Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Annka View Post
    I see this everywhere, i don't mind not having house but i would like having housing.
    Here is the thing with Housing.

    It's a fucking goldmine. Seriously, WoW is full of whales ready to drop thousands per month on housing. Even if they don't add things to the cash shop and it's all for gold, people will drop token after token to buy the newest house and the best furniture for it. I simply cannot fathom why Blizzard has not invested bigger on the best feature to monetize in an MMORPG that exists.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Here is the thing with Housing.

    It's a fucking goldmine. Seriously, WoW is full of whales ready to drop thousands per month on housing. Even if they don't add things to the cash shop and it's all for gold, people will drop token after token to buy the newest house and the best furniture for it. I simply cannot fathom why Blizzard has not invested bigger on the best feature to monetize in an MMORPG that exists.
    Agree wholeheartedly.....Blizzard has been doing everything in their power to create content that revolves around keeping players subbed (Time wasters, time sinks, and time gating)......Housing would by all means accomplish that x 10! scattering items and furniture around the game through professions, dungeons....raids to garnish your home......i can guarantee people would be subbed just to get all the best stuff for their home.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Here is the thing with Housing.

    It's a fucking goldmine. Seriously, WoW is full of whales ready to drop thousands per month on housing. Even if they don't add things to the cash shop and it's all for gold, people will drop token after token to buy the newest house and the best furniture for it. I simply cannot fathom why Blizzard has not invested bigger on the best feature to monetize in an MMORPG that exists.
    Other MMO's having it doesn't mean WoW should.Blizzard wants people out in the world, not hunkering down in their home playing Sims. You want to play house? Sims is --> Keep that garbage out of WoW.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Other MMO's having it doesn't mean WoW should.Blizzard wants people out in the world, not hunkering down in their home playing Sims. You want to play house? Sims is --> Keep that garbage out of WoW.
    And if getting the house requires exalted rep with a local faction, you need to buy furnishing for gold or have them rewarded from achievements, as patterns for rares or crafted from professions that require materials from the world, or even furnishing as drops from bosses or rares you do not get people out in the world?

    There is nothing about housing that gets people to just stay in their houses. You ADD time in game that they will spent in their new housing when they would otherwise not even be logged in. Guildhouses that offer full amenities in a WoW that worked like back in late Cata were everything was accessible from a queue would be a problem. Today you need to go to Boralus to enter a warfront or island, M+ and M dungeons require you to physically enter the dungeon and emissaries require world quests. None of that can be done while you wait in your house (the first two have minimal queues, the others requires you to go out). As long as you don't add a banker to the house, it will just be a place for collectibles. Your argument really has no ground.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    And if getting the house requires exalted rep with a local faction, you need to buy furnishing for gold or have them rewarded from achievements, as patterns for rares or crafted from professions that require materials from the world, or even furnishing as drops from bosses or rares you do not get people out in the world?

    There is nothing about housing that gets people to just stay in their houses. You ADD time in game that they will spent in their new housing when they would otherwise not even be logged in. Guildhouses that offer full amenities in a WoW that worked like back in late Cata were everything was accessible from a queue would be a problem. Today you need to go to Boralus to enter a warfront or island, M+ and M dungeons require you to physically enter the dungeon and emissaries require world quests. None of that can be done while you wait in your house (the first two have minimal queues, the others requires you to go out). As long as you don't add a banker to the house, it will just be a place for collectibles. Your argument really has no ground.
    People will buy all that stuff off the AH then go right back to their house. With how easy is it si get gold, you are naive if you think people are going to go out in the world to farm stuff.

    As I have said this is WARcraft not PlayHousecraft.

  6. #46
    Bloodsail Admiral Ermelloth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Ratchet, Jazzik's shop, 2nd floor
    Posts
    1,226
    7. Bring back raid tier sets and make them good, give people incentives to raid instead of mythic+, warfront, world quests, etc.
    I can accept most of other ideas presented, but completely disagree here.

    First of all, not everyone likes raiding. PvPers, WPVPers, RPers come to mind.

    Second, a lot of casual adult 30+ players have little time to spend (like myself for example). Forcing such players to raid, including HC raiding, to get anywhere or obtain any decent gear at all, is even a greater way to reduce subs.

    Honestly, I hate the very concept or raids. Gathering around 20 of constantly bitching PVEers with all their arrogance, GS / raider IO bashing is mostly irritating to begin with... Even in case of everyone being from your guild it's VERY hard to get enough players at a time.

    And even when the group seems "ready to go" - then someone disconnects, then tank has to pee, than healer has to cack etc. etc... I don't have 5-6 hrs to spend for a stupid raid, I'll rather run a challenging M10+ dungeon which, thank God, takes 30-40 min at most and needs only 4 more players to run.

    M+ is one of the best things which happened to WoW and I really appreciate that, cause now many people don't have to endure all the incredible suffering and gross burn of valuable time to gather two dozens of people, half of which are presumably retards, to do anything.
    Last edited by Ermelloth; 2019-05-07 at 08:54 PM.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Ermelloth View Post
    I can accept most of other ideas presented, but completely disagree here.

    First of all, not everyone likes raiding. PvPers, WPVPers, RPers come to mind.

    Second, a lot of casual adult 30+ players have little time to spend (like myself for example). Forcing such players to raid, including HC raiding, to get anywhere or obtain any decent gear at all, is even a greater way to reduce subs.

    Honestly, I hate the very concept or raids. Gathering around 20 of constantly bitching PVEers with all their arrogance, GS / raider IO bashing, then someone disconnects, then tank has to pee, than healer has to cack etc. etc... I don't have 5-6 hrs to spend for a stupid raid, I rather prefer a challenging M10+ dungeon which, thank God, takes 30-40 min at most and needs only 4 more players to run.

    M+ is one of the best things which happened to WoW and I really appreciate that, cause now many people don't have to endure all the incredible suffering and gross burn of valuable time to gather two dozens of people, half of which are presumably retards, to do anything.
    I miss pvp vendors and PvP resilience :/

  8. #48
    Bloodsail Admiral Ermelloth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Ratchet, Jazzik's shop, 2nd floor
    Posts
    1,226
    I miss pvp vendors and PvP resilience :/
    I actually miss WoD. It was a bit boring towards the end cause of little content, and, well, there was a problem with gold and resources coming too easy cause of the garrison being OP.

    If these two major problems would be addressed in time and team created more cool zones and content... this expansion could be remembered in a totally different way.

    WoD had great systems; much better PvP balance by far compared to today, cause PvP gear was > PvE gear at any time, since PvE gear got scaled down to a Gladiator gear ilvl once engaged in PvP combat, regardless if indoors or outdoors.

    I wonder why this exceptionally good system didn't make it to Legion and beyond. So people would abuse PvE gear and trinkets?? Worst decision ever made.

    Classes were a lot better as well; and my favorite spec, Ret, wasn't a gimped wheelchair melee but a versatile and very mobile class, great for soloing and 1vs1 altogether.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Ermelloth View Post
    I actually miss WoD. It was a bit boring towards the end cause of little content, and, well, there was a problem with gold and resources coming too easy cause of the garrison being OP.

    If these two major problems would be addressed in time and team created more cool zones and content... this expansion could be remembered in a totally different way.

    WoD had great systems; much better PvP balance by far compared to today, cause PvP gear was > PvE gear at any time, since PvE gear got scaled down to a Gladiator gear ilvl once engaged in PvP combat, regardless if indoors or outdoors.

    I wonder why this exceptionally good system didn't make it to Legion and beyond. So people would abuse PvE gear and trinkets?? Worst decision ever made.

    Classes were a lot better as well; and my favorite spec, Ret, wasn't a gimped wheelchair melee but a versatile and very mobile class, great for soloing and 1vs1 altogether.
    That's honestly the last expansion I got into and I thought it had lots of problems.

    I haven't palyed seriously since Legion really outside of a few moments kinda like some other expansions such as Cataclysm.

    Bizzarely Pandaria and Draenor are the ones I've played the most in recent times.

    I'm not necessarily crazy invested in the idea of Vanilla either... or...

    I don't know I just played it back in the day because in o another alternative universe it would of been the game to play for awhile before we all moved somewhere else sorta
    deal..

    But everyone has stayed here and I still don't know why.

    My hunch is it's just kinda been where all the people who are "srs" about video games are supposed to go....

    But all those people had their big thing in the 90s... so this is the next generation or something and has not much or any
    connection to video games in my humble opinion.

    Even now... MK11 is a more successful game than probably any WoW expansion even BFA because they're starting to lose
    subscribers...

    It's just too expensive and other reasons...

    IMO the 80s were sort of about video games... mainly because it seemed to be all Nintendo and no one else... then in the 90s you had more diversity and the 2000s a bit but now it's all these giant mammoth culture subscription services or something...

    And they really don't have much or anything in common, it's like comparing a car to a potato or something.

    Basically people suspected the 80s and 90s and this is true were horrendous in all aspects and no one wanted to touch any of it...

    And first of all that's actually true. .. I might as well be one of the earlier people to just say it because no one wanted to just say that...

    Secondly though why is WoW ai video game though then? Does it hae have to be?
    Last edited by Senphiroth1134; 2019-05-07 at 11:20 PM.

  10. #50
    No Lich King.
    No Deathwing.
    No Azshara.
    No Old Gods.
    No Sargeras.
    No Illidan.
    No Gul'dan.

    The garrison/tables experience is exhausted. The azerite/artifact system is exhausted. Class balance is at an all-time low. Professions are in a state of disarray.

    Transmog and mount farming has been around for ages now being partially replaced with time spent farming heritage armor/allied races.

    Legendaries are a shadow of their former selves, if they even exist again.

    Loot? You used to be able to forge loot to better suit your needs and shoot for stats. You could farm instances/raids for that certain piece. Now you're farming for an RNG titanforge roll. You could technically get the piece you're after but it's not worth it as it doesn't have the titanforge roll on it so you still have to keep farming it.


    It's hard to see where WoW should go now. The Void for story? But for systems they really need to do a 180 on a lot of things.

    Make gear worth pursuing again. Not chasing mythic + for one that hits the right RNG roll.
    Bring back great tier sets.
    Bring back legendary quest lines.
    Make flying a perk, not a chore once it's opened up.
    Make heritage/allied variants something to be excited about, not something to grind.
    Give the hardest raids something extra besides higher ilvl and color gear. Maybe an extra boss in mythic for something to shoot for in heroic/normal/lfg raiding.
    Every spec doesn't have to be equal for every item of the game. Make some specs optimal in PvP but not as good as others in PvE. Stop with making every class/spec the same.
    Bring back challenge dungeons.

    IMO

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Revak View Post
    No Lich King.
    No Deathwing.
    No Azshara.
    No Old Gods.
    No Sargeras.
    No Illidan.
    No Gul'dan.

    The garrison/tables experience is exhausted. The azerite/artifact system is exhausted. Class balance is at an all-time low. Professions are in a state of disarray.

    Transmog and mount farming has been around for ages now being partially replaced with time spent farming heritage armor/allied races.

    Legendaries are a shadow of their former selves, if they even exist again.

    Loot? You used to be able to forge loot to better suit your needs and shoot for stats. You could farm instances/raids for that certain piece. Now you're farming for an RNG titanforge roll. You could technically get the piece you're after but it's not worth it as it doesn't have the titanforge roll on it so you still have to keep farming it.


    It's hard to see where WoW should go now. The Void for story? But for systems they really need to do a 180 on a lot of things.

    Make gear worth pursuing again. Not chasing mythic + for one that hits the right RNG roll.
    Bring back great tier sets.
    Bring back legendary quest lines.
    Make flying a perk, not a chore once it's opened up.
    Make heritage/allied variants something to be excited about, not something to grind.
    Give the hardest raids something extra besides higher ilvl and color gear. Maybe an extra boss in mythic for something to shoot for in heroic/normal/lfg raiding.
    Every spec doesn't have to be equal for every item of the game. Make some specs optimal in PvP but not as good as others in PvE. Stop with making every class/spec the same.
    Bring back challenge dungeons.

    IMO
    Like it all so far. Kind of my thoughts exactly.
    Heritage armor of blood elves everyone got tired after using it for awhile. Nightborne is amazing but without that chin. for me ofc lol And i mean, males with that dress, give them something more male-like.

    I like that idea of mythic having an extra boss and something unique that no one in a easier difficulty can have. It's always mounts. Give a trinket, weapon or a really good piece of armor. Some gear armor that will make them work harder for Mythic besides progress and better ilvl.

  12. #52
    I hope to never see an island expedition again. Bring back garrisons.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by wowleakwowg View Post
    I hope to never see an island expedition again. Bring back garrisons.
    I just hope they let me get stuff from those islands someway once the next expansion is over. I don't want them to add islands again either

  14. #54
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alpha Quadrant
    Posts
    572
    Nothing new, just return/restore what they've broken since Mists.

  15. #55
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Nearby
    Posts
    1,242
    I’d rather they continue to work on islands, first and foremost, remove the timed element. Like I say with Warfronts, there’s something there, both parties just have to find it.

  16. #56
    i dont mind your suggestions, except the enchanting/jc/inscription one, they can stay as they are

  17. #57
    Warchief msdos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    2,074
    PVP revamp. Full damage and full healing at all times. More talent options. Reduce HP in pvp by 30%. Reduce the HP of tanks in pvp by 50%, up tank damage in pvp. Every CC shares DR again, take stuns off DR. Reduce duration of all stuns to 3 seconds max. No death penalties. Reduce the rez timer interval periods. Ability to choose your grave yard. HKs in the world count towards rewards, less grindy. PVP vendor at the beginning of the season. Make pvp more about fast paced fun and less about drawn out skirmishes.

    Legendary revamp. All legendaries usable at any level and work at any level below whatever the current max is, so that would be 119 right now. Allow legendaries to work in non-instanced content at max level, but with a 50% power reduction. So out in the world you can use them for flavor or fun or for some niche purpose, whatever.

    Profession revamp. All professions can craft trinkets. Allow all professions to upgrade gear in some way: bring back belt socket for Eng, BS can upgrade plate, Tailor upgrade cloth, leather worker upgrade leather, JC can do mail because who gives a crap. Remove titanforging and just reinvent it through profession upgrading. Make reforging a full blown profession that requires elements of every profession, jewels, ore, ink, a gadget, a salve, etc.

    Mission table revamp. Instead of sending followers on missions, you choose from 3 missions and 3 followers to accompany you, then you go out and do the missions yourself which involve killing assortments of dangerous elites and you have to utilize your follower, almost like a vehicle encounter, but you're playing your toon and the vehicle at the same time.

    I could just go on and on with elegant creativity.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    Yeah, garrisons weren't proper player housing. We got to decide where some of the buildings went, and we could change our racial guards (which I think included changing a couple of banners to match whatever city the guards were from). That was....basically it as far as customization went. Granted, I don't think WoW's current engine is even capable of the level of customization it'd take to satisfy me, but I think we could still do better than garrisons.

    Unfortunately, I think Blizzard considers that matter closed. I remember a blue post that said "if you want player housing, your garrison is still right there where you left it" or something along those lines (I can't quote it directly off the top of my head, but I do remember the post).
    Ion spoke about housing recently stating it's still something that comes up in staff meetings.

    My tinfoil hat theory is more that they want to make housing but the dinosaur that wow is built on can't handle it at a level they think players want. Especially after the garrison feedback. More modern mmos get around it because modern engines can handle more freedom of choice in house designing.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Ion spoke about housing recently stating it's still something that comes up in staff meetings.

    My tinfoil hat theory is more that they want to make housing but the dinosaur that wow is built on can't handle it at a level they think players want. Especially after the garrison feedback. More modern mmos get around it because modern engines can handle more freedom of choice in house designing.
    Housing is essentially instanced content. The question is what tools will they give us to decorate and place furnishing.
    Ultimately the thing with housing is that it is all about customization and Blizzard seems to hate giving players customization options.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    People will buy all that stuff off the AH then go right back to their house. With how easy is it si get gold, you are naive if you think people are going to go out in the world to farm stuff.

    As I have said this is WARcraft not PlayHousecraft.
    Some people should really not post on this forums. Since when we can buy souldbound items from ah? Saying people would just buy cosmetics from ah when they cant be put into ah in first place is just no comment.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Ion spoke about housing recently stating it's still something that comes up in staff meetings.

    My tinfoil hat theory is more that they want to make housing but the dinosaur that wow is built on can't handle it at a level they think players want. Especially after the garrison feedback. More modern mmos get around it because modern engines can handle more freedom of choice in house designing.
    Well garrisons happen becouse Blizzard put all utillity needed for players to play game. Housing should have 0 utility. No power gain, no bonunses nothing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •