Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Patch 8.2 PTR - Tauren Heritage Armor Quest Chain, Ask Mr. Robot Class Guides

Patch 8.2 PTR - Tauren Heritage Armor Quest Chain
    The Tauren Heritage Armor quest chain is now available for testing on the PTR. It requires you to have a level 120 Tauren that is exalted with Thunder Bluff to start the chain.

• The quest "When Spirits Whisper" begins at the Orgrimmar Embassy. Spiritwalker Isahi informs you that Chieftain Baine Bloodhoof has requested your presence in Thunder Bluff.
    • Upon arriving, Baine explains that the spiritwalkers have been troubled lately by visions of chaos and turmoil, and the spirits have whispered your name. He asks you to meet with Spiritwalker Ussoh at Fargaze Mesa in Camp Narache.
    • At the top of the mesa, you are instructed to sit and commune with the ancestors by lighting an incense. Upon doing so, you witness a kodo in dire pain and Ussoh says that must mean the spirits are issuing a warning. He suggests you enter the spirit realm at once and tells you to meet him at Sun Rock Retreat in Stonetalon Mountains.
    • There, you begin the ritual and are tasked with meeting with your spirit guide on the other side, which turns out to be the kodo from the earlier vision. You follow it up a nearby hill in the spirit realm, and eventually it is attacked by a a void spirit, who sends its minions upon the guide. Upon defeating them, the spirit retreats through a portal and the kodo guide reveals itself as an ancient chieftain, Iti. She says the spirit realm is out of balance with dark spirits crossing over into the mortal world. She tasks you with warning the Tauren.
    • Ussoh says that having a spirit guide that is a chieftain is a great honor, and tasks you with heading to Bloodhoof Village in Mulgore to stop the spirit attack.
    • All of Mulgore is shrouded in darkness when you arrive. You reach Bloodhoof Village and rescue it from the attacks, but are then pulled to Thunder Bluff by Baine sounding the horn that it is under attack.
    • When you arrive, you help Baine take down the spirit from Stonetalon Mountains with the help of your ancestor. Periodically throughout the fight, Chieftain Iti will appear with a glowing circle around her. Standing in it grants you a stacking buff that increases your damage by 100%.
    • When you defeat the spirit, Baine tells you to get rid of it for good, but he is interrupted by the spirits of his father, Carine, and his mother. Cairne tells him that they have already saved the spirit realm and balance is needed between light and shadow to see what lies before us. Baine pleads for them to stay and talk, but Cairne says that is for another time. The two fade after telling Baine that they are proud of him and continue to watch over him.
    • Baine then sends you to a nearby cliff to light an incense to honor the ancestors. Upon doing so, your spirit guide Iti appears and grants you the Heritage of the Taur-ahe (Ancestral Chieftain's Armor). You also receive the Ancient Tauren Talisman, which summons your spirit guide for a brief moment.

New Ask Mr. Robot In-Depth Class Guides
    Ask Mr. Robot has just released a blog detailing their new class guides. These guides use data to share multiple ways to talent and play a spec that are viable.

CTRL+C -> CTRL+V -> Edit names and colors

15+ Year Old Account
    Heritage... Alot of work for the 3 ppl that use it. We need content not rp armors

Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    Heritage... Alot of work for the 3 ppl that use it. We need content not rp armors
    this.

and with content we mean quality content instead another cheap shit like 5 more WQs or whatever.

I did the Tauren Heritage armor on the PTR. right now it does not have the totem included in the armor. Also, your spirit guide isn't always a kodo. I got an ugly low rez Antelope. SMH.

Well of course the head piece would clip...

I like them armours and the story behind them. It's not wasted on me.

So make that 4, I guess?
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

>2019
    >Using AskMrRobot

Ok

wow upgraded highmountain heritage set, definitely wow

I agree those 3 million people will be enjoying it for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    How does that totem work? I mean, it a transmog for your back? and what happens to weapons like bows, staves, big swords or maces etc.?

Did they just copy the text from WoWhead?

It even mentions the Kodo despite we later learning that the animal is randomly chosen.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephire View Post

So make that 4, I guess?
    If my druid would been tauren, I would use it for sure If I wouldnt already racechanged to highmountain
    But im alliance for now so
    Asus Sabertooth 990FX 2.0 | AMD FX-8320 @ 4.5GHz | Corsair H80i | 2x8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz Cl9 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB Vapor-X GHz Edition |
    XFX ProSeries XXX 850W | Fractal Design Define R4 | Samsung 840 ProSerie 256GB | 3TB HDD

Quote Originally Posted by Daikoku View Post
    >2019
    >Using AskMrRobot

Ok
    It was never actually all that bad, just people used it wrong then moaned and it got a bad rep . Its ok if you want to just check azerite quick or get a rough idea. Tested it a few times and majority of the time it gets me within 100dps of raidbots best list. It just works different to simcraft not all on stat weights but real data iir (combat logs).

Whole heritage/allied race stuff in general is quite flawed.

Allied races especially when only 5% of the population is touching them and which begs the question how many of those people actually levelled because I rarely see people in the armor.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephire View Post

So make that 4, I guess?
    i leveled a Mag'har orc specifically for the heritage armor.

What content would you replace it with?

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Wattmate View Post
    It was never actually all that bad, just people used it wrong then moaned and it got a bad rep . Its ok if you want to just check azerite quick or get a rough idea. Tested it a few times and majority of the time it gets me within 100dps of raidbots best list. It just works different to simcraft not all on stat weights but real data iir (combat logs).
    You say it's not that bad, and but you have no idea why it got a bad rep?
    It wasn't people using it wrong, it legitimately gives wrong information, the rotations it uses are wrong, the recommendations are wrong. Class communities have spent a lot of time going through AMR to write up lists of things that were incorrect on it.

Worth looking through rets one, they had a list of around 80 errors AMR has for ret pally alone. Which they tried to contact and sort out with AMR, and got ignored.
    All specs have a similar situation to that.

Everyone should be warned against AMR, and aim to use raidbots. Why use something that's often incorrect but can fluke it and be right, over something that just IS right?

Raidbots also doesn't work off stat weights. You're extremely misinformed. And AMR works off a basis of their incorrect APLs (proven to be incorrect) on top of combat logs going off ilvl percentile (not real percentile, they pick a random person doing well for their ilvl bracket when someone at 413 can sim 24k or 29k).

AMR is that bad, because it's meant to help to decide the optimal gear to use, and all its ways of going about that, are flawed. Everything it does is flawed because they're trying to do a care bear "real scenario" system, and they're just getting it wrong over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Whole heritage/allied race stuff in general is quite flawed.

Allied races especially when only 5% of the population is touching them and which begs the question how many of those people actually levelled because I rarely see people in the armor.
    i dont get why you keep comming to this forum when is clear you hate the game.

But you couldnt be more wrong, just for the look on my server there are multilpel void elf and Dark Iron and now Kultirans moving around, the less popular u could said is Light forge Drenai.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    What content would you replace it with?
    no meter what content blizzard made the will bitch about, that what this forums become now.

Wait till patch 8.2 droop and they will complain how they need to farm stuff on Mechagon or how bad the essence system is.

WoW community become a super picky community is never happy and they always complain.

Probabbly the heritage armor are one of the most cool race thing introduce on game since the racial mount from pvp back on MoP.
    Im glad blizzard ignore this forum
    Last edited by dranlord; 2019-05-06 at 12:11 PM.

The day that Raidbots stops treating tanks as second-class citizens compared to the almighty DPS is the day I consider using them instead of Ask Mr. Robot.

I mean, I probably won’t even on that day, because Raidbots will still be a symptom of a terrible “have the mindset of Method or get out” philosophy and Ask Mr. Robot will still be the cure for that, but I’ll at least consider it.