Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
13
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Blizzard has gone to shit. They are ruining games that were once great and made most of us fans of them. That's why there is negativity everywhere.

  2. #42
    People are being excessively negative in direct response to the overwhelming levels of white-knighting and ignoring of normal levels of criticism.

    Think about it for a second: Beta testers and PTR players spend months criticizing and explaining why a particular feature or mechanic are terrible, but it gets pushed through by the devs anyway. Then when the general playerbase gets ahold of it and starts experiencing the very thing that was warned about, they complain. And when they complain....white knights come out of the woodwork and talk down to people as though their opinion doesn't matter, and how blizzard is perfect.

    Gosh...now why would THAT cause people to get negative feelings about a game?
    Happiness is peace in motion.

  3. #43
    The Unstoppable Force Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In the #1, Azeroth!
    Posts
    24,172
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    Blizzard has gone to shit. They are ruining games that were once great and made most of us fans of them. That's why there is negativity everywhere.
    Negativity on these forums =/= negativity everywhere.
    Sorry, but MMO-C is not exactly representatives of a majority. Even for online communities, it's small when compared to other social media.

    And "most of us"? Way to exclude anyone still enjoying their games just fine. Even WoD had people enjoy it, with Legion being delivered afterwards as a nice, rounded middle finger to the crowd screeching about maintenance mode or whatnot.

    The self-appointed critics don't tend to be as level-headed and objective as they like to pretend when they feel anger at the idea of people enjoying something they don't.
    How very odd...
    It would seem that one simply can't make Classic sound good, without first attempting to make Retail sound bad.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    People are being excessively negative in direct response to the overwhelming levels of white-knighting and ignoring of normal levels of criticism.

    Think about it for a second: Beta testers and PTR players spend months criticizing and explaining why a particular feature or mechanic are terrible, but it gets pushed through by the devs anyway. Then when the general playerbase gets ahold of it and starts experiencing the very thing that was warned about, they complain. And when they complain....white knights come out of the woodwork and talk down to people as though their opinion doesn't matter, and how blizzard is perfect.

    Gosh...now why would THAT cause people to get negative feelings about a game?
    Well said mate.

    The majority are tired of Blizzards nonsense day in day out. They just use the Beta for a damn PR stunt these days rather than actual testing/feedback gathering and it's sad.

    Doesn't help people are there telling them that the bugs/issues are fine when they clearly aren't.

    And it's not just WoW in general. Across 2 quarters despite content updates and record profits across games Blizzard lost 6-8 million MAUs out of around 39-40 mil. That's around 15-25% give or take.

    And that's the problem. They are too busy chasing and getting the profit they don't care about the players anymore.

  5. #45
    Pit Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    America, F*** yeah.
    Posts
    2,290
    I came back on the midpoint of legion after leaving before pandas dropped(technical issues, not "WAAA PANDAS!" since I already know you're going to assume less than savory things after what comes next) and have left again, because too much has changed and precious little of it for the better.

    Classes are both less fun, and less complex than they ever have been in my history of playing, no longer do I pick the correct tool to use at the correct moment, because now I have one class appropriate hammer I'm allowed to use. The story, while nice, is definitely lifting from the FFXIV experience without remembering the core of their long and involved story in an MMO being that you only have to do said story once instead of 12 times or 24 if you want a full roster on both sides. The writing of the story so far is.. well we went from "he's huge in lore! but pretty much nonexistent ingame." illidan, to saturday morning cartoon villain arthas to filler arc deathwing... and we've swung to saturday morning cartoons again, except this time it's the "definitely evil until the big reveal turns out that she actually had literally every single person's interests at heart but had to be all evil and shit becuase they had no friends but now they do, FRIENDSHIP POWER!!!" setup.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

  6. #46
    Ppl complaining on the forums must be

    -angry teenagers
    -ppl in their 20s
    -adults that failed in life

    One of the above, normal ppl would just quit the game if they dont like it and move on.
    I still dont understand that, when i unsubbed i just stayed away from the game/forums. But there are comments from ppl saying “oh i unsubbed in tbc, didnt play for 12 years but game is sheit” what the actual f ? Why u do dis ?

