Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Baine Rescue Questline (Horde) - Patch 8.2

Then sylvanas planned to kill Lorthemar and Thalyssra before the escape of Baine!

Glad to see the Horde PC going absolutely beastmode and destroying those Sunreaver plebeians. Especially a blood elf PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Then sylvanas planned to kill Lorthemar and Thalyssra before the escape of Baine!
    She knew that he was infected with Baine-itis before all this began. It would have been a mercy killing.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Lor'themar's dialogue is even worse than I feared. Farewell Lor'themar, it's a shame you're the next victim of Blizzard to be sacrificed on the altar of Anduin.

Also, just lol at Thrall. On one hand he, rather uncharacteristically for him, had enough self awareness to admit that what they are doing will be "seen by some" as treason. But then when they go to Underhold he's all like "stay your weapons, we're here only to commit treason". Great dialogue right there.

Literally the only good thing to come out of it is, surprisingly, about Vol'jin. I.e. the bit about him using Underhold as shelter at the start of Legion and not just keeping it closed because it's tainted by bad juju from Garrosh. Looks like he wasn't a complete waste of space as Warchief.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Literally the only good thing to come out of it is, surprisingly, about Vol'jin. I.e. the bit about him using Underhold as shelter at the start of Legion and not just keeping it closed because it's tainted by bad juju from Garrosh. Looks like he wasn't a complete waste of space as Warchief.
    >tfw your greatest achievement as Warchief is reusing assets left to you by a much better leader
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2019-05-03 at 11:56 AM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Nothing of the sort is mentioned in the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    >tfw your greatest achievement as Warchief is reusing assets left to you by a much better leader
    Hence "not a complete waste of space" and not "good".
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Credit where it's due, he could have collapsed the Underhold to deal with the crippling PTSD of seeing his loincloth-wearing henchmen run into the giant robot scorpion's buzzsaws.

7+ Year Old Account
    I still await more of Vol'jin's questline.
    It's the only quest self-aware enough to try and pinpoint who the fuck wrote this nonsense about Sylvanas as Warchief
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Credit where it's due, he could have collapsed the Underhold to deal with the crippling PTSD of seeing his loincloth-wearing henchmen run into the giant robot scorpion's buzzsaws.
    What do you mean? Everything went according to plan in that engagement. Their bodies jammed the Juggernaut's saws, which made it possible for the players to defeat it.

What do you mean? Everything went according to plan in that engagement. Their bodies jammed the Juggernaut's saws, which made it possible for the players to defeat it.
    You make it sound like a legitimate strategy that'd be used in the real world if you put it like that.

Nothing of the sort is mentioned in the video.

in the dialogues that we have already seen, sylvanas says that the sinking of the fleets of the horde and the alliance was part of her plan to kill the members of the horde that she believed were not loyal, lorthemar and thalysra are in nazjatar when they ask you that free baine! that means that sylvanas first tried to kill them.

I don't get it, people.

Yes, the story and writing has been pretty bad this expansion, but why do people keep saying Lor'themar's character has been butchered? He has always acted like this. I see no difference. I think he is the only Horde leader that has actually been consistent in recent expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Glad to see the Horde PC going absolutely beastmode and destroying those Sunreaver plebeians. Especially a blood elf PC.
    There's some race combos where this scenario is straight up hilarious. Imagine Forsaken loyalist running alongside Thrall trying to pretend to care about our friend Baine while slaughtering his own people.

Lor'themar's dialogue is even worse than I feared. Farewell Lor'themar, it's a shame you're the next victim of Blizzard to be sacrificed on the altar of Anduin.

Also, just lol at Thrall. On one hand he, rather uncharacteristically for him, had enough self awareness to admit that what they are doing will be "seen by some" as treason. But then when they go to Underhold he's all like "stay your weapons, we're here only to commit treason". Great dialogue right there.

why? On numerous occasions Lorthemar has shown that he hates the current sylvanas and feels that Baine is a good person.
    to lorthemar this war must be something terribly stupid the only thing that matters to him is the well-being of his people and a war with the alliance is not exactly the best way to protect the lives of the blood elves, in addition sylvanas is raising dead blood elves she must die

@Rhlor @Hallowseve17

Lor'themar and Baine have never exchanged a single line of dialogue. Baine's ethos of "Do what (I think) is right, even if it may harm those who I'm responsible for" runs directly counter to Bob keeping his head low and always working for the benefit of his race.

His first lines were fine. He's been anti-Sylvanas for ages. Him talking about how Baine represents all that is good in the Horde and without him the Horde is nothing is parody.

@Rhlor @Hallowseve17

Lor'themar and Baine have never exchanged a single line of dialogue. Baine's ethos of "Do what (I think) is right, even if it may harm those who I'm responsible for" runs directly counter to Bob keeping his head low and always working for the benefit of his race.

His first lines were fine. He's been anti-Sylvanas for ages. Him talking about how Baine represents all that is good in the Horde and without him the Horde is nothing is parody.
    Lor'themar is just jealous of Baine's friendship with Anduin. When Lor'themar tried to be friends with the Alliance, it immediately bit him in the ass.

As an alliance player i just found this questline hilarious when i considered what Thrall must be thinking here.
    Based on what we have seen, the last Thrall saw of the horde, Sylvanas had just been made warchief with seemingly no problems so far. Then when he returns Baine is captured for treason. He meets Jaina and Shaw who point out how this is the second time this scenario has happened with a horde Warchief.
    Then he is told about Teldrassil burning down killing most of the Night elven population, and then to add a final insult to injury, he sees a forsaken warden, implicitly stating that Sylvanas has become the lich king 2.0 and noone in the horde has pointed it out yet.

I almost wanted Thrall to stop right before we got to Baine, look at Saurfang and start asking how the Horde could get that cartoonishly evil in less than a year. Maybe even just take Jaina aside and mention how he just wants to free Baine and then the Alliance could do whatever to Sylvanas, because clearly his vision of a noble horde has failed completely.
    Last edited by Sondrelk; 2019-05-03 at 01:50 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hallowseve17 View Post
    I don't get it, people.

Yes, the story and writing has been pretty bad this expansion, but why do people keep saying Lor'themar's character has been butchered? He has always acted like this. I see no difference. I think he is the only Horde leader that has actually been consistent in recent expansions.
    I think it's because there's not a single scene of Lor'themar and Baine interacting with each other. So people probably assume that Lor'themar does not even know what Baine is about, despite being a fellow racial leader who probably know about one another.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I almost wanted Thrall to stop right before we got to Baine, look at Saurfang and start asking how the Horde could get that cartoonishly evil in less than a year.
    Not even Vol'jin knows

-The writing team
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

The dude never even talks to Anduin, nor has he ever said even one good thing about the kid. I think Anduin is living rent free in your head. Lor'themar interacts primarily with Jaina and Genn this patch, and that's who he's getting along with just fine.

The writing team clearly likes a lot the saturday cartoons.

Well I guess the zandalari got some nice writing and spotlight in their conflicts and we got Talanji and more trolls characters
    Last edited by Zandalariprelate; 2019-05-03 at 02:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself