Thread: Murozond

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account

Murozond

Isn't Nozdormu supposed to become Murozond because of the Old Gods? If N'Zoth is the only one left then he's probably supposed to be the one to do that to him and if that's the case could Murozond be the big twist at the end of BFA?

Either he stops us from defeating N'Zoth or N'Zoth dies but already started working on him.

7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard probably does not even remember
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

5+ Year Old Account
    Something interesting is in "End Time" the 4 big lore characters are Sylvanas, Jaina, Baine and Tyrande.

And who have been the 4 big characters this expansion? Sylvanas, Jaina, Baine and Tyrande.

I mean a certain bronze dragon aspect has disappeared

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the dragon aspects are sorta not relevant so..I can't say this means anything.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    I mean a certain bronze dragon aspect has disappeared
    Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by CreatureLives View Post
    Am I missing something?
    I believe in 8.2 the HoA quests involve the dragonflights except bronze? Havent read too much into them yet.

It doesn't matter if the Old Gods are gone, Nozdormu changes and creates the Infinite Dragonflight as a way to get around his own death which was shown to him when he got his powers, and according to the End Time dungeon, his death was the same as said vision. As far as we know, there is no way he can bypass this end of life
    A hero of war, yeah that's what I'll be. And when I come home, they'll be damn proud of me

Quote Originally Posted by CreatureLives View Post
    Am I missing something?
    In the Heart of Azeroth questline in 8.2, the dragon aspects play a role (with Merithra taking Ysera's place) but bronze dragons aren't involved. There's a joke at the very end where Chromie shows up and says she's finally early for once, but Nozdormu isn't around. So there's a chance his corruption is already taking place.

I don't remember it being directly stated that old gods caused it. Probably but it was blamed on madness iirc. Something about repetition?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    I don't remember it being directly stated that old gods caused it. Probably but it was blamed on madness iirc. Something about repetition?
    I remember making a thread on this asking the same question after Cataclysm. How I remember it being explained to me was since we defeated Murozond specifically at the End of Time, we prevented Nozdormu from eventually becoming Murozond since his future time locked the timeways to lead to EoT. In slaying Murozond, we have prevented that outcome from being possible or something like that.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    I remember making a thread on this asking the same question after Cataclysm. How I remember it being explained to me was since we defeated Murozond specifically at the End of Time, we prevented Nozdormu from eventually becoming Murozond since his future time locked the timeways to lead to EoT. In slaying Murozond, we have prevented that outcome from being possible or something like that.
    I thought it was something like we clipped it but it was one of those things that was going to happen no matter what sooner or later.

5+ Year Old Account
    Well, we always say that we wish we could go back to having a big bad in the expansions. We had Illidan, Arthas, Deathwing and I guess Garrosh and that was basically it. I mean, we faced the Legion all Legion but Sargeras never showed up till the end. Gul'dan was the closest thing to a big bad we had in WoD and Legion but it's not really the same thing. BFA it will likely be N'Zoth but he operates from the shadows.

Murozond/Nozdormu I think could be the big bad we all want. I think he and the Infinite Dragonflight could carry an entire expansion and just visually it's not something we've seen very much of especially recently and I'd love to see what a new model for Murozond would look like.

Also, it would be a good reason to bring back Caverns of Time.
    Last edited by CreatureLives; 2019-04-28 at 03:10 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    The problem with a Murozond storyline is we already killed him, and I don't want to see any more time travel.
    Nozdormu is still alive.

Murozond is Nozdormu going mad about knowing his death and finally going insane trying to stop it. The End Time dungeon can no longer happen as we managed to kill Deathwing (Nozdormu said there were only 1 or 2 timelines where we win if I remember) and used his power to bind that moment in time so that not even the Infinite Dragons can screw with it. We stopped the End Time but as he said at the end of that dungeon, he will fall to madness and we will have to kill him.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I know, but having us kill Murozond again means that there's another bs alternate timeline explanation for the previous incarnation. No thanks.
    Garrosh messed with the past whereas we stopped one possible future from happening. Nozdormu will become Murozond and I don't think that can be prevented.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with a Murozond storyline is we already killed him, and I don't want to see any more time travel.
    ...Yeah, I thought so. Thanks for confirming.

