Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
... LastLast
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    About the last thing no, just read what buzzfeed and other left wing say for example about mixed race relationship, hint they say its wrong. Because left now is racists, I dont like it, Im swedish and used to call myself socialist. (And yes I still am, just not intersectional).
    I haven't encountered a single person who is leftwing say interracial relationships are wrong. Not evrn rightwing. Far right on the other hand...

  2. #122
    Merely a Setback Connal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    29,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Before it was fine, when liberals pushed liberation. Or even a few years ago when socialists pushed for low class to have it better, but now with intersectionalism its really horrible, its like racism and sexism is what we should focus on and work for but against asians/white and male.
    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets." - Matthew 7:12

    If a man wants to be dominated, (by law, or God), they will dominate others... If a man wants to be liberated, they will treat others in kind.

    So to your observation, what is the thread that runs through the current "left"? (and the right, though more in the past.)
    Vocatus atque non vocatus, deus aderit.

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Literally all "intersectionality" is, as a concept, is the idea that one individual might face discrimination for multiple different facets, and those facets don't exist in a vacuum separate from all other facets.

    That's the whole thing. That a black woman might face prejudice because she's black and because she's a woman, and that "black women" have some particular racist and sexist tropes unique to that combination. That's all intersectionality is.
    Intersectionalism now is a ranking system, a victimsystem, you might not agree but thats how many people see it. Words change meaning.

  4. #124
    Anung un Rama Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    58,206
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    About the last thing no, just read what buzzfeed and other left wing say for example about mixed race relationship, hint they say its wrong. Because left now is racists, I dont like it, Im swedish and used to call myself socialist. (And yes I still am, just not intersectional).
    Citation fucking needed.

    Bear in mind I'm gonna hold you to a citation that establishes that this is a view held by the majority of left-wing people, not just whatever particular editorial writer you decide to take out of context.

  5. #125
    Merely a Setback Connal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    29,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaderas View Post
    So you're saying you like to watch. Hmm.....
    Yes... also in that pervy way you mean... all actions are beautiful to someone...
    Vocatus atque non vocatus, deus aderit.

  6. #126
    Anung un Rama Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    58,206
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Intersectionalism now is a ranking system, a victimsystem, you might not agree but thats how many people see it. Words change meaning.
    No. It isn't. That's not what the word means. This is a manufactured bit of nonsense people on the right made up. It has no connection to reality whatsoever.

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by Girighet View Post
    I haven't encountered a single person who is leftwing say interracial relationships are wrong. Not evrn rightwing. Far right on the other hand...
    Well, read new york times and google a little and you will see the racist bullshit they type

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Well, read new york times and google a little and you will see the racist bullshit they type
    Why should I care what some random people say? They represent nobody but themselves. They don't represent leftwing ideas.

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Citation fucking needed.

    Bear in mind I'm gonna hold you to a citation that establishes that this is a view held by the majority of left-wing people, not just whatever particular editorial writer you decide to take out of context.
    Did I say majority? No, did i say buzzfeed yes and i can add new york times. But will i get you the links no you can google like everyone else

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    No. It isn't. That's not what the word means. This is a manufactured bit of nonsense people on the right made up. It has no connection to reality whatsoever.
    Ok what do you call the new ranking system of "check your privilege". If its not intersectionalism whats the word for it?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Girighet View Post
    Why should I care what some random people say? They represent nobody but themselves. They don't represent leftwing ideas.
    True, apart from that they are the mainstream media. They will make others not liking mixed couple asians/whites/males

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets." - Matthew 7:12

    If a man wants to be dominated, (by law, or God), they will dominate others... If a man wants to be liberated, they will treat others in kind.

    So to your observation, what is the thread that runs through the current "left"? (and the right, though more in the past.)
    The simple truths tend to ring the most true and are most commonly ignored.

    It does give me an idea for a thread touching on the topic but I don't quite have time to construct it properly at the moment.

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Did I say majority? No, did i say buzzfeed yes and i can add new york times. But will i get you the links no you can google like everyone else

    - - - Updated - - -



    Ok what do you call the new ranking system of "check your privilege". If its not intersectionalism whats the word for it?

    - - - Updated - - -



    True, apart from that they are the mainstream media. They will make others not liking mixed couple asians/whites/males
    Like I said, I've yet to encounter anyone that's not far right who have problems with interracial relationships

  12. #132
    Anung un Rama Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    58,206
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Did I say majority? No, did i say buzzfeed yes and i can add new york times. But will i get you the links no you can google like everyone else
    If you're claiming it's to do with "the left wing", you're claiming a majority.

    Regardless, you're still bullshitting. A cursory search turns up stuff like this;
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/03/o...g-america.html

    And nothing from either site that could be misconstrued the way you're trying to.

    Ok what do you call the new ranking system of "check your privilege". If its not intersectionalism whats the word for it?
    1> Not intersectionalism. The concept of privilege is entirely unrelated, other than that both deal with issues of prejudice and discrimination, from different directions.

    2> Not a ranking system, in any way whatsoever.

    Look, I know it's easier to make shit up than to make an effort to understand where people are coming from, but making shit up isn't a valid basis for arguing from.
    Last edited by Endus; 2019-05-06 at 04:10 PM.

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    It isn't just one side. Both sides play to their base. Both sides engage in behavior designed to shut down actual intellectual discussion. In some cases, it is shouting people down. In other cases, it is lying. In the best case, it's intentional misrepresentation.
    Sorry, but this is false equivalence. One side does this constantly, and the other side does it rarely...that does not make them the same.

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If you're claiming it's to do with "the left wing", you're claiming a majority.

    Regardless, you're still bullshitting.



    1> Not intersectionalism. The concept of privilege is entirely unrelated.

    2> Not a ranking system, to begin with.

    Look, I know it's easier to make shit up than to make an effort to understand where people are coming from, but making shit up isn't a valid basis for arguing from.
    Ok, the insane part of the left wing that are pushing for segregation and racism that the general left wing dont condem enough.

  15. #135
    Anung un Rama Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    58,206
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Ok, the insane part of the left wing that are pushing for segregation and racism that the general left wing dont condem enough.
    You still haven't even backed that assertion up.

    And I'm really not interested in your overactive imagination.

  16. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by Girighet View Post
    Like I said, I've yet to encounter anyone that's not far right who have problems with interracial relationships
    Then you havent read enough online. In person I agree, when me and my pregnant filippina wife walks around noone confront us about it.

  17. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Then you havent read enough online. In person I agree, when me and my pregnant filippina wife walks around noone confront us about it.
    Why should I care what some random person online says? They don't represent leftwing ideas.

  18. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You still haven't even backed that assertion up.

    And I'm really not interested in your overactive imagination.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/29/s...hes-white.html

    I didnt find the article i first read, but only looked for a minute

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by Girighet View Post
    Why should I care what some random person online says? They don't represent leftwing ideas.
    True, I hope people you know are true left wing. One of my former friends called me alt right just because Im against massimmigration. Being for a good welfare system is being against massimmigration and being left... And being alt right is not something you really can be and want to live with your filippina wife. So I know he is confused and really not a good friend.

  20. #140
    Anung un Rama Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    58,206
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/29/s...hes-white.html

    I didnt find the article i first read, but only looked for a minute
    Congrats on not even reading the article, because it completely contradicts your point. The entire piece is just about that one guy and his own internal monologue/prejudices/issues, not some screed about society.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •