New PC build, any suggestions? (£2000)

Hi eveyone, I fancy to get new PC as got old PC about to give to my close relative.

So what I am look for less noise PC if possible don't want bother my GF by noise of PC by time of night. Use PC mostly for gaming/web browser.

• Budget - £2000 (can add 200-300 more if need)
    • Resolution - 1440p/60<144hz (I already own a Dell S2716DG)
    • Games / Settings Desired - Most of any games with max setting.
    • Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc) - None
    • Country - UK
    • Parts that can be reused - No but (maybe Asus Strix gtx 1070)
    • Do you need an OS? - Yes Win 10
    • Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)? - No but need good WiFi Wireless Adaptors

Thanks for any suggestions made!

10+ Year Old Account
    PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel - Core i5-9600K 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor (£235.98 @ Aria PC)
    CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM CPU Cooler (£67.25 @ CCL Computers)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte - Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (£188.51 @ CCL Computers)
    Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory (£87.18 @ Aria PC)
    Storage: Samsung - 860 Evo 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£68.99 @ Amazon UK)
    Video Card: Asus - GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB ROG Strix Gaming OC Video Card (£1189.98 @ Aria PC)
    Case: NZXT - H500 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case (£69.99 @ Box Limited)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (£95.47 @ Amazon UK)
    Total: £2003.35
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-05-05 08:09 BST+0100

CPU: 9600k. Went intel because apparently AMD MOBO's don't have integrated WiFi.
    Cooler: Biggest air cooler on the market. Way overkill for the CPU, but you won't have to hear it. Replace with something else if you want.
    MOBO: Good VRMs with integrated WiFi meaning you don't need an adaptor hanging off your tower
    RAM: Just some random 3000mhz RAM, feel free to replace with whatever else you fancy
    Storage: Only a single SSD, throw in a bigger one, or some spinning storage depending on what you want out of life.
    GPU: 2080ti. Nothing even comes close to it, and if you want to play AAA at close to 144hz at max settings, you need the horsepower. I run one and I still sometimes dip below 144 depending on the game
    Case: Good, cheap-ish, and looks nice. Feel free to replace with another one of your choice.
    PSU: 750W is fine unless you really want to start OC'ing everything stupidly high and break your stuff, or add another GPU (don't), fully modular so extra cables won't clog your system, and gold efficiency.

Win10 can be bought grey-market for anywhere between 3 and 30 USD depending how sketchy you feel like going, or you can leave it un-activated for free if you don't mind Microsoft stealing all your info and a dumb little watermark.
    Last edited by Temp name; 2019-05-05 at 07:15 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    @Temp name
    There are plenty of Ryzen boards with WiFi ....
    Not sure where you got that from but all brands have them, ASRock X470 TaiChi for example or the the whole GigaByte Aorus Gaming X470 series...

Just a correction but a 2000 GBP computer shoulf not "just have" a 9600K.
    "A quantum supercomputer calculating for a thousand years could not even approach the number of fucks I do not give."
    - Kirito, Sword Art Online Abridged by Something Witty Entertainment

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evildeffy View Post
    @Temp name
    There are plenty of Ryzen boards with WiFi ....
    Not sure where you got that from but all brands have them, ASRock X470 TaiChi for example or the the whole GigaByte Aorus Gaming X470 series...

Just a correction but a 2000 GBP computer shoulf not "just have" a 9600K.
    Yeah, just looked again, and there are some now.. Weird, for some reason they didn't show up on UK PCPP when I made the list.

And if you don't agree it should "just" have a 9600k, what would you downgrade/replace? A 9600k is plenty for gaming, and it lets you put in a 2080ti without skimping on any other component, and OP said he only really uses it for gaming, so I put all the eggs into the gaming basket

15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly at 1440p difference between a 2700(X) and Intel CPUs is negligable, cpu overhead is less as more is pushed to the GPU.

But a 9600K (which is just a 8600K rebranded) is actually shown to have some issues regarding microstutter and frame times in 1 older title and a couple of newer titles.

I honestly would drop the RTX 2080 Ti to "just" a RTX 2080 since he wants a minimum of 60FPS up to 144Hz and increase the CPU to 9700K or 9900K (if he wants balls to the wall, price not given a fck about).

But honestly .. you can get a 2700(X) for the same price as a 9600K ... I don't think that's even a contest in that regard either in any sense.. 6 cores/threads vs. a vastly superior 8 cores 16 threads in literally anything else just doesn't make sense even with 5GHz clocks.

That is if he's not willing to wait and see for 1 - 1,5 months to see what Ryzen 3000 is capable of of which current rumours (and I stress RUMOURS) are it being a boss over any current option period.

I'm purposely skipping Navi because that's 100% a wildcard that can go very bad or very right and it being too far of a stretch to say anything about for wait-and-see type comments.

He could also go a combo of, assuming he wants the rig now, go 2700X with an RTX 2080, save a couple hundred quid and potentially upgrade the CPU later if Ryzen 3000 is as we all want it to be.

It would still be in his price range AND be within his demands range.
    "A quantum supercomputer calculating for a thousand years could not even approach the number of fucks I do not give."
    - Kirito, Sword Art Online Abridged by Something Witty Entertainment

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, true, since I was mistaken about AMD MOBO's not having WiFi, going with 2600x/2700x is probably a better bet for the most case.

I'm still not sure how much I believe the 3000 rumors though, they just seem too good to be true, but it's a new micro architecture, and at a smaller scale, so who knows..
    And as you said yourself, it's more about the GPU anyway, so I think I'd still push for a 2080ti since a CPU upgrade wouldn't really benefit in (most) games

thanks for replies, so should I wait and see until Ryzen 3000 release?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawker View Post
    thanks for replies, so should I wait and see until Ryzen 3000 release?
    If you can, there's really no reason not to. I made my first post with the assumption that you couldn't wait