I think Blizz is intentionally moving away from a single big bad dominating an expansion after Cataclysm (Deathwing), Wrath (Arthas) and to a lesser extent MoP (The Sha+ Y'Shaarj, then Garrosh) and WoD (Garrosh + Grom, then Gul'dan).

Alot of folks took issue with Arthas being "Cartoon Villain" in many of the Icecrown Quests involving him. Most also felt the "There Must Always Be A Lich King" denied closure to a certain extent. Deathwing...HoT RUINED him because of how needlessly over the top it was. The "Stood in the Fire" Achievement before HoT was cool. For those who didn't play Cata when it was current, sometimes while questing the zone would turn red. Deathwing would randomly fly over and nuke every player in the zone and everyone who happened to get hit got an achievement for it. MoP...Blizz swerved HARD to the right from Y'Shaarj's Heart being the final boss to a Sha-Empowered Garrosh being the final boss. WoD advertised Grom as likely being the final boss but then they changed their minds after the first tier was released and swapped in Gul'dan to set up for Legion as we would later learn.

We've had multiple big bads in Vanilla, TBC, Legion and BFA. I think it's better that way personally.

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Murozond is Nozdormu going mad about knowing his death and finally going insane trying to stop it. The End Time dungeon can no longer happen as we managed to kill Deathwing (Nozdormu said there were only 1 or 2 timelines where we win if I remember) and used his power to bind that moment in time so that not even the Infinite Dragons can screw with it. We stopped the End Time but as he said at the end of that dungeon, he will fall to madness and we will have to kill him.

Nozdormu will become Murozond and I don't think that can be prevented.
    Oh I know he knows what will happen to him eventually. I know the Lore. The Titan who made him an aspect--I can't remember which one offhand--showed him exactly when and how he will die so he wouldn't think he was untouchable. Yeah the timeways were locked to the End of Time but in that scenario, DW is dead (impaled on top of Wyrmcrest Temple) but it's irrelvant now since everyone's basically dead except the Infinite Dragonflight.

I know what Nozzy said after Murozond was killed but that was before he exhausted his powers as an Aspect to empower the Dragon Soul. He's no longer an Aspect just like the other 2 remaining living former Aspects Alex and Kalec (Ysera being dead now obviously). The Dragonflights lost most of their powers when the Aspects did including the ability to reproduce from what I understand. Kalec disbanded the Blue Flight while the Black Fight's all but extinct now. The Green Flight has a new leader while Alex is trying to enjoy retirement. Nozzy's the only one whose fate post-Cata we still don't know and it is strange given he's no longer an Aspect.

Wasn't there also a quest chain where Chromie gets targeted by the Infinite Dragonflight? It lit speculation Chromie's Future Self will become the new Murozond or something.

Wasn't there also a quest chain where Chromie gets targeted by the Infinite Dragonflight? It lit speculation Chromie's Future Self will become the new Murozond or something.
    There are a few hints that caused speculation that it's the player character that wants to kill Chromie. The void lord will always stare at you and say "You should not be here!" Think it's just suppose to be a silly thing and not canon though.

The timeline where Murozond came to be and was subsequentely killed ceased to exist the moment we destroyed Deathwing.

Murozond can still resurface however the "end time" should be somewhat different from what we previously encountered.

Also, Nozdormu has always known about his death, so the catalyst for Murozond was brought on by a vision of something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Arakkar View Post
    The timeline where Murozond came to be and was subsequentely killed ceased to exist the moment we destroyed Deathwing.

Murozond can still resurface however the "end time" should be somewhat different from what we previously encountered.

Also, Nozdormu has always known about his death, so the catalyst for Murozond was brought on by a vision of something else.
    That timeline was never even supposed to have ever happened. The End Time was always an artificial timeline created by Murozond as the true fate of Azeroth was apparently far worse. Considering that in that timeline Azeroth is dead despite the Old Gods' victory, presumably there is no danger of the Void Titan Azeroth, so it is indeed better for the universe than some other alternatives.

People don't understand the reality of Nozdormu. There are no alternate versions of Nozdormu/Murozond, he is the Timeless One, there is only one personal timeline on which Nozdormu exists and it's already written. From his own point of view Nozdormu will become Murozond and he will die in the End Time dungeon exactly as we've already seen.