Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

If Crucible of Storms is -inside- of N'Zoth...

...what are the chances the actual boss fight for N'Zoth is also inside of him? Or on top of him?

Old God fights before have been inconsistent.

Then again, we didn't really know the scope of their size back in vanilla and WotLK (C'Thun and Yogg-Saron, respectively). Also both Old Gods at the time were not 100% free from their imprisonment.

With it looking like N'Zoth is going to be freed from his "titan chains" at the end of the Azshara raid, I'd be willing to bet that is what allows these massive Old Gods to fill out their gargantuan size.

What are the chances that the N'Zoth fight will take place on his "head" or even jumping from tentacle to tentacle?

What would you guys like to see?

Jumping from Tentacle to Tentacle sounds great, but it also reminds me of the Deathwing fight...and that really did not work out well, i think.

I would LOVE for the fight to actually be against a giant wall of flesh and not some tiny creature ("tiny" as the first two Old Gods we fought)...but it really would require Blizzard to come up with something that both works AND is fun to play. And i'm not so sure i trust them enough to deliver that.

Then there is also the chance that we will never actually fight N'Zoth at all. If rumors are true and Sylvanas will consume him with the dagger he might only appear in certain phases of her Bossfight in the next expansion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I'll get hate for this but I think the only way to properly fight N'zoth would be with an army, siege vehicles, dragons and anything else we can throw at him. I'd like them for once to let us fight something massive.
    That's a very cool idea. It really sells the scope of N'Zoth's size. We can't just have a raid of 20 people. We need armies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FaceYourself View Post
    That's a very cool idea. It really sells the scope of N'Zoth's size. We can't just have a raid of 20 people. We need armies.
    here's a radical idea, for this end boss, why not have it be a region wide fight, where you still get the whole 'world first kill' race going on but you get it by defeating an 'eye' of n'zoth inside the raid, but the whole thing isn't defeated until the hall of fame is filled on both factions and the boss 'dies' as a result, with a full cinematic showing it similar to what they did with sargeras/pantheon pulling him away from azeroth after we defeated argus.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    He could always be literally the end-zone of the expanion.

Some place simply called "N'Zoth", where we deal with his tentacly surface and infinite gaze, enter through some weird membrane Nespirah-style to reach the Raid portal, battle some bosses related to him (Eye of N'Zoth, the Spawning Pits, Overlord K'thraxi of Doom, the New Aqir, Venture Company Exploration, Extraction & Exploit Division, Avatar of N'Zoth, His Voidcore, etc).

We aren't fighting N'Zoth, we're fighting Shadow Queen Alleria.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

If they can execute it better a giant fight could be fun. Or even an inside/outside thing like with Yogg-Saron's mind. The setup for Madness of Deathwing was great, but the boss fight itself mechanically felt underwhelming.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    We aren't fighting N'Zoth, we're fighting Shadow Queen Alleria.
    No way that an Ally racial leader is going to ever become a raid boss. Alliance is the perfect faction, and can't do any wrong ever, always remember that.

Inb4 Fandral. He almost doesn't count, since he was a secondary figure at most and had been cranky from the very beginning.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    No way that an Ally racial leader is going to ever become a raid boss. Alliance is the perfect faction, and can't do any wrong ever, always remember that.

Inb4 Fandral. He almost doesn't count, since he was a secondary figure at most and had been cranky from the very beginning.
    Jaina was a boss.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

If we kill N'zoth in his colossal form I think we'll end up fighting the brain as the final boss, and have him actually being the raid.

If he wins and takes over Azeroth I see them giving him like an anime tentacle dude form for us to interact with.

10+ Year Old Account
    If we do ever have a boss fight where we are stuck inside them for the whole duration of the fight (not Gorefiend like), I really hope that the ground gets considered as "on fire" on the pull and throughout the fight we have to constantly work to stay off of it whilst dealing with the boss.

