Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Short hair has nearly always been a thing for People in Roles that may involve dangerous circumstances. Short hairs means you don't get hair in your face whilst running, You don't have something in your eyes in a crucial moment, An Assailant can't grabs your hair as a means to incapacitate you if you have no hair, It's easier to maintain and keep looking tidy.

    There are many benefits of Short hair for Police officers.
    The Romans started this in the legions so you couldn’t grab a man by the hair and slit his throat.
    There is no one more racist than a white liberal.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by The Knight View Post
    I'm having trouble finding anything with concrete numbers (probably because I've found a few stating this is not a tracked statistic, go figure) but here's an article from a police resource stating it is common.
    https://www.policemag.com/341085/mil...aw-enforcement

    As far as position I would say it depend on their role. I know infantry who became cops, marine officers who worked for federal law enforcement agencies, and so on. Position in law enforcement depended on position in the military, but it was still a transition to something under the law enforcement umbrella.
    Yeah, it talks about them be flooded with candidates because of the Afghanistan and Iraq war, which is when President Bush wanted more bodies in the military, many of which were in Combat/Infantry MOS’s, listed here:

    https://m.goarmy.com/careers-and-job.../combat.m.html
    “Fairy tales are more than true – not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten.” - G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman
    Twitter | DeviantArt | Twitch

  3. #43
    The Undying freefolk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    33,366
    American culture hasn't changed much at all.

    We have the internet now so an incident involving a police officer in Baton Rouge Louisiana is now known all over the country and even internationally.

    I think it's good in a way. Let's discuss it. It can only make the police better.
    .

    "This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

    -- Capt. Copeland

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    but muh freedumbs
    what if govurnmnt
    tresspass on mah property
    Imagine memeing on the Constitution and Bill of Rights

    Good luck defending your self or family without any sort of firearm. Hope you can make it a phone to call the cops if something happens, and I hope they're there quick enough to help you out.

  5. #45
    Scarab Lord The Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hallownest
    Posts
    4,591
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Yeah, it talks about them be flooded with candidates because of the Afghanistan and Iraq war, which is when President Bush wanted more bodies in the military, many of which were in Combat/Infantry MOS’s, listed here:

    https://m.goarmy.com/careers-and-job.../combat.m.html
    So it was common then.

  6. #46
    The Undying Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    32,112
    Quote Originally Posted by morpen View Post
    Because the crime has changed. As the criminals get harder, so must the police.
    Crime is down... so much so that police in many jurisdictions are remanded for not "finding" crime.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Didly View Post
    Imagine memeing on the Constitution and Bill of Rights

    Good luck defending your self or family without any sort of firearm. Hope you can make it a phone to call the cops if something happens, and I hope they're there quick enough to help you out.
    How do people in other countries do it?

  7. #47
    The Unstoppable Force zenkai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    US
    Posts
    21,490
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    The grunts, maybe - like the infantry guys. They don’t really learn any useful skills to use outside of the military so law enforcement may be the go-to option.
    I think he is more talking about the % of police officers who use to be military and you're talking about the % of military who become police officers. You will get totally different numbers out of the same story.
    For some people, everything is a moral question. If you agree with them, you are virtuous. If you don't, you are a monster.
    Proof Elizabeth Warren lied about being Native American
    A Congress woman who doesn't know the 3 branches of Government.
    Now that's funny!

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by The Knight View Post
    So it was common then.
    Maybe back then because there was an influx of people in combat MOS’s. There’s a lot more MOS’s than just those, many of which actually give soldiers a skillset to use after the military.

    So, no, not really common amongst all soldiers.
    “Fairy tales are more than true – not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten.” - G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman
    Twitter | DeviantArt | Twitch

  9. #49
    Warchief boyzma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In yer base, killing yer dudes
    Posts
    2,141
    Sure is easy to tell which posters live here in the US and know reality and those posters who are from other countries and want to spew bullshit. Sad really.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Misuteri View Post
    The Romans started this in the legions so you couldn’t grab a man by the hair and slit his throat.
    That actually makes a lot of sense.
    “Fairy tales are more than true – not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten.” - G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman
    Twitter | DeviantArt | Twitch

  11. #51
    The Patient Yadryonych's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Матушка Россия
    Posts
    305
    Quote Originally Posted by CmdrShep2154 View Post
    Should American police work harder to attract a more classy recruit?
    But policemen on a photo with boy are canadian

  12. #52
    Scarab Lord The Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hallownest
    Posts
    4,591
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Maybe back then because there was an influx of people in combat MOS’s. There’s a lot more MOS’s than just those, many of which actually give soldiers a skillset to use after the military.

    So, no, not really common amongst all soldiers.
    I am aware that the wide variety of military rolls offer a wide variety of skillsets. I even mentioned in my earlier post that for some the transition was temporary. Even by your own statement here it assists my argument. "Maybe back then because there was an influx of people" - an influx of infantry about 10 years ago or so would help shift the culture and that could continue to the present examples.

