Thread: Gear

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I miss being able to modify most pieces of gear, but I don't think it should be solely an enchanting thing. It would be nice if different professions could each modify different pieces of gear, with a little overlap. Similar to how blacksmiths used to be able to add a socket to their bracers and gloves, but let them do it to anyone's gear instead of just their own.

They were nice at first but then it just became a massive chore over the years with so many professions being able to upgrade your gear, especially during MoP where we even had to upgrade the iLvl of items with currency.

What I don't like though is how useless JC gems have become since using a gem is solely based off getting lucky with gear procs to get a single socket. Would like to see something like always having a guaranteed socket on headpieces and returning meta gems to the game as some of those "enchants" did a few cool upgrades.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annka View Post
    Do you miss having enchants for basically every piece of gear? Only thing we can enchant is rings, gloves-with profession, weapons. Not even cloak anymore. Enchanting has less purpose, still has use but almost none and i used to have more to go to balance my stats. I don't know if you played the game when we had more than 1 or 2 sockets too, we have about 3 sockets that would a bonus after you socket the empty slots:

The nice legendaries:

I miss those things we could add to our gear and manage more out stats.

What was your favorite system for gear?
    Naw, but I do miss reforge..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Naw, but I do miss reforge..
    Tell me about it. Player choice and proper QoL is just not a thing anymore.
    Just your average Warlock player || Old logs because BFA blows

There was no choice anyway. Spending a fuckton of gold before being able to equip something sucked big time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I keep seeing people say that they now get gear and can immediately wear it and I wonder what I am doing wrong. Because the majority of the time when I get gear it is quite unclear if it is an upgrade or not and I need to do some simulation to know what I should do. And that's not even mentioning Azerite gear.
    This. If I got an iLvL upgrade in MoP or WoD i knew immediately. Good lord if you have to take a few minutes of your day to make some gold and slot in some gems/a reforge.

I keep seeing people say that they now get gear and can immediately wear it and I wonder what I am doing wrong. Because the majority of the time when I get gear it is quite unclear if it is an upgrade or not and I need to do some simulation to know what I should do. And that's not even mentioning Azerite gear.
    Yea... I miss old school gearing... Sure you had to wait til break or raid was over before you could get your gear together... But you always knew what you wanted to get, and how good of an upgrade each piece was because there was not silly shit like RNG sockets or Titanforging nonsense (thankfully that is either going to be gone or heavily changed)

I miss BiS lists.

And you didn't have all the stupid... this world trinket is better then anything in dungeons/raids if I can JUST get it to TF to X level!

Raids used to have a lot better trinkets back in the day....

I like the old way, stuff like enchanting everything, having to get rep for the best shoulder enchants, etc. since it felt more involved. You had to put more effort into getting every last bit of improvement for your toon.
    Last edited by Notfemmesbf; 2019-05-05 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronklez View Post
    This. If I got an iLvL upgrade in MoP or WoD i knew immediately. Good lord if you have to take a few minutes of your day to make some gold and slot in some gems/a reforge.
    Yep, i always simulate everytime i see it's an upgrade and don't wear it straight away. Maybe if it's a ring or a trinket i pass, but when it's other gear piece slots i tend to sim it, to know what's best, i now have a better idea of what to use, i have been my own simulation because i already know what kind of gear it's the best to use to balance my stats how they should be...(eheh.. perfectly balanced, as all things should be)

xD ANYWAY, i don't even have to reforge anything i know exactly what i want to use, but the most gratifying and satisfying part of getting gear is making something with that gear than just equip it. When you receive a item with a socket you get more excited than when you get a item with same level that the item with socket without the socket. Just, idk, feels more gratifying as i said.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Notfemmesbf View Post
    I like the old way, stuff like enchanting everything, having to get rep for the best shoulder enchants, etc. since it felt more involved. You had to put more effort into getting every last bit of improvement for your toon.
    Approved! you're like me, everything simplified, gives me a bit of a bored feeling. Nothing to gem, nothing to enchant, nothing to make maths to improve. Just boring. Too easy and simplified. I like to be involved in something, you get the gear than what, not even in the gear? That's so not pleasing to me. It's just some minutes but you feel you have done something and your character feels more epic now, every piece of gear you get, than just "oh it's and upgrade, no need enchant, but my Ilvl is higher, so i'm fine. Oh let me check if my stats are ok tho, ah they are ok, moving on..." then you sit at boralus hearing crickets.

I really wish they went back on this. Remove the RNG socket, TF/WF, keep the Speed/Avoidance RNG based but give us Spellthreads, Belt Buckles, rep locked Shoulder enchants and so on back. Hell, give every single profession something unique that only they can do - LW a special wrist enchant and so on.
    Limit those for, like, 2-3 equipped items, 5 changed items on character max.

I really, really do miss the feeling of having the best of the best in every single item slot. It gave a wonderful feeling of ''end for now''. That was the most you could do in that time and I did it. Dope, I knew I was the guy in the town.

I like it the old way. Sure it took time and made switching specs not a all gear nearly fits all model. But I liked the game being more than just spamming content.

You're playing too seriously.

The current game has exactly one crafting profession worth a damn: Alchemy. Everything else is so incredibly far behind, they might as well remove it completely.

It's a shame. A total shame. I vastly preferred the old system with a lot of permanent item enhancements spread across professions.

As for the argument "I would rather use the gear i find instead of wasting gold on it before i'm even able to use it!". No, just no. The prices for Azerite reforging are higher for an engaged player than enchantments ever were. And if you are not an engaged player you always had the option to simply not enchant/socket your gear. Which a lot of people did. And a lot of people do in current WoW also.

Removing almost all useful enchantments from professions did absolutely nothing good for the game at all. If you simply equip your gear now in current wow without doing any research and then investing gold to change enchants/traits of other slots....you will lose character power. Just like back when professions were useful and you opted to simply not enchant your gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    You're playing too seriously.
    Yeah, guess the game should be so 1 dimensional a baby could figure it out. Sounds like a ton of fun. Equip and ignore would be ideal if it wasn't for the player choice part missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    The current game has exactly one crafting profession worth a damn: Alchemy. Everything else is so incredibly far behind, they might as well remove it completely.

It's a shame. A total shame. I vastly preferred the old system with a lot of permanent item enhancements spread across professions.

As for the argument "I would rather use the gear i find instead of wasting gold on it before i'm even able to use it!". No, just no. The prices for Azerite reforging are higher for an engaged player than enchantments ever were. And if you are not an engaged player you always had the option to simply not enchant/socket your gear. Which a lot of people did. And a lot of people do in current WoW also.

Removing almost all useful enchantments from professions did absolutely nothing good for the game at all. If you simply equip your gear now in current wow without doing any research and then investing gold to change enchants/traits of other slots....you will lose character power. Just like back when professions were useful and you opted to simply not enchant your gear.
    Just like most enchants and gems, casuals complained it was a near requirement for certain proffs to get into a raid guild.

Nearly all of the terrible changes are because of casuals. Instead of just staying on fucking Skyrim where they belong, they had to come to WoW.

No, they dont want you to receive loot and be able to make it "perfect". They want you to run the content again and try to get the same item again, but with a different procc. They dont want you to upgrade your item, they want you to say "its good, but it didnt WF/TF, oh well, queue up again and have another go at the slot machine"

By giving players control over gear, they lose the control themselves. Apparently that was fine in the past, but not anymore.