't really care about their other crap games especially the mobile garbage(which I truly hope fails). I just want to see BfA salvaged to some degree. This is one of the most lackluster and horrible expansions released in a long time. Even WoD had more thought put into the content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daikoku View Post
    DURR BLIZZARD ISNT DYING EHUEUHHEE

WoW not even mentioned.

"Strong cash shop participation" is a given in every quarter by now

"Leadership position in esports" wtf are they smoking?

"You all know how nervous the investors are right now. "
    As an investor ATVI looks great. Company is fine as is. Potential massive upside with future Warcraft Pokémon Go.

As an old school gamer Blizzard is 100% dead though.

Lol are people seriously trying to suggest people are claiming "Blizzard is dying" in this thread just because we pointed out the fact MAUs dropped?

They are NOT dying at all.

But again if you lose nearly 20% of your players over all your games in 6 months then there's something going on. That's not out of the ordinary when content is being thrown out for those games.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-05-03 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    I just wish they had the balls to actually create something fresh and new again, with the Blizzard stample on. They did it with Overwatch, and it was a welcomed game and change.
    The FPS genre was new to them but in the end Overwatch is just a 6v6 simplified version of TF2.

But you're right. I wonder when was the last time Blizzard innovated...

i own 8 account for multiboxing....and like me thousand of other ppl... they are counted in the MAUs but we are not using 7 account to play but to farm.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurtstone View Post
    "You all know how nervous the investors are right now. "
    As an investor ATVI looks great. Company is fine as is. Potential massive upside with future Warcraft Pokémon Go.

As an old school gamer Blizzard is 100% dead though.
    As a professional investor let me assure you that atvi is NOT a good buy. It’s ea and ttwo are better buys within the sector.

Take atvi for example: they are a company reliant on two aging franchises (cod and wow) and both have hit new low points with fans and will likely see falloff year over year. Their failure is not investing in new gamers for the future.

Ttwo has red dead, gta, and borderlands for 2019. Ea has fifa and made ultimate team money (don’t sleep on that $) while atvi has... wow classic and mw4? Atvi has nothing for 2019 that is gonna bring in big money

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Lol are people seriously trying to suggest people are claiming "Blizzard is dying in this thread" just because we pointed out the fact MAUs dropped?

They are NOT dying at all.

But again if you lose nearly 20% of your players over all your games in 6 months then there's something going on. That's not out of the ordinary when content is being thrown out for those games.
    LMFAO! your funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    Lmao this thread is hilarious. "Why don't Blizzard make a new game" uhh because their current IPs are literally raining cash and all of them are fantastic. Someone in this thread even said "consumers know the real state of blizzard shareholders know nothing" as if the SEC isn't a bunch of absolute bloodhounds. WoW, Blizzard, ATVI - none of them are going anywhere, no matter how many YouTubers make clickbait videos saying everything is dying.
    As both a pro stockholder and gamer; there is a small nugget of truth that gamers will be more in tune with game companies and news than stock investors. Many of my stock friends mocked my hard for getting into game stocks last decade but I sold last October and would caution against investing in atvi. Ea and ttwo are worth holding because of their steady cash flow for the foreseeable future, but atvi is in a world of hurt.

Blizzard is actually the one good performer in the atvi portfolio. Not all of them are winners though and the only game profitable for Blizz atm is wow. Which will need heavy investment to win people back. Secondly, as expensive as wow classic is to redevelop they will never see that money recouped because it comes with our current sub fee

The issue with atvi vs something like ea, is that atvi put all of its hopes in a few franchises that are inevitably fading away. Bo4 is the most despised cod ever, and even though it sold a lot at launch, it’s prwctically dead now online and only there to abuse whales. Wow and cod aren’t popular enough or gaining ground anymore, and since they legit have no other title worth playing in 2019, they are a poor investment.

Meanwhile, ea has madden and fifa ultimate teams which each generate more money than cod and wow combined. Atvi doesn’t have the luxury of sports titles to carry them yearly. Even ttwo is a better investment from a pure investment standpoint.