    Or the comments about ppl unsubbing/leaving, no one actually gives a f about you xd you are a minority of players on a fan site, just because you hate the game it doesnt mean everyone else should...just let it go and play your Final Fantasy 765

  7. #47
    The Unstoppable Force Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In the #1, Azeroth!
    Posts
    24,172
    Quote Originally Posted by Lythelia View Post
    Yeah, people are pretty negative. They always have been on the forums. You are right, there is a difference between being critical and being negative and a lot of people fail to walk that line well. I'm just as guilty of this. The answer is no, they are not helping and are in fact making things worse for everyone by endlessly stomping their feet and whining. That said, making a big and long ranty post also serves to fuel those flames more. The best you or I can do is be fair, level headed, and point out when they're not being honest.
    Sadly, they shield themselves from such criticisms through ferocious circle-jerking.
    That's where the core issue lies I'd say, they're not so much concerned about the game as they are about feeling better about the fact that they're not enjoying it when others are.

    I especially love it when a person goes on a long tirade filled with many hyperbolish statements about "fanboys" and "shitty games" and "dying companies" only to be called out, and instantly resort to the "I want the game to be better bro!!!"-defense.

    Yes, I'm sure the game will be so much better through verbal diarrhea on an obscure fan forum rather than a coherent, well articulated piece sent to the company in question. Or simply voting with the wallet and moving on with life, money talks.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2019-05-04 at 12:06 AM.
    How very odd...
    It would seem that one simply can't make Classic sound good, without first attempting to make Retail sound bad.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Xemioza View Post
    Ppl complaining on the forums must be

    -angry teenagers
    -ppl in their 20s
    -adults that failed in life

    One of the above, normal ppl would just quit the game if they dont like it and move on.
    I still dont understand that, when i unsubbed i just stayed away from the game/forums. But there are comments from ppl saying “oh i unsubbed in tbc, didnt play for 12 years but game is sheit” what the actual f ? Why u do dis ?

    Or the comments about ppl unsubbing/leaving, no one actually gives a f about you xd you are a minority of players on a fan site, just because you hate the game it doesnt mean everyone else should...just let it go and play your Final Fantasy 765
    Here we can see the average white knight in his natural habitat, with an IQ of 10.


    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    People are being excessively negative in direct response to the overwhelming levels of white-knighting and ignoring of normal levels of criticism.

    Think about it for a second: Beta testers and PTR players spend months criticizing and explaining why a particular feature or mechanic are terrible, but it gets pushed through by the devs anyway. Then when the general playerbase gets ahold of it and starts experiencing the very thing that was warned about, they complain. And when they complain....white knights come out of the woodwork and talk down to people as though their opinion doesn't matter, and how blizzard is perfect.

    Gosh...now why would THAT cause people to get negative feelings about a game?
    This here.
    Last edited by TwitchPrime; 2019-05-04 at 12:09 AM.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by TwitchPrime View Post
    Here we can see the average white knigh in his natural habitat, with an IQ of 10.
    I totally read that in David Attenborough's voice.
    "That shit went down faster than a gold digger on a dying rich dude".

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Annka View Post
    Music team, art team, developers team. Why being so negative? Have we all forgotten what it means being a human? Are you the best in your job? You try but are you? Criticism is part of us to develop in our career, our personality, social practical and theoretical but when too much negativity comes around saying everyone should be fired seems more like a desire of wanting for Blizzard-Activision just completely disappear and take them down from one way or another, simply because they don't exceed your expectations as a gamer, that's childish, uncreative, shows lack of respect. In the second you try take a company down, your advantage to have a reason on the arguments just vanish. Because it stops being arguments to just talk bad and have no sense, since the only objective is to destroy the company from it's core.

    Wake up! You're no god to be disrespectful to blizzard the way you are. Decontaminate, purge all that anger you have inside yourself. Come up yourself with concepts, structures, detailed explanations and try it best yourself and in the end you'll see you probably you have the same issues as blizzard and give them more value. They want money, ye and so what? So do you. Do you work for what? Because you don't need money? You don't have taxes either? That's even the reason why you don't like to give them money to their game when it doesn't reach the state you want to reach because you need it for in real life bills and taxes and not waste in something you can't enjoy. Marketing and merchandising will always be part of the present days now more than ever and there's nothing you can do about it but to accept, that's the system we have in the whole world. Having passion in what they do and pleasing everyone it's not a simple thing to do as some people paint it to be. As you do all like different things, maybe so does the team. New workers maybe don't even have much experience but if the company don't take anyone then you'll have the company destroyed forever. Is this what you want? In all honesty? Talk about the issues, do what you please, but DO NOT tell blizzard who they need to fire, that's between the company and the company itself. This much negativity surrounding everything blizzard do ends up being the reason why we can't appreciate anything they do at some point because "we" are so used to criticize "them" that will instantly be disqualified everything they do.

    They failed on expansions? They failed on content? Comment about it, say you're not enjoying it but to the point you start criticizing Ion in the most horrible way possible, saying they are terrible, you even put down the positive spirit he might have, even if it's a little, and the more you complain and say the company sucks, the less effort they decide to have because "no one is happy with anything we do". With this kind of pressure there's only 2 options you might see:
    1. They get so tired of being criticized and stop trying and you'll see everyday more lazy design, content, etc or
    2. They will actually try and get better

    But the 2nd one is so hard to keep up when you feel you let down a whole community and you don't know how to get out of that hole.
    Please, have more conscious to what you say and think before you speak/type. When i say "you" i mean in general cause i really don't know how to talk in particular when it's a big part of a community, if you feel you're not part of this, don't take it personally.
    there is negativity everywhere! that hasn't changed. game quality is still crap. kinda of a coincidence that the house of cards fell when chris metzen left the company. now so nothing else has changed. people are still assholes to each other in wow so. what do you propose to do about these problems.?
    Last edited by Thieves cant; 2019-05-04 at 12:12 AM.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Negativity on these forums =/= negativity everywhere.
    Sorry, but MMO-C is not exactly representatives of a majority. Even for online communities, it's small when compared to other social media.

    And "most of us"? Way to exclude anyone still enjoying their games just fine. Even WoD had people enjoy it, with Legion being delivered afterwards as a nice, rounded middle finger to the crowd screeching about maintenance mode or whatnot.

    The self-appointed critics don't tend to be as level-headed and objective as they like to pretend when they feel anger at the idea of people enjoying something they don't.
    Take a look around literally anywhere and you are going to see tons of negative talk about WoW and Blizzard as a whole right now. Also, the "anyone still enjoying the game just fine" is at an all time low, so yes, most of us.

  12. #52
    The Unstoppable Force Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In the #1, Azeroth!
    Posts
    24,172
    Quote Originally Posted by TwitchPrime View Post
    Here we can see the average white knigh in his natural habitat, with an IQ of 10.




    This here.
    And here we have the aforementioned circle-jerk.

    "People are being excessively negative in direct response to the overwhelming levels of white-knighting and ignoring of normal levels of criticism"... LOL! That's a fine way of saying "my opinion matters more than that of people feeling differently, why won't they listen?? I'm so angry now!!!".

    Was never a time in all my years on MMO-C that the general consensus was positive in regards to WoW and people didn't use toxic language to make everyone take them seriously, getting angry if people dared disagree.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    Take a look around literally anywhere and you are going to see tons of negative talk about WoW and Blizzard as a whole right now. Also, the "anyone still enjoying the game just fine" is at an all time low, so yes, most of us.
    Citation needed.

    And as said before, and I don't suffer from selective memory unlike some, there was always "tons" of negative talk about WoW and Blizzard. Must be a year starting with 20.
    Every expansion has people seemingly "see the light", and they then act as if they're preaching the gospel for all to follow. Probably not a unique thing for this product and this company.

    The game was never perfect, it always deserved praise and criticism, sometimes in equal or more measure of either and always with a hefty dose of subjectivity depending on whom one asked.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2019-05-04 at 12:15 AM.
    How very odd...
    It would seem that one simply can't make Classic sound good, without first attempting to make Retail sound bad.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    And here we have the aforementioned circle-jerk.

    "People are being excessively negative in direct response to the overwhelming levels of white-knighting and ignoring of normal levels of criticism"... LOL! That's a fine way of saying "my opinion matters more than that of people feeling differently, why won't they listen?? I'm so angry now!!!".

    Was never a time in all my years on MMO-C that the general consensus was positive in regards to WoW and people didn't use toxic language to make everyone take them seriously, getting angry if people dared disagree.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Citation needed.

    And as said before, and I don't suffer from selective memory unlike some, there was always "tons" of negative talk about WoW and Blizzard. Must be a year starting with 20.
    Every expansion has people seemingly "see the light", and they then act as if they're preaching the gospel for all to follow.
    Ok live in your box. It doesn't change the facts.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    People are being excessively negative in direct response to the overwhelming levels of white-knighting and ignoring of normal levels of criticism.

    Think about it for a second: Beta testers and PTR players spend months criticizing and explaining why a particular feature or mechanic are terrible, but it gets pushed through by the devs anyway. Then when the general playerbase gets ahold of it and starts experiencing the very thing that was warned about, they complain. And when they complain....white knights come out of the woodwork and talk down to people as though their opinion doesn't matter, and how blizzard is perfect.

    Gosh...now why would THAT cause people to get negative feelings about a game?
    This needs to be stickied to the top

    /thread

  15. #55
    The Unstoppable Force Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In the #1, Azeroth!
    Posts
    24,172
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    Ok live in your box. It doesn't change the facts.
    If they're facts, I'm sure you can provide the previously requested citation.
    No? How shocking.

    Funny how back when we knew the game to have 12 million players, there were still people pretending to be sitting on facts telling a different story that was more in line with how they felt.

    Excuse one for not placing much value in the words of randoms pretending to have access to data they don't have. It's just more of the same hyperbole-speak.
    How very odd...
    It would seem that one simply can't make Classic sound good, without first attempting to make Retail sound bad.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by TwitchPrime View Post
    Here we can see...
    How old are you ? And did you fail in life xd ?

    Why all of you are trying to tell other ppl that the game sucks ? If someone is enjoying it, why are you trying to force em not to like it ? Whats your reason ? Its like asking flat earthers “Whos behind it and whats their purpose ? And whos paying for it and why ?”

    I unsubbed many times, didnt play legion at all bcuz of stupid random drop legendaries and ap farm, im back after 2y break and im enjoying it, doing alliance side of campaign atm and having fun. Why are you trying to tell me that game isnt fun for me ? Or there is no content in it ?

  17. #57
    "BUT ITS ONLY THE FIRST PATCH" "BUT I AM JUST BEING NICE TO THE ART AND MUSIC TEAM" jesus fucking christ I would tell you to stay away from any forums because you are not contributing to any discussion by saying things like this.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by TwitchPrime View Post
    Here we can see the average white knight in his natural habitat, with an IQ of 10.
    How is that post considered to be white knighting?

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    Ok live in your box. It doesn't change the facts.
    If people wanna enjoy the game then fair play imo.

    But it gets to the point these days where people will flat out deny any issues with games. Anthem as a prime example people were flat out denying the issues with it and it was only when more info came out about what was going on within Bioware did they suddenly pipe down.

  20. #60
    What I find a bit amusing how every time Blizzard makes an overhaul to the leveling system, a lot of people cheer and say its a great change and the youtube content creators chime in saying they have fixed leveling....and then 6 months later everyone says leveling sucks again and are lost as to how to fix it.

    Pro tip: You have 2 camps of people - those that like leveling and those that don't. Blizzard keeps breaking leveling more and ruining the fun with awful nerfs and cheats to try to placate those that hate leveling. These types cheer the changes. But no matter how much they nerf it, those people will NEVER like leveling. So every time they apply a "fix" to leveling, they piss off the people who actually LIKE to level AND the people who hate leveling still hate it. So with every fix, they circle the drain that much harder.

    Its a lot like when the producers behind Battlestar Galactica ran the numbers and realized the new show from 2004 had a mostly male audience. So the "fix" was to create a show called "Caprica" to appeal to women with less robots, less sci-fi, and more soap opera drama. Result: Male viewers tuned out, female viewers failed to show up, they upset everyone across the board and it was cancelled after 1 season.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2019-05-04 at 12:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I want the ruins of K'aresh for 9.0 as I envision it as Netherstorm on steroids. A broken, shattered world. Eco-domes are stuck on various chunks to protect flora & fauna. I imagine a K'aresh ocean & maybe some islands contained in an eco dome or a snow-capped peak with some jungle valleys in another. Flesh version of Ethereals that never got altered. Space platforms as in Starcraft. Just a totally fantastic tileset & theme that I'd be very keen to explore. They could do some wild things.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •