Poll: Emissary 2k gold reward, yay or nay?

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Do you complete 2000 gold Emissaries?

Simple enough question, poll coming.

Assuming you still play, do you bother with an emissary if it has 2k gold as the reward? If you don't, could you be persuaded by an increased amount, if so, how much?

It would also be interesting to know whether some players bother doing the emissary across multiple characters.

Edit: Got a more balanced spread than I had anticipated, was expecting the No or No, but-options to win out. Instead the Yes and even multiple characters answers are in the lead (if by small margins).

I myself voted No, but, because I much rather go do some MoP raids for 2k gold than do world quests. I imagine this will change once there's access to flying though. Thanks for all the answers and poll replies everyone! <3
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2019-05-06 at 02:50 PM.

I did every emissary on my main when I was still playing more than 2 hours a week. Planning on giving the game another serious go once 8.2 hits though and once I have flying, I could see doing it on alts as well. The zones are compact enough that 4 wq should be doable in 10 mins with flying.

No, I only do gear emissaries until I don't need the gear anymore and then I don't do any.

Without the Legendary items of legion... I really don't see a point.

The correct emissary play is to have (4) toons at 120, each of them completing all emissaries once every 3 days. Over the course of a month, you will complete probably 4/6 emissaries, granting on average maybe 4000g each. You will get on average a 2000 emissary reward 1x per week per toon. That gives you 24k per week in raw gold which is almost a token. You'll make another 20k by accident so this gives you free play.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Well, I have four 120 characters and I try to do all emissaries with them just to get gold. And toys.

I am doing all emissaries on 2 chara no matter what rewards is. Main reason is because i am only doing some gold making early at beginning of new expansion. A lot of gold.

Now that prices are lower i dont care anymore but i still need some gold and emissary + paragon rewards are small but usefull.

Depends how close am I to the next neck level, how close am I to the next emissary cache bonus and how easy are the WQ those days.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    I have 3 level 120s its free gold.

Do it - not for the gold, just for the rep for paragon.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

I do them for the gold and the paragons. Every penny counts!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't normally. Doing 12 WQ every three days on 12 characters + Warfront + Warfront WQ + misc other WQ like pets and recipes gets really tiring after a while.

So I started focusing only on the ones I want to do and don't worry about emissaries unless I can do it at the same time as something else, like an incursion + Zandalar and/or Honorbound.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

I usually skip a day or two and do two or three emissaries in a single day, when I see Tortollans and/or Champions of Azeroth emissaries on the list.

Also... why shouldn't I do the 2000 gold emissaries? It's 1500 more rep, and the rep cache pets sell decently well in the AH, especially if you max them out at 25.

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    I don't normally. Doing 12 WQ every three days on 12 characters + Warfront + Warfront WQ + misc other WQ like pets and recipes gets really tiring after a while.

So I started focusing only on the ones I want to do and don't worry about emissaries unless I can do it at the same time as something else, like an incursion + Zandalar and/or Honorbound.
    It'll get vastly more efficient once we have flying.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not really, no. Sometimes. When flying is a thing I'll probably do them because it will be much faster. Right now it's still too time consuming for just 2k gold.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

I'll do a lot more of them once I can fly.

Been to busy playing other games latelt to farm gold i just do the gear stuff for now.

Blizzard is really cracking down on gold inflation. In the next expansion it’ll be even harder, didn’t Ion or “the team” say?

They’re making people fall sucker to gold sink purchases to get the gold back out.

Tl;dr _ save your gold or make gold

Nope. Got everything from the paragons and not worth it to do World Quests.

yeah i do it on multiple chars, do all emi's on 3, and other 2 chars just depends on the rewards. still need some paragon items (shit rng), and the extra gold from those boxes is nice

also, still need the pet from the dreamweaver emissary