Atvi does not really have a major aaa title this year not named wow classic or cod mw4 and that’s a disaster for shareholders

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    LMFAO! your funny.
    Imagine trying to ridicule someone while typing "your funny"...

Oh the irony!
    "That shit went down faster than a gold digger on a dying rich dude".

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Is WoW a mobile game(yet)? No. It's not.

I said on the market. As in the PC game market. You could even compare it to other games that have a full box buy in price + a subscription.

The cash shop is a fucking DISGRACE. Stop defending it.
    I'm not defending the cash shop, literally said it in my first reply to you. Read properly, please.

Again, WoW's cash shop is nothing out of the ordinary, as in the PC market. I'd say it's fair to say the other two contenders for the top MMO's of the moment are ESO and FFXIV, right? Their cash shops are basically the same in essence (services & cosmetics), but ESO's cash shop makes WoW's cash shop seem passable when it comes to MTX's for example, ESO even has loot boxes lmao. Literally, WoW cash shop nothing out of the ordinary when it comes to PC games.

It is indeed a disgrace, but it is what it is. Such are the times.

Quote Originally Posted by Azmoden View Post
    Imagine trying to ridicule someone while typing "your funny"...

Oh the irony!
    Thats not why its funny he doesnt even play any blizzard games hes talking out of hes ass i been playing them lately and what hes saying doesn't = what im playing at all.hes just guessing like always aka LMFAO your funny respond.He has zero clues about blizzard games right now.
    Last edited by Lurker1; 2019-05-03 at 01:07 PM.

Who the hell plays 50 characters?? I dont even have time for one lol

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    They could fix the issue by making spirit bomb require nothing and just be a cooldown that generates a few soul fragments and adds the leech debuff. Pretty simple to fix to be honest.
    Yep. Just put a 10 sec CD on it or something, and while we're at it: Make it baseline.

There's several talents where I'm pretty sure if they were just baseline, nobody would mind. Spirit Bomb was insanely good for a good portion of Legion and is really good in BFA, too. The abililty is fun, interacts well with the build, the only "problem" is that you can spam it like crazy.

As such: Give it a short CD, make it baseline. I doubt any DHs would mind, and we could get another talent that maybe just reduces its cooldown and increases its damage or something if you don't wanna reinvent the wheel.

Oh well. Won't happen, class changes before an expansion are rarely a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Grevmak View Post
    Yep. Just put a 10 sec CD on it or something, and while we're at it: Make it baseline.

There's several talents where I'm pretty sure if they were just baseline, nobody would mind. Spirit Bomb was insanely good for a good portion of Legion and is really good in BFA, too. The abililty is fun, interacts well with the build, the only "problem" is that you can spam it like crazy.

As such: Give it a short CD, make it baseline. I doubt any DHs would mind, and we could get another talent that maybe just reduces its cooldown and increases its damage or something if you don't wanna reinvent the wheel.

Oh well. Won't happen, class changes before an expansion are rarely a thing.
    I can deal with it as is for now but we definitely have the right idea, the cooldown just has to be low enough that we can keep the debuff up.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    Thats not why its funny he doesnt even play any blizzard games hes talking out of hes ass i been playing them lately and what hes saying doesn't = what im playing at all.hes just guessing like always aka LMFAO your funny respond.He has zero clues about blizzard games right now.
    Ok, now try to say what you just said, but in English. Us mere mortals cannot comprehend your obviously more advanced language.

You certainly have the intellectual capacities of a typical Blizzard fanboy, that's for sure... All hail Asmongold, immarite?
    "That shit went down faster than a gold digger on a dying rich dude".

Quote Originally Posted by Azmoden View Post
    Ok, now try to say what you just said, but in English. Us mere mortals cannot comprehend your obviously more advanced language.

You certainly have the intellectual capacities of a typical Blizzard fanboy, that's for sure... All hail Asmongold, immarite?
    Good thing i always set my care-o-meter to zero.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Good comparison.

The prices are almost double for every single one.
    are you blind or not even trying????

double for every single??? most of the price for both game are similar