Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Why do I need to? So me proof it isn't???
    You're the one making a positive claim... The burden of proof is on you. Jesus Christ...

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    What reaction? Sylvanas is already planning to conquer Stormwind before anything happens, up to and including how she would divide the spoils. Silithus is a casus belli at best, and a bad one at that considering nobody in-universe so much as even mentions the goblin miners that are purportedly worth fighting a world war over. Same with Stormheim which is mentioned once, by Sylv alone, and her would-be pragmatic justifications for the war are seen as a lot more important.
    Except what you're deliberately ignoring here is that Stormheim was maybe mentioned once, but it was mentioned to convince Saurfang and justify the war to him. And would you look at that, Sylvanas is planning to conquer Stormwind only after Stormheim has happened, while previously she was so interested in a war with the Alliance and conquering Stormheim she sat out almost the entirety of the previous faction war after she consolidated her power in 4.0. It's almost as if Sylvanas' entire modus operandi was a desire to live forever and removing all threats to that goal. With Alliance proving itself to be a threat with Stormheim. And if Sylvanas has a casus belli with Silithus, her war is a reaction by default, because that's the very point of such casus belli. Her just making plans prior to that is really immaterial.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    And having no reasonable proportions in war is a fucking retarded concept that can end up in situations where you bite off lots more than you can chew or escalate the situation beyond your means to control it. Which, funnily enough, is exactly what happened to the Horde who this time start getting their teeth in before the rebellion even begins. At least Garrosh made a good showing before going full NSDAP.
    Except Sylvanas dwarfed Garrosh's achievements at the very start of the war, with War of Thorns succeeding where Garrosh has failed for three years. Hell, most of actual "good showing" during the previous faction war was Sylvanas conquering multiple Alliance zones and beating Seventh Legion while Garrosh fucked around with Magnataurs, Molten Giants and whatnot with little to show for it. And if not for Jaina ex machina the entire Alliance army would be done for at Undercity. Given how the Alliance army breached into the city near the end of the fight and Sylvanas Blighted it, a ton of them still likely have perished in the end, with Jaina being too busy elsewhere to freeze the Blight again. And disproportionate response is pretty much how all major powers wage war. It's part of their military PR to dishearten other potential enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Something something... trolls... something something... feeding...
    Something something burden of proof being a thing.

I mean the reasonable proof that that quest is canon for the Alliance is conservation of detail. The Alliance learns the location of the Forsaken fleet which explains how they knew and could plan the attack on Stormheim; otherwise you'd need to assume they found in a different manner. I'd also mention that it makes more sense for the Alliance to be killing the Forsaken sailors there than for the Horde to be doing the same but the Horde is OK with killing its own so . . .
    Which is precisely why Genn says multiple times he has no clue at all what Sylvanas is after even after the attack at the start of Stormheim. Or makes no reference to the book when he's pondering about the topic while he's making the remarks about being clueless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

that the Alliance found out about this trip otherwise.
    alliance players pick-up a message from the remnants of a crashed and assaulted by gilbin and lobstermen forsaken shipcrew.
    this is delivered to the gilnean forces in dalaran, since azsuna is first chronologically in the order of zones i'd posit this is where genn and the alliance leadership learn of sylvanas' plan to deal with helya.

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    alliance players pick-up a message from the remnants of a crashed and assaulted by gilbin and lobstermen forsaken shipcrew.
    this is delivered to the gilnean forces in dalaran, since azsuna is first chronologically in the order of zones i'd posit this is where genn and the alliance leadership learn of sylvanas' plan to deal with helya.
    There is no canon chronological order to the Legion zones.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    There is no canon chronological order to the Legion zones.
    source: your ass.
    we very clearly engage azsuna first with the involvement of khadgar and the illidari, and engage suramar last.

source: your ass.
    we very clearly engage azsuna first with the involvement of khadgar and the illidari, and engage suramar last.
    Source: Blizzard scraping the zone order doing the beta and giving us the choice to start with any zone we want to instead.

Who cares who shot first. Next expansion we will all be friends when we take on the next thing that is rising to destroy the world while we fight PW7 (pointless war 7).

Sorry but I did that quest first on the Horde, therefore Alliance couldnt get it.

Btw it is easy to see what the canon chronological order is; Azsuna then go clockwise. Almost all the profession questlines follow that order.
    Profession questlines are canon now?

You know, there is a reason first three letters of "assumption" is A S S.

Source: Blizzard scraping the zone order doing the beta and giving us the choice to start with any zone we want to instead.
    right, so a gameplay decision is relevant to lore? how?
    yeah, i though so as irrelevant as every other gameplay change they've made since WoD.

next time you try "gameplay=lore" I'm just gonna laugh and make vivic's sword jokes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't Stormheim originally meant to canonically come first? The intention of zone order did change, but I still think its safe to say that it is the most fitting start point. I agree that Azsuna probably happened soon after.

More on topic: Yes, Alliance aggression confirmed. That doesn't mean that the Horde wasn't also aggressive, with the notable exception of Silithus where the goblin miners were minding their business until SI:7 showed up. So no, the Alliance are not lawful good or any of that nonsense.

Had Silithus not happened, would Sylvanas have still launched a full-on war? Absolutely. Conversely, had Genn not thwarted Sylv's activities in Stormheim, would Sylvanas have at all been inclined to go to war? Perhaps not.

