Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Eye of the Corruptor: HEY, LISTEN!

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Eye of the Corruptor: HEY, LISTEN!
    I love your concepts Golden Yak <3

Quote Originally Posted by reploid View Post
    While this is very possible, I don't think that this is how it's gonna end. As per all the datamining, we dont even get to fight n'zoth and 8.3 involves dragons, which i'd imagine has to do with space/time travel. Remember, Sylvanas is a strategist, but so is n'zoth. I think that Sylvanas doesn't know how deep the rabbit hole goes, and the king of diamonds is a pawn (magni), as is the PC up till this point. IMO 8.3 will set the stage for the next expansion, which involves us truly working our way to defeat nzoth, may even involve nyalotha. Not sure how it all goes down, but i'd imagine that n'zoth and azeroth are one and the same by the time we get to him. Sargeras was never trying to kill the baby titan, he was trying to kill the old god with the wound.

- - - Updated - - -

Like: Grom Hellscream, Illidan Stormrage and Morrigan?
    In 8.3, Sylvanas stabs Nzoth but he survives. "You should have aimed for the eye" he says, as he wipes most the living beings.
    In the next expansion the surviving heroes have to time travel with the help of an old ally to the point before the big evil got his powers and beat him with the 5 pillars of creation, thus changing the future present and finally putting an end to the threat

See what I did there
    Last edited by shiava; 2019-05-06 at 08:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    "Would it not be swell if Jaina non-canonically created frostmourne?"

What does that even mean? I mean, it would also be cool if Obama created the Frostmourne, non-canonically.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    Malfurion and Sylvanas about to have the most baller game of Plants vs Zombies though.

10+ Year Old Account
    This would be better than MoP 2.0, so it's probably out of Blizzard's reach.

combine this with "Sylvanas becomes a Shadowlands lord post-BFA"

Quote Originally Posted by Brewshine View Post
    I play both sides. So if they turn A dumb banshee in to Kerrigan 2.0 it would be double the disappointment for me.
    It will be disappointing for both sides anyway. They essentially wrote themselves into a corner.

They're already making the Alliance soften their stance on the war with the whole "well we still want revenge buuuuut I guess it's really more Sylvanas' fault and we kind of need to work together in the face of a bigger threat" thing. Whatever happens at the end of the expansion, there won't be any consequences for the burning of Teldrassil because they started shifting the blame.

The Horde will probably get Thrall back as the warchief so he can unite everyone again, which is honestly quite a lame copout. They've been giving us an illusion of choice here and there but it's obvious it's not going to amount to anything. They won't create various timelines for new content based on what choices people made. It will all converge into one ending that will inevitably not satisfy everyone. If they remove Sylvanas, there's almost no way Saurfang gets to survive.

Everyone will lose so that Blizzard can pretend like everyone won.

Anything that is not SoO 2 or unification under Anduin is welcome at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

But theres more, she couldnt act logically because there are old god spies everywhere and she wanted whole world to think thats shes crazy evil so when the right moment comes she can plot twist us back to nether.
    P.S. Nathanos is old god spy.

Quote Originally Posted by pppbroom View Post
    Her fanbase is immense
    We really need to think on this point though. I'm not doubting she's popular, but ask yourself, does every sect of her fans bring something to the game that wouldn't be actually a benefit to have scrubbed from the community?

Sylvanas evokes a broad range of emotions from players at a broad range of levels of intensity, but if WoW is telling the story that the hateful fires of the faction war are bad for the world and therefore the game, how much do you think they want team "YAY GENOCIDE! KILL THE BABIES! FACTION WAR FOREVER HATE HATE HATE" amongst the community? There are nuanced, mature players among Sylvanas' following, not disputing that, but there is the other extreme as well. Toxicity costs money. They will never tell players/customers "we hope you leave, you're bad for the game's vibe and that affects our bottom line," not directly, but that message can be sent by what they do to Sylvanas.

Old gods were never referred to as Kings so i dont think its referring to N'zoth.

King is lich king or magni (king of diamonds) or even anduin (unlikely).

Wasnt there a quote earlier about the King of diamonds being fooled?
    Perhaps Magni is in some way important to old god plans and him dying would be unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnosh View Post
    Going to have a hearty guffaw if Blizzard's writers are corny enough to have Sylvanas go all Arya Stark on N'zoth.
    Pretty sure if they do they would've had it written before that episode aired.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    Actually, N'zoth would NEVER refer to himself as a "King"...he is a God. King would be an insult. It is much more likely this line implies Sylvanas, the Bansheequeen, is threatening Bolvar, the Lichking.
    It makes some sense that Sylvanas would need the power of N'Zoth or at least the dagger to stand a chance against the Lichking. Many have forseen Sylvanas would go after the Crown of Command sooner or later. Still, that does not answer the most important question from above:
    If the void/N'Zoth considers Sylvanas a threat and wants her to die/fail....why is he doing EVERYTHING in his power to help her succeed? He has been sitting safe in this prison for thousands of years. Why would he INTENTIONALLY bring the dagger into Sylvanas' possession and expose himself to her now? It's not like Sylvanas can even get to him without the help of Azshara.
    it would be a hell of twist to turn everything from old gods, naga and azshara into Bolvar somehow, a hell of twist but dunno if would be a good one, seems too much nonsense.

but hey i doubt nothing at this point, there is some unfinished business with him and the red dragonflight.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Old gods were never referred to as Kings so i dont think its referring to N'zoth.

King is lich king or magni (king of diamonds) or even anduin (unlikely).

Wasnt there a quote earlier about the King of diamonds being fooled?
    Perhaps Magni is in some way important to old god plans and him dying would be unacceptable.
    Well we will discover that all the work we doing, and this is on PTR ain't really saving Azeroth, but weakening N'zoth's prison so this being said, Magni got fooled. The King of diamonds. "WOOOOUUUUNNNDSSSS"

Also: Someone is mining Azerite from the world's open woundssssssssssssssssss!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    Not likely at all. Sylvanas is Blizzard's baby and an unfuckwithable tactical genius. WoW gets its own Kerrigan now.
    "Garrosh compared to Sylvanas is an amateur" - Blizzard's words

Sylvanas is a mastermind. I'm hating her arc, and i don't think i can recover from it atm.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthiasVonTzeskagrad View Post
    I have the impression it is either a Kerrigan (it better not) or a WC3 Sylvanas, where she accepts the gift N'Zoth gave to her pretending to turn her into another vassal, just to eventually betray the god like she betrayed the dreadlords before.
    It would be some sort of middle term where she still is recognized as a massive douchebag, but still no Garrosh and opening the way for a Shadowlands expansion where she can ensure the future of the Forsaken, at the cost of her unlife or not.

"I think often about our future. hero. My people cannot reproduce. Are we not destined to wither away eventually?
    Not while I reign, not while there are still beings out there with the power to stop death"
    Could beingwith the power to stop death not mean more?
    I don't think it necessarily means a way to secure immortality for herself. I think she wants to remove the corruption from the world, and it's world of the dead. I think when she died her soul was imprisoned in torture. We don't know what she saw there, but I do think her plan isn't to kill the living.
    Lokann ogar!
    /brofist
    lotharion: "inserting the Lich King as a scooby doo villain didn't exactly make him scary in the slightest."

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    This plot twist is almost stupid enough to be canon.
    I really like how stupidity of potential plot development is a unit of measurement to judge whether it's likely to be canon or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    I really like how stupidity of potential plot development is a unit of measurement to judge whether it's likely to be canon or not.
    Well, Blizz have a track record of going with the dumbest option when writing stories, so expecting they’ll do it again isn’t all that far-fetched really.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Well, Blizz have a track record of going with the dumbest option when writing stories, so expecting they’ll do it again isn’t all that far-fetched really.
    I'm not disagreeing with what I quoted there at all, just finding it amusing the lore has devolved so low that this is the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Blizzard was always good at writing short stories, or video but really bad at long story with lost of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    I'm not disagreeing with what I quoted there at all, just finding it amusing the lore has devolved so low that this is the case.
    Yeah, i guess we just resigned ourselves to the inevitable, a sort of gamers' version of gallows humour...

Yeah yeah yeah.. So predictable. Find a corruption excuse and pardon her from all her atrocities. And at the end of the expac, Alliance are still gonna play the part of suckers, kowtow to the bitch and aid her in saving the world. Fuck off Blizzard