Poll: Will race specific spell affect your choice?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Will race specific spells, make you roll that race for your priest?

As we know Vanilla had race specific spells for priests, Which race will you pick for your priest, and does their race specific spell affect your choice?

Undead. There's something that feels undeniably authentic about an Undead Priest in Vanilla WoW.

Dwarf priest for Fear Ward. It's just too good to miss.

I aint playing a god damn dwarf.

Tanks will have to learn to stance dance while im over here playing human

I am chosing my priest race because of the spells, yes...not their objective strenght (which would leave only dwarf as an option) but their RP value. In this regard, both Night Elf and Undead are much stronger. And i simply like Night Elf more. I will be a happy player casting my star shards.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    I aint playing a god damn dwarf.

Tanks will have to learn to stance dance while im over here playing human
    Yup, this. Horde doesn't get Fear Ward and they clear content just fine without it. I'm going to enjoy my 5% bonus to Spirit and 10% extra Rep.

Pro tip, if a guild on classic requires you to play a specific race, its time to move on to another application, you really do not want to be in that guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Pro tip, if a guild on classic requires you to play a specific race, its time to move on to another application, you really do not want to be in that guild.
    Haha so much this! Anyone taking classic progression that seriously is a red flag!

Dwarf for PVE/PVP the desperate prayer is a free massive heal and fear ward well its amazing... and Undead for PVP because the devouring plague is absolute beast of a spell so much dmg and healing on quite a short CD can turn fight around but touch of weakness is kinda crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mnemonic22 View Post
    Yup, this. Horde doesn't get Fear Ward and they clear content just fine without it.
    Horde does have spamable Tremor Totem; much better than Fear Ward.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mnemonic22 View Post
    Yup, this. Horde doesn't get Fear Ward and they clear content just fine without it. I'm going to enjoy my 5% bonus to Spirit and 10% extra Rep.
    Yeah, because they had undead.
    Undead is arguably the best tank available for Horde, simply thanks to the 5 second fear immune.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Horde does have spamable Tremor Totem; much better than Fear Ward.
    Not really, no.
    Tremor totem only kicks in after you've been feared, and thus fucking up threat.
    Fear Ward straight up makes fear not even happen in the first place.

If I'm playing Classic, probably not playing a priest, but if I did play as one... dwarf priest for Fear ward. Remember hearing how op they were for it back in the day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    Not really, no.
    Tremor totem only kicks in after you've been feared, and thus fucking up threat.
    Fear Ward straight up makes fear not even happen in the first place.
    It pulses every second, which means, on average, 0,5 sec after your are feared... Correct.

However, it works for all 5 in a group, not just one person.
    And in 0,5 second, you won't run very far..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

Still can’t decide. But for a priest i seem to prefer the alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    You can still mess up positioning by having the boss turn.
    Any specific boss, that fears, that can mess up a raid when tank runs for 0,5 second?

Onyxia is so big that 0,5 sec movement will hardly turn her.. It's the only Vanilla boss I can remember that have a lot of fear..

Quote Originally Posted by Imretyo View Post
    As we know Vanilla had race specific spells for priests, Which race will you pick for your priest, and does their race specific spell affect your choice?
    Shadowmeld: Activate to slip into the shadows, reducing the chance for enemies to detect your presence. Lasts until cancelled or upon moving

That is why you go Nelf Priest for PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Can't remember tbh, haven't played it in private servers so I'd have to think about it. The one example I can think of is from TBC (Nightbane turned around FAST and would then breathe into your group).
    But that's TBC content, and irrelevant to this discussion..

Any specific boss, that fears, that can mess up a raid when tank runs for 0,5 second?

Onyxia is so big that 0,5 sec movement will hardly turn her.. It's the only Vanilla boss I can remember that have a lot of fear..
    Where, exactly, are you gettin that infamous 0.5 second pulse timer from? A patch note from TBC says:

Patch 2.4.0 (25-Mar-2008): Tremor Totem now pulses every 3 seconds, down from 4 seconds.

So it must've been 4 seconds in vanilla?

I only looked it up because I remember tremor totem often not doing anything (you ran out of the totem's range) or the fear removal was so delayed it almost didn't matter at times.
    Last edited by Bonkbonk100; 2019-05-06 at 10:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkbonk100 View Post
    Where, exactly, are you gettin that infamous 0.5 second pulse timer from? A patch note from TBC says:

Patch 2.4.0 (25-Mar-2008): Tremor Totem now pulses every 3 seconds, down from 4 seconds.

So it must've been 4 seconds in vanilla?

I only looked it up because I remember tremor totem often not doing anything (you ran out of the totem's range) or the fear removal was so delayed it almost didn't matter at times.
    I didn't say 0,5 sec pulse. I said 1 puls every second, which average out to a pulse goes off after 0,5 sec of fear.

Onyxia, Neff. Tremor has its benefit over fear ward but overall fear ward is more reliable to not have bosses turn into your raid. Fear CD is shorter than bloodrage and without fear ward you must have 2nd tank 2nd highest on threat list. So overall fear ward offers more DPS.

Neff/onyxia breath/cleave/tail knockback can happen directly after fear in split second. You dont want your green/blue geared raid to be cleaved or breathed due to low hp pool.