Transmog Farming Tips?

Greetings, all!

I started farming heroic 10-man ICC for some transmog gear, but after about 21 runs between my 3 cloth users, I'm having a hard time getting the piece of gear I'm looking for. Are there any sort of tips that can increase my chances? Like, if I brought along another player, will the amount of gear that drops from the boss? I would generally get about 2-3 pieces of loot per boss.

ICC 10 only ever dropped 2-3 piece per boss. It's a slog, and you're doing about all you can do. I only farm it on and off, because the drop rates out of 10 are so discouraging.

Why do you think there was such an outcry about 10 man only guilds being screwed? The only way to really increase your chances is to have more characters

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatTM View Post
    Greetings, all!

I started farming heroic 10-man ICC for some transmog gear, but after about 21 runs between my 3 cloth users, I'm having a hard time getting the piece of gear I'm looking for. Are there any sort of tips that can increase my chances? Like, if I brought along another player, will the amount of gear that drops from the boss? I would generally get about 2-3 pieces of loot per boss.
    Sadly the way the legacy loot rules work is you'd get the number of pieces of gear you'd get with the largest group size the raid allows. From Cata onward it works pretty simply, since all raids have 10 and 25 modes you get 5+ pieces per boss, plus bonus rolls. Sadly ICC doesn't work like this. Since all 4 difficulties have their own separate loot tables, and in those days you only got 2-3 pieces from a boss. So you get 2-3 pieces from the bosses now, no matter what you do. Also unlike SoO onward you can only do one version of the raid per week per toon, not all of them. At this rate it'll be a few more years before I get all the mog from ICC.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BossManRoth View Post
    Why do you think there was such an outcry about 10 man only guilds being screwed? The only way to really increase your chances is to have more characters
    25-man raids didn't give 5+ pieces of loot until Cata. 10-mans dropping 2 pieces and 25-mans dropping 2-3 pieces was the norm in ICC. 10-manners whined because the 25-man pieces were slightly higher ilvl and in some cases, like Saurfang, the loot tables were better.

I'm not really a transmog collector, but 3 characters are kind of rookie numbers. Just level some more.

What item is it you are after?