Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Parents Treating Kid's Cancer with Homeopathy.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-48220571

THis is some of the more infuriating stupidity I have come across all year and a reminder to all of us not to believe everything we read on the internet.

Speaking to reporters after the ruling, Ms Bland-Ball, 22, said they will be moving forward with homeopathic remedies such as oxygen therapy, an alkaline diet, cannabis therapy and herbs.
    If your kid has cancer and you try homeopathy but refuse proven treatments, should you really be allowed to be a parent?

The only time it would be appropriate to refuse actual treatment is if you can't afford it.

The state is ordering them to continue chemotherapy... is the state paying? If they aren't, that seems fucked up.

This is why I believe that strong, law-backed child services are an absolute must.

Also, mandatory vaccination for those who are eligible for it. Use police force if need be in case the parents resist.
    But in places where liberty is over-valued, that will never happen.

well, at least the poor thing won't feel too much pain before the end, if they're using canabis.

but this shouldn't have to happen in the first place. whatever allows children to get cancer is an evil, sadistic, wretched being.

Just do them in combination with the chemo.

Cannabis will be very effective in treating the nausea the child gets from chemo treatments.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    well, at least the poor thing won't feel too much pain before the end, if they're using canabis.

but this shouldn't have to happen in the first place. whatever allows children to get cancer is an evil, sadistic, wretched being.
    There's no "being" behind it, it's just biology. We're learning more and more about cancer with every year, it's just a matter of time before we beat it.

Can parents even legally refuse medical treatment for their children? I have always been under the assumption that a child's health and immediate well-being override a parent's rights (as they should).

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    The only time it would be appropriate to refuse actual treatment is if you can't afford it.

The state is ordering them to continue chemotherapy... is the state paying? If they aren't, that seems fucked up.
    Don't tell me there are children dying in the US bc they're uninsured?

15+ Year Old Account
    Well if they cant afford it they cant. Like if i ever got cancer i would have to live with it.

If I could travel to their country, locate them, and punch them in the face, I would. People like them disgust me.

Where in the article did I mention homeopathy?
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    If I could travel to their country, locate them, and punch them in the face, I would. People like them disgust me.
    They'd probably shoot you.
    and they'd get away with it too.

This is why it should be illegal to introduce kids to cults before they're 18.

parents force religion, and moronic values on kids. Like forcing a baby to be a vegan. Parents are so utterly stupid.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Maybe the parents are on drugs...

Quote Originally Posted by Software View Post
    Don't tell me there are children dying in the US bc they're uninsured?
    People die everywhere because they don't have access to medical treatment. The US is one of those places.

Sad this happens to kids at all. Even sadder when people use a kids condition to platform their bias political or national thoughts with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good on the state of Florida to make certain the kid still gets real medical treatment.

Yes chemotherapy is expensive but its 90% 5 year survival rate is better than oxygen treatments and an alkaline diet.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    What kind of idiocy is this? The state is ordering them to save their child, who the hell cares about money there? You'd rather keep them trying to cure cancer with weed?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    What kind of idiocy is this? The state is ordering them to save their child, who the hell cares about money there? You'd rather keep them trying to cure cancer with weed?
    The state should not be able to order anyone to forcefully purchase anything, unless laws were broken.

The state should not be able to order anyone to forcefully purchase anything, unless laws were broken.
    And where does "killing your own child" fit in with the law?