View Poll Results: Emissary 2k gold reward, yay or nay?

Voters
430. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

154 35.81%
  • No

93 21.63%
  • Yes, on multiple characters

111 25.81%
  • No, but I might if they increased the gold reward

72 16.74%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Don't do it for the gold. Like any other emissaries, I generally do them if I they can be combined like zone + honorbound + invasion or if I'm in a zone with emissary and it has many single target kill WQ's nearby. Otherwise, not really.

Hard to care for 2k when in the last expansion you were getting a lot more than that for using the app while walking.
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

With 26 characters, I expect these emissaries to be my major gold income once we have flight. Without the time efficiency of flight I do not currently bother with any world quests that do not guarantee ilvl upgrades, and even then only on my main-ish characters.

I’m pretty much waiting for flight to really get super active again, and a big part of that is the 2000g emissaries.

Only paupers waste their time on such things.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Only paupers waste their time on such things.
    Trying to find that elusive super-lucrative gold farm can be a fun minigame for many. We don't know what will happen in 8.2 or 8.3. Maybe Blizz will do something to make it so having a ton of geared alts makes millions. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I want the ruins of K'aresh for 9.0 as I envision it as Netherstorm on steroids. A broken, shattered world. Eco-domes are stuck on various chunks to protect flora & fauna. I imagine a K'aresh ocean & maybe some islands contained in an eco dome or a snow-capped peak with some jungle valleys in another. Flesh version of Ethereals that never got altered. Space platforms as in Starcraft. Just a totally fantastic tileset & theme that I'd be very keen to explore. They could do some wild things.

I find emissaries and war campaigns soul crushing and will avoid them at all cost.

The Patient
    My answer isn't there. I don't really care for the Gold, but I would do it for the reputation. But even then, it would be only if I have time to kill and nothing to do.

Usually yes. I only really don't do an Emissary if the quests are terrible or the rewards are all AP. I've enjoyed making gold for the last few years and between my 8 120's emissaries and Paragon Caches make a bit of gold flow in nicely.

I'm less fussed for AP rewards than anything else. Most of my Characters are 44-49 and hitting 50 just means you don't get anything so I don't really want to hi 50. In Legion they gave you additional gold but BFA has nothing that my friends have said. The 2 ilvl increase isn't appealing, I have all traits and +5 upgrades to 420 and we'll be doing it all over again in a few months time.
    Dristereau
    Somniare - Nulo - Desterrar - Axxolentus

'RIP The Mythic Dream'

Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg - Silvermoon

Sometimes. In general I only do emissaries when I'm extremely bored these days, but even if it's just gold, it's 1-2 raid evening worth of repairs as well as a bunch of rep for even more rewards. Since the economy is inflated beyond any reason I'm pretty much just trying to earn enough to keep my gold at reasonable levels (repairs/transmog) while farming all materials myself. And frankly, I'm reaching the point where I don't even care about that anymore. I hope they come to their senses next expansion and reduce alchemy prices (as in materials needed), otherwise I'm done with this shit.

I don't do world quests. I would do emissary for 100k. But it won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I find emissaries and war campaigns soul crushing and will avoid them at all cost.
    A just had a load of fun at the Golanar WQ in Vol'dun this morning. Turn war mode on and stomp people trying to complete it. Its extra satisfying because that particular quest is a LOOOOOOOONG walk from the graveyard so you know it hurts. Some very nice world PvP.

The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla with the old in-game communities tho. I could just imagine the punishing world PvP among the regulars that you see every day. My GOD that would be fun.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2019-05-07 at 01:48 PM.
    I want the ruins of K'aresh for 9.0 as I envision it as Netherstorm on steroids. A broken, shattered world. Eco-domes are stuck on various chunks to protect flora & fauna. I imagine a K'aresh ocean & maybe some islands contained in an eco dome or a snow-capped peak with some jungle valleys in another. Flesh version of Ethereals that never got altered. Space platforms as in Starcraft. Just a totally fantastic tileset & theme that I'd be very keen to explore. They could do some wild things.

Not unless I need the rep. But I barely do them anymore, just too bored with WQs

i always do emisaeries, regardless of the rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Naramag View Post
    My answer isn't there. I don't really care for the Gold, but I would do it for the reputation. But even then, it would be only if I have time to kill and nothing to do.
    Lucky you! You get rep from both the world quests AND from the emissary turn in!

No, my main on both factions is exalted with everything and I don't care about paragon rewards, so I haven't done emissaries for months now. I still have >10 million gold from WoD/legion table missions so 2k gold is nothing to me.

No point. It's like a dozen potions.

All useful gold sources have been pulled from the game. The only source left is other players.

Alternatively of course you can have 4 level 120s and just do all the gold WQs every day with war mode on. Right now as I type there is 1317 gold in world quests on my map. That's 7 WQs x 4 = 28 WQs for over 5k gold. Do that for 30 days for 150k gold per month. You'd like an addon that scans for gold WQs and then plots the fastest course between all of them, although in 8.2 the time required drops CONSIDERABLY as you have flying and its a straight shot for an addon to plot your daily course to all the gold WQs.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2019-05-10 at 09:53 AM.

A just had a load of fun at the Golanar WQ in Vol'dun this morning. Turn war mode on and stomp people trying to complete it. Its extra satisfying because that particular quest is a LOOOOOOOONG walk from the graveyard so you know it hurts. Some very nice world PvP.

The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla with the old in-game communities tho. I could just imagine the punishing world PvP among the regulars that you see every day. My GOD that would be fun.
    I mean I always have WM on and most of the time people do not engage in PvP unless there is an assault up or they are part of a gank group.

Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post

Tl;dr _ save your gold or make gold
    But for what? I had millions...and thought.."what good is that if I ever quit?". Soooo...thanks for tokens. I mean..I still have like 2 million gold..but also tokens until 2020.

OT: Depends..sometimes yes, sometimes no. You know..when an invasion is up and the emissary in that area happens to also give 2000 gold? Sometimes you have 2 Tortolian or 2 CoA quests in an area that also gives gold for the emissary of that area? So I do the extra two to get the gold as well. Usually I chose them by how fast and convenient they are though. Easy pet battles that also give charms for example...or "kill that dude".

And ofc when the weekly event of 20 WQs is up.

Gold is basically the only emissary that I do on multiple characters. AP is almost worthless to me now, and the gear reward sucks compared to what I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I myself voted No, but, because I much rather go do some MoP raids for 2k gold than do world quests. I imagine this will change once there's access to flying though. Thanks for all the answers and poll replies everyone! <3
    They are the ONLY emissaries that I do for the reward, because AP is worthless now and I have more than enough ressources for rep missions. Gear missions also are not relevant, so the only ones that give SOME reward outside of rep that is not completely worthless are the gold missions.

And its like 2k gold for 10 minutes AND 1.5k Rep (for Paragon Chests)