Poll: Emissary 2k gold reward, yay or nay?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    Blizzard is really cracking down on gold inflation. In the next expansion it’ll be even harder, didn’t Ion or “the team” say?

They’re making people fall sucker to gold sink purchases to get the gold back out.

Tl;dr _ save your gold or make gold
    They say a lot of things, what actually happens on the other hand...

Not to mention it would much simpler to remove copper from the currency list, and put in something new like Platinum as the new top currency. Have it 100g=1P and have new expansion costs be in plat from vendors etc...

I have three 120s, I tend to try to do all emissaries on all three. Sometimes I don't really bother for a couple days and then need to catch up, though I may miss one or two, here andthere. The actual reward tends to be an afterthought most of the time, except with the newer Tortollan ones that offer a ring/trinket. That can be handy to my lesser geared alts, except that I've gotten the same damn ring like 4 times, never a trinket, which I could actually use for them. 2000 gold isn't a ton, but it's still a little bit of easy money and more than I'd make running most old raids for transmogs/mounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do, mostly because it unlocks easy reputation.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Pretty much stopped doing those when I hit exalted on every faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The correct emissary play is to have (4) toons at 120, each of them completing all emissaries once every 3 days. Over the course of a month, you will complete probably 4/6 emissaries, granting on average maybe 4000g each. You will get on average a 2000 emissary reward 1x per week per toon. That gives you 24k per week in raw gold which is almost a token. You'll make another 20k by accident so this gives you free play.
    Wrong, the correct play is to do the one emissary that runs out every day so you can double dip when emissaries overlay. This will yield the least amount of WQ you have to do. If you only do them every 3 days you might have to do extra WQs since it takes 1 day to respawn. For example you could have Tortollan (runs out), Zandalari and Voldun. If you log in and do all 3 of them there is a chance you only have 2 Tortollan WQ in Voldun and Zandalar combined, which means you need to do one additional Tortollan WQ somewhere else that has no emissary up. Since WQ respawn every day you can make sure to do the minimum amount of WQs and never do one extra and always double dip at 100% of the time.

Conclusion: Log in daily and do the one emissary that is going to run out and double dip with the upcoming ones that run out the next day(s).
    Last edited by Qnubi; 2019-05-06 at 05:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The correct emissary play is to have (4) toons at 120, each of them completing all emissaries once every 3 days. Over the course of a month, you will complete probably 4/6 emissaries, granting on average maybe 4000g each. You will get on average a 2000 emissary reward 1x per week per toon. That gives you 24k per week in raw gold which is almost a token. You'll make another 20k by accident so this gives you free play.
    Not to mention that once youre exalted you get paragon chests which reward another 4-5k gold since emmisary awards 1.5k rep.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

nope, 2k is not worth it in the day of millions... after exalted/geared, all WQs are useless.

I only do emissary on main, otherwise its a straight road to burnout mode

My DeviantART: http://hypzone.deviantart.com/ | Requests: Closed

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    If there are four ‘kill one ‘boss’’ world quests up then yes. I do it on all eight of my 120’s. Honorbound being my favourite.

I’d do them more often if they gave more gold. 5k each perhaps?
    Last edited by Aeula; 2019-05-06 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Wait you still do AP world quests? How can someone who is doing AP world quests NOT be 50 by now?
    Because - and this may come as a shock to you - I haven't been playing continuously since BFA released. I know it's hard to believe some people actually quit at some point, given the high quality of content they've been delivering.

I do all Emissaries, for the rep / Paragon caches. Lots of gold from those. Also helps keep me with enough Resources to fund my alt.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Don't tell me, I quit for nearly three months. But just doing 4 islands and emissaries when I came back was enough
    I came back 3 weeks ago, and I do not do islands, ever, because I hate them with a passion. I'm at 48 now. I think I'm doing fine, but thanks for your concern about my neck level.

Gold emissaries are the only emissaries worth something. Equipment emissaries offer too low gear, AP emissaries are worth absolutely nothing on maxed neck.

Don't currently play, but I would definitely clear it on every character.

Quote Originally Posted by quite an expert in wow View Post
    realistically if you do that like once a week, how much would it really take? 8*10 mins or so. Let's say 15.

depending on how much you actually play wow i'd say it may be worth it
    yep. it certainly is worth it, i probably could have made over 250k by now.

and now that my main is HoA 50 i may just replace my time with the gold ones... lazy personality ya know
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Wrong, the correct play is to do the one emissary that runs out every day so you can double dip when emissaries overlay. This will yield the least amount of WQ you have to do. If you only do them every 3 days you might have to do extra WQs since it takes 1 day to respawn. For example you could have Tortollan (runs out), Zandalari and Voldun. If you log in and do all 3 of them there is a chance you only have 2 Tortollan WQ in Voldun and Zandalar combined, which means you need to do one additional Tortollan WQ somewhere else that has no emissary up. Since WQ respawn every day you can make sure to do the minimum amount of WQs and never do one extra and always double dip at 100% of the time.

Conclusion: Log in daily and do the one emissary that is going to run out and double dip with the upcoming ones that run out the next day(s).
    Another idea is to do WQs for emissaries ONLY if they are close to a flight path and require you to just kill 1 mob. If not skip it. Sometimes they will double dip. That might save a lot of time. Haven't really explored if that is a time saver or not tho.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    It’s not free. It takes a lot of time relative the the payoff ($15 per month).
    Well I explained this once in this thread, I'll explain it again.

I never said it was optimum way to get gold. You just assumed that. I said if you wanted to use emissaries to get gold, then this would be the correct play. (earning 1 wow token per month is probably the only reasonable thing to do). Also, the time required is about to get heavily cut because we are about to get flying.

Sure, the optimum way to get gold is to just buy it. The optimum gold making method is AH flipping. Then it is selling carries. Then it is professions. Doing emissaries for gold is below those, yes. But its not always about being optimum. Maybe someone just enjoys doing WQs. That's fine.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Don't do it for the gold. Like any other emissaries, I generally do them if I they can be combined like zone + honorbound + invasion or if I'm in a zone with emissary and it has many single target kill WQ's nearby. Otherwise, not really.

Hard to care for 2k when in the last expansion you were getting a lot more than that for using the app while walking.
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

With 26 characters, I expect these emissaries to be my major gold income once we have flight. Without the time efficiency of flight I do not currently bother with any world quests that do not guarantee ilvl upgrades, and even then only on my main-ish characters.

I’m pretty much waiting for flight to really get super active again, and a big part of that is the 2000g emissaries.

Only paupers waste their time on such things.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Only paupers waste their time on such things.
    Trying to find that elusive super-lucrative gold farm can be a fun minigame for many. We don't know what will happen in 8.2 or 8.3. Maybe Blizz will do something to make it so having a ton of geared alts makes millions. You never know.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.