Poll: Emissary 2k gold reward, yay or nay?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    only on my main usually...though i should do them on all my toons as that would be like 16k

but maaaaan that's asking a lot during the week lol
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    only on my main usually...though i should do them on all my toons as that would be like 16k

but maaaaan that's asking a lot during the week lol
    realistically if you do that like once a week, how much would it really take? 8*10 mins or so. Let's say 15.

depending on how much you actually play wow i'd say it may be worth it
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

10+ Year Old Account
    2000 gold is still a worthwhile amount if the world quests are of the convenient sort.
    Mostly the "kill this one guy" kind.
    Or battle pet quests.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    2000 gold is still a worthwhile amount if the world quests are of the convenient sort.
    Mostly the "kill this one guy" kind.
    Or battle pet quests.
    yea that's exactly how i do my wq's, just the kill x and such. maybe the tortollan ones, or some where i can combine rep

goes quite fast and give me things i need for my alts too
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quite an expert in wow View Post
    yea that's exactly how i do my wq's, just the kill x and such. maybe the tortollan ones, or some where i can combine rep

goes quite fast and give me things i need for my alts too

Yeah. I mean, got all the toys and pets except the tortollan one, the proudmoore music box, and 2 Voldunai ones, and got the neck to 50, so...
    Basically I straight up ignore everything except Tortollan quests in Drustvar, Stormsong, Zuldazar and Nazmir *unless* it's 2000 gold, really.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Right now its one of the few daily emissaries I keep doing. I have lots of alts, so its 2k gold per alt.

I also try to do the emissaries from which i still miss the toys, which right now are Voldunai, T. Expedition, Tortollan and the Mage glyph in Stormsong.

I'm so tired of doing emissaries, that i don't even bother doing the 7 legion / honorbound ones, which clearly are the easiest of all (just by doing the warfronts dailies). I already have all rewards from the medals, so i don't care anymore about the warfront dailies or assaults.

Right now im focusing on leveling my alts for heritages and doing the emissaries listed above.
    I might also start doing expeditions, as I have hardly done any, before Azshara patch comes live.

I don't do Emissary or world quests much at all. All 5 of my 120s range from 375-410 so almost none of the gear is worthwhile, I could probably use the gold, but I just prefer to log in raid or M+ and call it a day. I don't like world questing without flight, especially on alts since I haven't completed finding every part of the map so I don't have all the flight paths yet.

A lot of my own personal issues really. I think the system is fine for casual players, but for someone who out gears world quests or doesn't need the reputation, it really doesn't offer a lot. If I could set it to always give a decent amount of gold or the gear scaled up higher, I would probably give it some priority.

I do my 3 emmisary quests every 3rd day regardless of the reward.

10+ Year Old Account
    I fucking HATE world quests in general, but I am forced to do them because the allied races are for some reason locked behind them.
    I'd honestly fucking rather take dailies back because they had a point where you didn't have anymore to do for the day.

Nowadays it's just waiting an hour for WQ rotations and it never fucking ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Wait you still do AP world quests? How can someone who is doing AP world quests NOT be 50 by now?
    Easy. By not doing WQs everyday or even every week on a character. Im not 50 on any character. If I get bored of something in the game, I just dont bother doing it.

On topic: I did do it when I want rep from certain factions. Right now im working on reps on horde side. That said, I dont really go out of my way doing every emisarry that comes.

5+ Year Old Account
    With 4 characters i'm always doing the 2k gold ones. Besides that just gear ones if i need them on certain alts , and Honorbound if we have 1 of the Warfronts. When flying is there i will most likely start doing alot more , mostly because 1500 rep is about 600g from the cache. 10k rep / 4k gold (average) means 1g every 2.5 rep.

I do all emissaries and I like gold ones more than azerite ones for sure. Generally just doing all emissaries + invasions + mission table = loads of rep, and rep is paragon cache which is even more gold. All of that + vendoring rewards gives me enough gold to buy a token at the end of the month, which is nice. If I wasn't buying tokens, then I'd be at about 1.5 mln gold, just "playing the game" (Started expansion with about 400k gold and bought 5 tokens). I also barely touch AH, which for me is boring and I don't log in to WoW to do that crap.

It depends on the emissary and the quests up at the time I might do a couple kill quests one day then another couple a day later

Quote Originally Posted by queen of hamsters2 View Post
    realistically if you do that like once a week, how much would it really take? 8*10 mins or so. Let's say 15.

depending on how much you actually play wow i'd say it may be worth it
    so 80 minutes for 16k .

which is 10% of what token is worth .

i mean if someone really has nothing better to do sure. but solely from gold farming persective ? jezus that would be a waste of time

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but only because I still want the toys from the paragon caches. I wouldn't bother if it was just for the gold.
    We're a band of vicious pirates,
    we depend on RNG.
    If I only get one buff,
    then bury me at sea

No, im sick of WQ's. I will only farm AP on my main if needed but otherwise i won`t touch WQ`s anymore.

Only if its 7th Legion and there's an open portal, generally.

I'm doing the gold ones on 11 chars, feels twice as nice when you got 2 emissaries with gold at the same time.
    This and the runes i get from missions are my main sources of income this expansion (sadly).

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only if its one of the factions I still need an item from out of the supply cache. Otherwise why bother for such a tiny amount?

Quote Originally Posted by grimslade View Post
    Run the first boss at Iron Docks or seat of the triumvirate trash ten times you'll get the same and it takes less time.
    not getting any rep tho, war resources etc
    top guild member
    multi gladiator