Actually I don't but I know a lot of people would be infuriated by stupid platforming mechanics throughout an entire fight and I think it'd be funny to see.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Jaina was a boss.
    Notice how she escaped and 2 seconds later is as good as new?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    But Anduin was made sad. This is a victory for the Horde.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Not really - in the Alliance denouement of the BoD raid you find out Jaina was in the hospital for a time, having her injuries treated. She lives, but she doesn't escape the fight unscathed.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Not really - in the Alliance denouement of the BoD raid you find out Jaina was in the hospital for a time, having her injuries treated. She lives, but she doesn't escape the fight unscathed.
    The next time you see her in the game she is the same as she ever was in her abilities. That's all that matters. A little footnote saying "she got treated for some booboos" doesn't count. She was a raid boss that only got a couple booboos. Plot armor x10. Just like how in MoP anduin had all his bones crushed. But now he is leading battles with fortune telling bones. Alliance characters are too important I guess.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2019-05-07 at 03:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    The next time you see her in the game she is the same as she ever was in her abilities. That's all that matters. A little footnote saying "she got treated for some booboos" doesn't count. She was a raid boss that only got a couple booboos. Plot armor x10. Just like how in MoP anduin had all his bones crushed. But now he is leading battles with fortune telling bones. Alliance characters are too important I guess.
    That's kind of how the game works - the artists don't really create models to show persistent injuries and/or scars unless they're baseline features (e.g. Varian's facial scars). Although Anduin did get a temporary model showing him lamed by the Divine Bell, which was interesting - but in the end he had no real lasting repercussions. Akin to TV shows and the whole "beauty is never tarnished" trope, where situations that would've otherwise caused massive injuries result in temporary bruises that disappear in the same brief episode. It doesn't have to be super realistic at all times, really.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by FaceYourself View Post
    ...what are the chances the actual boss fight for N'Zoth is also inside of him? Or on top of him?

What are the chances that the N'Zoth fight will take place on his "head" or even jumping from tentacle to tentacle?

What would you guys like to see?
    I mean the obvious comparison are both deathwing fights. Which both are horribly designed. back in the day they could have done a better job scaling deathwing down or let us fight his human model instead.
    If they learned their lesson lets give them a chance for making a huge n'zoth work as a boss. If not, well... then let us fight one of his eyes or something :/

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    I mean the obvious comparison are both deathwing fights. Which both are horribly designed. back in the day they could have done a better job scaling deathwing down or let us fight his human model instead.
    If they learned their lesson lets give them a chance for making a huge n'zoth work as a boss. If not, well... then let us fight one of his eyes or something :/
    The "Madness of Deathwing" fight should of been a very fun fight. On paper, it sounded/looked amazing. The implementation of it, however...

Speaking of Deathwing's human model; they made official artwork for it and even an in-game model. I never once saw it. Whatever happened with that?

I really hope not. I don't think it's within Blizzard's creativity scope to make a fight against a giant entity that feels good. The limited camera perspective in particular is a huge thing that limits the "grandness" of huge enemies.You just end up looking at a leg.

Now, I'd personally say that this would be a great way to introduce a new mechanic involving the camera zooming way out to the point where your characters are just ants, and having raid mechanics be massive in scope to properly convey how huge N'zoth is...but I have no faith in Blizzard to actually do something that creative.

They should have learned a lot from the Deathwing fights, but the only lesson they seemed to learn is to avoid ever trying again. This is a consistent problem with Blizzard. They take really good ideas like Vash'jir and the Deathwing fights, and because the execution was poor they scrap the entire idea ever again instead of trying to figure out why players didn't enjoy it. There are so many examples of this in WoW's development and is probably a big reason why a lot of the game feels very sterilized.
    Last edited by Irian; 2019-05-07 at 05:05 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I would rather it be a completely mechanical fight, we never actually touch him but do a series of things, to hurt him, reimprision him, with help from various different entities in the Warcraft Universe.

I want to see him on his full scale, and I just don't think us as players match up to that level of power and strength to physically damage an Old God by our own means
    Last edited by Evaddon; 2019-05-07 at 05:09 PM.