    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I think he is more talking about the % of police officers who use to be military and you're talking about the % of military who become police officers. You will get totally different numbers out of the same story.
    Also this. I'm aware right now given lack of statistics all we've got is our opposing anecdotal evidence but mine tells me that it is not uncommon for law enforcement officers to have a military background and transitioning from military to law enforcement is not an uncommon occurrence. I wasn't arguing it was 'common among ALL soliders', I was arguing very generally that it is/was common.

  13. #53
    The Patient Yadryonych's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Матушка Россия
    Posts
    305
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabric View Post
    You want to go back to a time where the police could indiscriminately target black people without repercussion?
    I can clearly see that policemen are black as well, are they discriminating themselves atm?

  14. #54
    I am Murloc! Ealyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Switzerland, Geneva
    Posts
    5,702
    Militarization of the police, which is totally not linked to having weapons everywhere

    Quote Originally Posted by CmdrShep2154 View Post
    Should American police work harder to attract a more classy recruit?
    That would imply to pay those civil servants more. Are you a socialist ? How un-american of you...
    Last edited by Ealyssa; 2019-05-03 at 01:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    nazi is not the abbreviation of national socialism....
    When googling 4 letters is asking too much fact-checking.

  15. #55
    The Unstoppable Force zenkai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    US
    Posts
    21,490
    Quote Originally Posted by The Knight View Post
    I am aware that the wide variety of military rolls offer a wide variety of skillsets. I even mentioned in my earlier post that for some the transition was temporary. Even by your own statement here it assists my argument. "Maybe back then because there was an influx of people" - an influx of infantry about 10 years ago or so would help shift the culture and that could continue to the present examples.


    Also this. I'm aware right now given lack of statistics all we've got is our opposing anecdotal evidence but mine tells me that it is not uncommon for law enforcement officers to have a military background and transitioning from military to law enforcement is not an uncommon occurrence. I wasn't arguing it was 'common among ALL soliders', I was arguing very generally that it is/was common.
    Yeah, it's the main reason my brother joined the Army. He wanted to be a cop, they told him to get military experience or some other training. He ended up loving it and stayed in, he's 16 years in atm, in the special forces.
    For some people, everything is a moral question. If you agree with them, you are virtuous. If you don't, you are a monster.
    Proof Elizabeth Warren lied about being Native American
    A Congress woman who doesn't know the 3 branches of Government.
    Now that's funny!

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by The Knight View Post
    I am aware that the wide variety of military rolls offer a wide variety of skillsets. I even mentioned in my earlier post that for some the transition was temporary. Even by your own statement here it assists my argument. "Maybe back then because there was an influx of people" - an influx of infantry about 10 years ago or so would help shift the culture and that could continue to the present examples.
    An influx of prior military from previous wars means we now have a higher number of prior military currently in law enforcement. It doesn’t mean just as many still join law enforcement, nor does it mean that it’s a common practice.
    “Fairy tales are more than true – not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten.” - G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman
    Twitter | DeviantArt | Twitch

  17. #57
    Scarab Lord Dellis0991's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Detroit,Michigan,USA
    Posts
    4,845
    Yeah they had nice hair while they billy clubbed the shit out of people.

  18. #58
    Scarab Lord The Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hallownest
    Posts
    4,591
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    An influx of prior military from previous wars means we now have a higher number of prior military currently in law enforcement. It doesn’t mean just as many still join law enforcement,
    This is true, my personal experience with people would fall in the probably 2007-2013 window that they transitioned out of the military into law enforcement.

    nor does it mean that it’s a common practice.
    And here we would just go back and forth all day with anecdotal quibbling. As I said, every person I know personally who was in the military spent at least some period of time in law enforcement after leaving service and almost all of them have told me it was common, or at least not uncommon, and then you're telling me no that's not true. So instead of keeping this up indefinitely have you seen any good movies lately?

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by The Knight View Post
    This is true, my personal experience with people would fall in the probably 2007-2013 window that they transitioned out of the military into law enforcement.


    And here we would just go back and forth all day with anecdotal quibbling. As I said, every person I know personally who was in the military spent at least some period of time in law enforcement after leaving service and almost all of them have told me it was common, or at least not uncommon, and then you're telling me no that's not true. So instead of keeping this up indefinitely have you seen any good movies lately?
    I don’t know how many military people you personally know, but since birth I’ve been in the military life. I know a lot of military people, that’s why I replied to you.
    “Fairy tales are more than true – not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten.” - G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman
    Twitter | DeviantArt | Twitch

  20. #60
    The Patient J012D4N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    220
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Yeah... look at those two racist black police officers going after that black criminal. They must have targeted him because he is black... like they are.
    Context ...
    This is from the Columbia Ave riots. Police were asked not to use excessive force, or un-holster their fire arms, blah blah.

    The photo below is a show of "excessive force", where cops south of the Mason-Dixon basically let their dogs attack anyone protesting, not dispersing. Sometimes bystanders got caught up in it. That photo is an example of police brutality during the Birmingham riots.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    I can clearly see that policemen are black as well, are they discriminating themselves atm?
    See above. Think that's what this guy was trying to convey?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •