Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Let them be negative, it entertains me almost as much as the placid lemmings who delude themselves into believing that Activision-Blizzard isn't one of the worst (if not, THE worst) in the gaming industry and that WoW isn't trash because it contains their only social circle.

I just can't fathom being THIS emotionally invested in a cynically manufactured product made by a company that couldn't care less about whether or not their fanbase likes the game as long as the whales keep suckling at the MTX teat.

Meanwhile, I'll be enjoying my time in FF14, the actual champion of MMOs at the moment.
    Last edited by Freaking Frumpy Frak; 2019-05-04 at 03:30 AM.

Not unique to WoW or video games.

WoW just happens to be the top dog MMO for a long time now, which makes it more noticeable and an easier target. Truly terrible games get people angry on forums for a month or two, die off, and then no one talks about them anymore other than the occasional meme worthy one. Since WoW isn't stopping in the foreseeable future, people being negative about WoW aren't going anywhere either.

Constructive criticism is fine and, honestly, most of what I see on various WoW sites is just that, whether I agree with all of it or not. It's just that the nonconstructive people that are actually just whining to whine or push an agenda are usually the ones posting most frequently and being obnoxious, so they're bound to stick out in your memory.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Except that it's not just people screaming insults at Blizzard demanding change. That's a blatantly false generalization. Evem today there are still plenty of people being polite and reasonable when criticizing Blizzard. The aforementioned beta testers and PTR players, who btw are 10x more dedicated to the game than 99% of forums posters, much less normal players.

But when bad parts of the design get past those testers and their politely well-written criticisms and suggestions, ot gets into the less tolerant and more volatile main playerbase. And when THOSE players find out the "pro gamers" have been warning Blizzard about it for weeks or months.....naturally there's going ro be a WTF moment.

This isnt helped at all with Blizzard's responses to the player outcry. Dismissive and arrogant CMs, rude and insulting tweets from Lore insinuating that players are stupid or whiney, etc. Throw on top of THAT toxic white-knights who go into full insult and personal attack mode against anyone who doesn't like how things are...

As I said: The result is a predictable escalation in anger and resentment, both towards Blizzard and those who defend them.

Im not saying I entirely agree with the responses that generates, but I do absolutely understand why it's happening.
    I know that and i know there are still plenty people that is polite and i have no problem with those. I don't know how many times i need to repeat that what is a blood boil is when they just say for blizzard to die, that blizzard is shit and don't say anything in regards of to why, for the purest complain motive. I'm not a white knight and who tf even created that term, i don't need to be labeled as a whole like i'm part of some ritual of the white knights and i sacrifice people's opinions to satan-blizzard. No one payed me and this comes from my purest, tired and mood changes everytime i come across this forums, i can't simply enjoy having a healthy debate that i see a "dark knight", if we are gonna label as white and black/dark, saying that the game is doomed and stopping the ones that are having a brainstorm about what it's wrong exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    Yes it's horrible. But this forum is the pinnacle of a whiny forum minority. Most people just play and enjoy the game and prbly never made single forum post in their wow "career".

If you are really in a mood to get pissed an to get filled with negativity just come on mmo champion. They never fail to deliver the "wow was better X months ago" attitude since 15 years. Ah yeah and ofc currently is ALWAYS the worst point in wow history. ZzZZzZ
    But it kind of is. BC was great, WotLK was great, until the end with forever ICC and that mini raid i forget the name of, but it's definitely been a downhill ride since. Not without perks and great content in there of course, but it will never be what it was ( a big part due to the newness of it all TBH, not that the game itself was necessarily better)

Quote Originally Posted by Freaking Frumpy Frak View Post
    I just can't fathom being THIS emotionally invested in a cynically manufactured product made by a company that couldn't care less about whether or not their fanbase likes the game as long as the whales keep suckling at the MTX teat.

Meanwhile, I'll be enjoying my time in FF14, the actual champion of MMOs at the moment.
    Did you ever visit Mogstation?
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

15+ Year Old Account
    The game isnt in a very good state right now. I hit neck 50 a month ago and Ive just been raid logging since.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    The game isnt in a very good state right now. I hit neck 50 a month ago and Ive just been raid logging since.
    Keys keep the game fresh for me, but i would agree that for those who don't care about other activities in the game, there isn't much to do. At least Legion and BFA gave us different means of endgame content.

Wow devs ignoring beta feedback is one key issue that players have raised. The devs brought this on themselves by not listening and pushing a product live. Same goes with the narrative team for going ahead with darkshore. Then we get a podcast with Danuser and Gregory talking among themselves. Ignoring/avoiding answering any questions that were raised by the players. The recent report in players dropping shows that the devs idealogy for the path of the game is wrong. So a blizz fanboy doesn't really have much ground to stand on after seeing the recent numbers drop. Might as well expect Ion to announce another useless podcast here soon. Then we gotta see Lores faces again... Right now I'd be happy if they fired Danuser and Alex. Demote Ion allowing someone else to take the reins.

