Pet Battle Challenge Max Limit?

Didn't really see it confirmed anywhere, but is there a max to the amount of 25 lvl pets you can bring into the pet battle instance? I ask because I know there is a minimum before you can participate, as it took me a bit to figure that out as well. Might give WC another go tonight as I've collected a few more 25s over the last year.

Also wouldn't having ~200 lvl 25 pets make it very easy to get through? Maybe they can add a third tier to these, in which your only allowed to bring a certain predetermined amount before starting. Would definitely add another challenge factor to these without them having to do too much to implement.

Thanks, pretty much knew but just wanted a confirm.

I assume the battles get very specific (only handful of pets can defeat with ease) within a matchup. Hence why you say 200 pets could be little help depending on type and match up.

Regardless I heard there's a 4th coming out with 8.2 so that's at least something to consider in the near future, plus Stratholme has more nostalgia since I played through wc3 again recently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RCA View Post
    Didn't really see it confirmed anywhere, but is there a max to the amount of 25 lvl pets you can bring into the pet battle instance? I ask because I know there is a minimum before you can participate, as it took me a bit to figure that out as well. Might give WC another go tonight as I've collected a few more 25s over the last year.

Also wouldn't having ~200 lvl 25 pets make it very easy to get through? Maybe they can add a third tier to these, in which your only allowed to bring a certain predetermined amount before starting. Would definitely add another challenge factor to these without them having to do too much to implement.
    I have 1092 level 25 pets... That's not too many.

- - - Updated - - -

Regardless I heard there's a 4th coming out with 8.2.
    A 5th even: Stratholme

Celestial Tournament
    Walling Caverns
    Deadmines
    Gnomeregan
    Stratholme
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

I have 1092 level 25 pets... That's not too many.

I took a look at your link below, damn impressive amount. I assume years and years in the making?

you will need far less than 200....and even if they add a dungeon with a predetermined amount before starting, you would have to stay away from guides to not spoil it for you, because somebody always figures things out quickly.

True. Once you figure out the handful of pets that stomp out the bosses, I guess the challenge is not much of one anymore. Just trying to think of ways to make this challenging if you did collect nearly all of the pets in the wow universe.

Anyway it will still be somewhat challenging for me as I don't have that many lvl 25 pets, and I'll avoid the guides for good measure.

10+ Year Old Account
    I took a look at your link below, damn impressive amount. I assume years and years in the making?
    Yup..

Started in TBC with a few pets, but back then, you had to keep them in the backpack.
    In WOTLK collection took speed, as you learned them as we do now..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets pray they make the reward pets BoE!

These dungeons are amazing, but only the first time. After that, it's a dull grind.

Anyway, no cap on level 25 and you can have 3 of each pet (if that pet allows 3, some you can only have 1/1). What would people with too many pets do otherwise? Cage them and keep them on bank alt? What about those you can't cage etc. Would make 0 sense. OR to manually make a team of 200 pets, no one would sift through their pet list to find 200 favorites. Luckely Blizzard thought of these things

However, I have never tried to cage like 2 more of a pet, and after 2 died, you cage those and uncage the healthy ones. I can only assume it doesn't work, but got me curious.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Started in TBC with a few pets, but back then, you had to keep them in the backpack.
    With classic coming out, I do remember this. Limited space and uncaring probably cost me a few transmogs and pets I've earned from BC era (shammy and druid sets were sick imo). Prob, just never thought it would amount to anything and I was always casual player anyway.