Poll: Emissary 2k gold reward, yay or nay?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I find emissaries and war campaigns soul crushing and will avoid them at all cost.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    My answer isn't there. I don't really care for the Gold, but I would do it for the reputation. But even then, it would be only if I have time to kill and nothing to do.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Usually yes. I only really don't do an Emissary if the quests are terrible or the rewards are all AP. I've enjoyed making gold for the last few years and between my 8 120's emissaries and Paragon Caches make a bit of gold flow in nicely.

I'm less fussed for AP rewards than anything else. Most of my Characters are 44-49 and hitting 50 just means you don't get anything so I don't really want to hi 50. In Legion they gave you additional gold but BFA has nothing that my friends have said. The 2 ilvl increase isn't appealing, I have all traits and +5 upgrades to 420 and we'll be doing it all over again in a few months time.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Sometimes. In general I only do emissaries when I'm extremely bored these days, but even if it's just gold, it's 1-2 raid evening worth of repairs as well as a bunch of rep for even more rewards. Since the economy is inflated beyond any reason I'm pretty much just trying to earn enough to keep my gold at reasonable levels (repairs/transmog) while farming all materials myself. And frankly, I'm reaching the point where I don't even care about that anymore. I hope they come to their senses next expansion and reduce alchemy prices (as in materials needed), otherwise I'm done with this shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't do world quests. I would do emissary for 100k. But it won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I find emissaries and war campaigns soul crushing and will avoid them at all cost.
    A just had a load of fun at the Golanar WQ in Vol'dun this morning. Turn war mode on and stomp people trying to complete it. Its extra satisfying because that particular quest is a LOOOOOOOONG walk from the graveyard so you know it hurts. Some very nice world PvP.

The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla with the old in-game communities tho. I could just imagine the punishing world PvP among the regulars that you see every day. My GOD that would be fun.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2019-05-07 at 01:48 PM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not unless I need the rep. But I barely do them anymore, just too bored with WQs

i always do emisaeries, regardless of the rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Naramag View Post
    My answer isn't there. I don't really care for the Gold, but I would do it for the reputation. But even then, it would be only if I have time to kill and nothing to do.
    Lucky you! You get rep from both the world quests AND from the emissary turn in!

No, my main on both factions is exalted with everything and I don't care about paragon rewards, so I haven't done emissaries for months now. I still have >10 million gold from WoD/legion table missions so 2k gold is nothing to me.

No point. It's like a dozen potions.

All useful gold sources have been pulled from the game. The only source left is other players.

Alternatively of course you can have 4 level 120s and just do all the gold WQs every day with war mode on. Right now as I type there is 1317 gold in world quests on my map. That's 7 WQs x 4 = 28 WQs for over 5k gold. Do that for 30 days for 150k gold per month. You'd like an addon that scans for gold WQs and then plots the fastest course between all of them, although in 8.2 the time required drops CONSIDERABLY as you have flying and its a straight shot for an addon to plot your daily course to all the gold WQs.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2019-05-10 at 09:53 AM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Gold is basically the only emissary that I do on multiple characters. AP is almost worthless to me now, and the gear reward sucks compared to what I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I myself voted No, but, because I much rather go do some MoP raids for 2k gold than do world quests. I imagine this will change once there's access to flying though. Thanks for all the answers and poll replies everyone! <3
    They are the ONLY emissaries that I do for the reward, because AP is worthless now and I have more than enough ressources for rep missions. Gear missions also are not relevant, so the only ones that give SOME reward outside of rep that is not completely worthless are the gold missions.

And its like 2k gold for 10 minutes AND 1.5k Rep (for Paragon Chests)

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Do it - not for the gold, just for the rep for paragon.
    This. Haven't touched resource missions, emissaries give it all, got my neck capped out, and each one gives ~5k gold. The honorbound ones are especially nice cause you also get their tokens. I have the 300 ring, 750 mount, 200 mount, 100 pet, and now working on the mogs and heirlooms.

The Voldunai don't seem to like me. Meerah's Jukebox has been the last paragon reward I've needed for quite some time.

not really enough gold to be worth it.

only did one tonight because i literally have nothing else right now.

it's a painful wait till june for ESO's necromancer.

If it's a faction specific emissary (Zone + 7th legion / honor brigade) I do them. If it's tortollan / champions of azeroth I don't. Too much travel time + the WQ are long.

5+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but only if I have time. Playing casually because of work and real life, I find myself with little time to play so usually I prefer to go on old raids for transmog and mounts if I have some spare time after some current raid-dung-other emissaries. But 2000 golds are good, so why not.

7+ Year Old Account
    If a character still needs rep for a given emissary, I'll do it. Otherwise, regardless of reward, I don't bother.

Only if i can do the quests without spending much time (kill rares and so on) or if i can combine it with other emisaries.
    Sorry for my english!