Honestly sometimes just seem people have some kind of tourette syndrome saying "dead, dead, dead". I can be on my best day, as soon as i put my "feet" in these forums i just immediately see my mood changing slowly and just wanting to close my tab from the browser. If it's like this for me i can't begin to imagine how it is for them. Personally, i couldn't take it. I would just ignore, part of being human is either you let it get to you or don't. In the end of the day we are all humans and we go against our own species, humanity might be the worse thing, even animals have more conscious and are more sweet, even following their instincts to survive. They want something, they go for it, dogs for example, they look at you and make those sweet eyes as if they say "please give me affection and food". Humans walk on the street and look from above to below and start judging. The ends justify the means dilemma. This philosophy is what we have here, "doesn't matter how we do to get what we want as long as we get it". But some don't even care about having it, some, just want to join to the drama and comes to an end that you will say "wait why are we complaining again?" it's like you start a argue with your boyfriend or girlfriend that is so mediocre, but then you start getting focused in bashing and win the argument until the minute you don't remember anymore what was the motive for it, you just want to win the conversation. I'm more than done with what i have to say here. I will probably comment sometimes because i don't like to be someone that just throws a bomb and goes away but i feel all i had to say is already there. Take it as you please. Just think about it. And again, i'm not attacking everyone, i get overwhelmed and there's a limit line that people cross way too often. And that line is respect. Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    Being positive for the sake of positivity is not something I am willing to engage into. WoW is beyond redemption for me, hence I unsubbed since 2017. Leaving the game made me much happier and positive, instead of waiting YEARS for Blizzard to "fix it" to resemble Vanilla and Burning Crusade.
    And then you spoil it for both yourself and us by coming onto these forums and throwing around poison. If you've quit the game, then fucking quit the game. Lurking around on these forums sniping at it at every opportunity feels way too much like the jealous ex stalking his ex on social media trying to slander their name in revenge.

You brag about how you haven't played in over two years, but you come on here to soak in and participate in your little negativity echo chamber. Very sad.
    Last edited by cparle87; 2019-05-04 at 05:00 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think players have the right to be critical, and critical in a very negative and combative manner. Players expressed concerns during testing. But developers did not seem to acknowledge that feedback well.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    The community tried the constructive criticism approach during alpha and beta, look where that got us... Absolutely nowhere.
    There is a community here?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Canield View Post
    I think players have the right to be critical, and critical in a very negative and combative manner. Players expressed concerns during testing. But developers did not seem to acknowledge that feedback well.
    What feedback? Few people gave their opinion during beta and it is somehow valid?

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Yep, it's called customer feedback. I know you may not be used to the idea, but don't worry, Blizzard isn't either.
    Yeah, just like "Hey blizz, I like this" is also customer feedback. I know you may not be used to the idea of people liking stuff you don't, but don't worry, other customer's aren't either.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    Blizzard has gone to shit. They are ruining games that were once great and made most of us fans of them. That's why there is negativity everywhere.
    One-sided argument. Ever tried to put yourself in someone elses shoes?

3+ Year Old Account
    No. WoW sucks. Every part of it sucks. And we will stay here and remind you of it because in case something happens and wow becomes good again we want to be among the first to know it. Deal with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah okay i can be troll, dosen't matter to me. At least i don't ruin the game by stupid decisions like GCD for example, or poor storyline. And i'm not saying BfA storyline whole is bad, it just got mostly like. "Hurr durr! Planet is dying, and both factions went to war using planet lifeblood! HURR DURR!"

Seriously Magni complaing about what is going on is really poor.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You don't need to be an ass about it, though. That's just a good way of getting your critique ignored.
    They ignore it anyway, so might as well lash out at the cunts.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    First off: What part of my post came across as angry?

Second: Do you really not see that you're doing exactly what I described? I made a point describing a problem(perceived or real), and you immediately dismissed it with a strawman argument meant to make my point of view look petty. What kind of response would that normally create from the average poster? A negative one.

Thank you for perfectly proving my point.
    Hey sircowdog calling people out for strawman, once again. How about you actually discuss the post instead of calling out some bs "strawman"?

Anyone's opinion is as just as good as yours. I know you don't like it, but feel free to discuss with people after you come down of the pedestal of yours.

The problem you and other people have is that you can't fathom that people like the game for what it is. A game they enjoy. You are trying to put them down and say their opinion doesn't matter. Because if someone is positive to the game, they are white-knighting, when it's just someone that enjoys the game.

You saying other's posters are trying to make your view look petty? Try to think about that for more than 5 seconds, and see you do exactly the same.

You don't need anyone to prove your point. You do that perfectly yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Annka View Post
    Honestly sometimes just seem people have some kind of tourette syndrome saying "dead, dead, dead". I can be on my best day, as soon as i put my "feet" in these forums i just immediately see my mood changing slowly and just wanting to close my tab from the browser. If it's like this for me i can't begin to imagine how it is for them. Personally, i couldn't take it. I would just ignore, part of being human is either you let it get to you or don't. In the end of the day we are all humans and we go against our own species, humanity might be the worse thing, even animals have more conscious and are more sweet, even following their instincts to survive. They want something, they go for it, dogs for example, they look at you and make those sweet eyes as if they say "please give me affection and food". Humans walk on the street and look from above to below and start judging. The ends justify the means dilemma. This philosophy is what we have here, "doesn't matter how we do to get what we want as long as we get it". But some don't even care about having it, some, just want to join to the drama and comes to an end that you will say "wait why are we complaining again?" it's like you start a argue with your boyfriend or girlfriend that is so mediocre, but then you start getting focused in bashing and win the argument until the minute you don't remember anymore what was the motive for it, you just want to win the conversation. I'm more than done with what i have to say here. I will probably comment sometimes because i don't like to be someone that just throws a bomb and goes away but i feel all i had to say is already there. Take it as you please. Just think about it. And again, i'm not attacking everyone, i get overwhelmed and there's a limit line that people cross way too often. And that line is respect. Peace.
    It's mostly the same people repeating the same shit over and over.

Block them (their posts won't show up) and the forums become 80% less negative. Maybe not exactly less negative, but totally less bullshit, because a lot of these people are either baiting or don't understand the game for what it is or what it's trying to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    It's mostly the same people repeating the same shit over and over.

Block them (their posts won't show up) and the forums become 80% less negative. Maybe not exactly less negative, but totally less bullshit, because a lot of these people are either baiting or don't understand the game for what it is or what it's trying to be.
    If you have to block so many people just to have your echo chamber, maybe you are the problem.