I am presenting information from the game time and again and you are just ignoring it. Feel free to call what I do assumption when you have failed to present any evidence.

Also still waiting for you to explain how genocide is reasonable escalation to an attack on an enemy military target.
    But still, the Alliance does know that Sylvanas is sailing to stormheim but they don't know what she is up to. So unless setting sail is enough to attack someone I say that the Alliance is still the aggressor and still wrong here. Which is also the same thing Anduin says.

And between the attack in Stormheim and Sylvanas ordering to torch the tree a lot of stuff happens. Torching the tree was not the first option, you know?

Btw it is easy to see what the canon chronological order is; Azsuna then go clockwise. Almost all the profession questlines follow that order.
    What exactly are the ties between profession questlines and the rest of the quests that gives them any worth as the gauge of the chronology of events?

right, so a gameplay decision is relevant to lore? how?
    yeah, i though so as irrelevant as every other gameplay change they've made since WoD.

next time you try "gameplay=lore" I'm just gonna laugh and make vivic's sword jokes.
    If gameplay decisions like these are irrelevant to the lore, how do you know the lore order was the same as leveling order prior to the change in the first place? Oh, right, you don't know and you're just making shit up. Even that aside, you still have no actual argument to prove that the lore order is what it is. I wonder why.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Oh look, another "I'm desperate to paint Alliance as the villains" thread. Sorry, that's not what Blizz is writing whether anyone here likes it or not.
    So, what part of his statement was incorrect? Seems to me he has all the facts and the sequence of events correct.

I am presenting information from the game time and again and you are just ignoring it. Feel free to call what I do assumption when you have failed to present any evidence.

Also still waiting for you to explain how genocide is reasonable escalation to an attack on an enemy military target.
    that's all the children do, they act right and strut around like they've made a valid point.
    the game very clearly places azsuna as first in chronological order with the involvement of the forces already involved in the failed assault.
    the reason genn doesn't know whats going on in stormheim is that the edgy forsaken letter is as vague as sylvanas is incompetent and evil.

and still they ignore ashran, where the horde broke the peace treaty, AGAIN.
    without provocation, AGAIN.

True, the first option was to kill Malfurion and bring his severed head to Darnassus to subdue the population there, only to maintain them in a concentration camp so as to try to force the Alliance's hand by keeping an entire city of civilians hostage. Which was still an option for Sylvanas btw, it would just have been harder to do with Malfurion loose; he was only loose because she didn't make sure Saurfang would finish the job.
    But you agree that Genn doesn't know what is Sylvanas up to when he attacks her at the beginning of Stormheim?

Oh and killing a Leader is a valid miliatry target. Just like Genn tried in Stormheim.

Look at you using big word. At least use the right one, those were Night Elves. That was not genocide, it was pesticide.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    So, what part of his statement was incorrect?.
    the ASHRAN CAME FIRST part, you know in another timeline's past.
    >tfw blizzard gets shown up by avengers: endgame

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    But you agree that Genn doesn't know what is Sylvanas up to when he attacks her at the beginning of Stormheim?

Oh and killing a Leader is a valid miliatry target. Just like Genn tried in Stormheim.
    oh yeah, killing an enemy leader is a viable stratagy, and the horde began the war with ashran.
    just like they did in vanilla, wrath, and Mop.

also, since it seems that sylvanus might've ordered the wrathgate it makes both putress' "fur da forskin" speech and varimathras' death quote make sense as he was warn9ing us about sylvanas and putress was following orders.

that's all the children do, they act right and strut around like they've made a valid point.
    the game very clearly places azsuna as first in chronological order with the involvement of the forces already involved in the failed assault.
    the reason genn doesn't know whats going on in stormheim is that the edgy forsaken letter is as vague as sylvanas is incompetent and evil.
    Which is why you provide nothing of worth that'd indicate why it's so clear. Effectively contradicting this notion in the process.

and still they ignore ashran, where the horde broke the peace treaty, AGAIN.
    without provocation, AGAIN.
    Ashran is ignored because the factions ignored it. As shown in Legion. They cooperated at the start despite of it, painting a clear picture how the factions already buried that hatched since WoD. And what do you mean the Horde broke the peace treaty AGAIN without provocation AGAIN? The conflict before Ashran was started by Alliance.

oh yeah, killing an enemy leader is a viable stratagy, and the horde began the war with ashran.
    just like they did in vanilla, wrath, and Mop.
    So what? At the beginning of Legion there was a truce in place and a joint military operation. You don't do that with your enemies. And Legion happens after Ashran.

The conflict before Ashran was started by Alliance.
    lol, source? or are you just gonna try and pass a lie like that off?
    the game itself says horde began the war in ashran on both sides over the artifact that was eventually cut along with everything else in that expac.

also doesn't that assumption of forgiveness apply all the way back to wrath with the alliance again working with the horde as of the argent tourny yet you yourself have claimed that the horde were innocent of the fact they started the war in cata? you're a lying hypocrite and that's all you've ever been or ever will be.

go suck on vivic's silver and gold "spear".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    You don't do that with your enemies.
    actually, yes, that is what you do.
    or have you never read a single history book ever? actually that would explain alot about you.
    pro-tip: read greek history, cause the greek city-states would forge and break alliances on the turning of the hour.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-05-06 at 02:02 AM. Reason: Received Infraction