Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
... LastLast
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets." - Matthew 7:12

    If a man wants to be dominated, (by law, or God), they will dominate others... If a man wants to be liberated, they will treat others in kind.

    So to your observation, what is the thread that runs through the current "left"? (and the right, though more in the past.)
    The simple truths tend to ring the most true and are most commonly ignored.

    It does give me an idea for a thread touching on the topic but I don't quite have time to construct it properly at the moment.

  2. #122
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    60,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Did I say majority? No, did i say buzzfeed yes and i can add new york times. But will i get you the links no you can google like everyone else
    If you're claiming it's to do with "the left wing", you're claiming a majority.

    Regardless, you're still bullshitting. A cursory search turns up stuff like this;
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/03/o...g-america.html

    And nothing from either site that could be misconstrued the way you're trying to.

    Ok what do you call the new ranking system of "check your privilege". If its not intersectionalism whats the word for it?
    1> Not intersectionalism. The concept of privilege is entirely unrelated, other than that both deal with issues of prejudice and discrimination, from different directions.

    2> Not a ranking system, in any way whatsoever.

    Look, I know it's easier to make shit up than to make an effort to understand where people are coming from, but making shit up isn't a valid basis for arguing from.
    Last edited by Endus; 2019-05-06 at 04:10 PM.

  3. #123
    Stealthed Defender unbound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Posts
    5,900
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    It isn't just one side. Both sides play to their base. Both sides engage in behavior designed to shut down actual intellectual discussion. In some cases, it is shouting people down. In other cases, it is lying. In the best case, it's intentional misrepresentation.
    Sorry, but this is false equivalence. One side does this constantly, and the other side does it rarely...that does not make them the same.

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If you're claiming it's to do with "the left wing", you're claiming a majority.

    Regardless, you're still bullshitting.



    1> Not intersectionalism. The concept of privilege is entirely unrelated.

    2> Not a ranking system, to begin with.

    Look, I know it's easier to make shit up than to make an effort to understand where people are coming from, but making shit up isn't a valid basis for arguing from.
    Ok, the insane part of the left wing that are pushing for segregation and racism that the general left wing dont condem enough.

  5. #125
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    60,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Ok, the insane part of the left wing that are pushing for segregation and racism that the general left wing dont condem enough.
    You still haven't even backed that assertion up.

    And I'm really not interested in your overactive imagination.

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by Girighet View Post
    Like I said, I've yet to encounter anyone that's not far right who have problems with interracial relationships
    Then you havent read enough online. In person I agree, when me and my pregnant filippina wife walks around noone confront us about it.

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You still haven't even backed that assertion up.

    And I'm really not interested in your overactive imagination.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/29/s...hes-white.html

    I didnt find the article i first read, but only looked for a minute

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by Girighet View Post
    Why should I care what some random person online says? They don't represent leftwing ideas.
    True, I hope people you know are true left wing. One of my former friends called me alt right just because Im against massimmigration. Being for a good welfare system is being against massimmigration and being left... And being alt right is not something you really can be and want to live with your filippina wife. So I know he is confused and really not a good friend.

  9. #129
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    60,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/29/s...hes-white.html

    I didnt find the article i first read, but only looked for a minute
    Congrats on not even reading the article, because it completely contradicts your point. The entire piece is just about that one guy and his own internal monologue/prejudices/issues, not some screed about society.

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Their answer for this problem was interesting... create a better NPC(AI called Project Debater) to argue with a human... Endus Bot, here we come!
    and who is going to set the agenda for the debate? Clearly "AI Facts Bot" by itself has no agenda by default... whoever hosts the debate wins anyway and if you have some sort of access or influence over most popular platforms you can use these to your own benefit besides future wealth extraction, point is set agenda by the platform wins not liars, bullies and trolls the article refers to.

    Also, how do you define facts? If some reputable historian writes a book about the Vietnam War based on partial facts while the whole story is locked in the vault somewhere underground in "top secret" section by our government, what is the fact anyway? Point is what is fact today could be technically impartial information or a lie tomorrow. How is the bot going to counter that?

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Congrats on not even reading the article, because it completely contradicts your point. The entire piece is just about that one guy and his own internal monologue/prejudices/issues, not some screed about society.
    So you think new york times you post that about, I broke up with my black girlfriend because she is black. And make is as neutral as this one? There is your racism against whites, its ok to not like white people.

  12. #132
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    60,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    So you think new your times you post that about, I broke up with my black girlfriend because she is black. And make is as neutral as this one? There is your racism against whites, its ok to not like white people.
    You realize that you literally had to make something up, that you admitted doesn't actually exist, and then you pointed at what you made up, and said "there is your racism against whites"?

    You're admitting you're making that racism up, here. Kudos for that.

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by Girighet View Post
    "Mass immigration"?
    So whats your word for it? 10 years ago when I was on a bus 90% was white and now its less then 40% in my area.

  14. #134
    Merely a Setback Connal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    29,240
    Quote Originally Posted by Tic Tacs View Post
    and who is going to set the agenda for the debate? Clearly "AI Facts Bot" by itself has no agenda by default... whoever hosts the debate wins anyway and if you have some sort of access or influence over most popular platforms you can use these to your own benefit besides future wealth extraction, point is set agenda by the platform wins not liars, bullies and trolls the article refers to.

    Also, how do you define facts? If some reputable historian writes a book about the Vietnam War based on partial facts while the whole story is locked in the vault somewhere underground in "top secret" section by our government, what is the fact anyway? Point is what is fact today could be technically impartial information or a lie tomorrow. How is the bot going to counter that?
    I define facts as anything seen as “true” in this current place and time.
    Vocatus atque non vocatus, deus aderit.

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You realize that you literally had to make something up, that you admitted doesn't actually exist, and then you pointed at what you made up, and said "there is your racism against whites"?

    You're admitting you're making that racism up, here. Kudos for that.
    Because they would never post it even if it was real. You dont understand what i mean, so never mind.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Girighet View Post
    I can see why he would call you altright.
    Yes, he said why do you say things like that even if its true. That you say it make you alt right and i tell him, facts arent racist they are facts

  16. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I define facts as anything seen as “true” in this current place and time.
    Well, if someone knows more than you because the information isn't publicly available, does that make one a liar today, don't you think so?

  17. #137
    Merely a Setback Connal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    29,240
    Quote Originally Posted by Tic Tacs View Post
    Well, if someone knows more than you because the information isn't publicly available, does that make one a liar today, don't you think so?
    Some would see it that way, yes.
    Vocatus atque non vocatus, deus aderit.

  18. #138
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    60,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Because they would never post it even if it was real. You dont understand what i mean, so never mind.
    And now you're admitting that not only do you not have any evidence to back up your nonsense, but that you think that even if your nonsense were true, there would never be evidence.

    You're completely divorced from reality on this.

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by Girighet View Post
    Thinking it to be a problem that there's too many non-white people is pretty racist.
    Agree, none whites dont feel guilty over being racist. White people really try to avoid it, my wife is really racist but at the same time wants things to be fair, dont want people to get lower salary because of race. (She used to work in bahrain and in arab countries your salary is connected to where your from)

  20. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    And now you're admitting that not only do you not have any evidence to back up your nonsense, but that you think that even if your nonsense were true, there would never be evidence.

    You're completely divorced from reality on this.
    Im sorry that i dont want to educate you, you can use google and see it for yourself. But you dont want to see my point so i dont know even if i find a perfect article you would still be able to read it and see anything wrong.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •