Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by psiko74 View Post
    What dps class should i play if i want a raid spot? I dont remember much about vanilla, i played a lock and it wasnt very fun.
    Really depends on the guild you are in. In my raiding guild in Vanilla we had a ton of mages. So many that I couldn't guarantee each of them a spot in the raid. I was the Mage Class leader...so I always had a spot if I wanted it. We also had many Warlocks and Shaman...and not all of them got to go all the time either. Not many Rogues or Warriors...so the ones we had were guaranteed raid spots. Other guilds will have different compositions though...you might find yourself in a guild that is heavy on Warriors/Rogues and light on Mages/Shaman. There is no real way of knowing off the bat which class will get you a raid spot.

Some people will say there is always room for more of "X" class...problem with that is that if everyone rolls "X" class than there will be a shortage of other classes...and all of a sudden those classes will be the ones in demand.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Fury. Exceptionally versatile and top notch tanking/dps capabilities. Probably most fun class to play in Vanila if you are narrow minded to only tank or dps and can actually play it well. Stance dance is amazing, one of the higher skill cap classes. I missed my AQ geared alt and next expansions it wasnt the same. Druid took over.
    A fury/prot build is enough for tanking early dungeons/raids and easy gearing process becouse everyone will be looking for tank. Don't have to spec into tanking to be effective fully.
    Last edited by Sorcereria; 2019-05-07 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    As I previously said, you're going to see a fair few people that hasn't even looked at anything WoW related for the past 12 years, besides expansion announcements.
    You can't apply private server statistics to something like this, it fundamentally doesn't function as the servers themselves will attract a lot more people that AREN'T private server players.

A lot of =/= all.
    So you're assuming that the words I specifically used in my sentence was in fact completely different words that you decided to use in order to twist my post into something fitting your narrative in an argument where you have nothing to add.
    Quite an assumption, and if you ask me, not solid at all.

I'll bet you $1,000 USD that the class % breakdowns on classic are within 1% variance of private server statistics.

Because you're also forgetting, the class % breakdowns in vanilla WoW were pretty much identical to what we're seeing on private realms as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WashedUpRaider View Post
    I'll bet you $1,000 USD that the class % breakdowns on classic are within 1% variance of private server statistics.

Because you're also forgetting, the class % breakdowns in vanilla WoW were pretty much identical to what we're seeing on private realms as well.
    I'll hold you to that.
    If it's more than 1% variance then I'll message you my paypal account.

I'll hold you to that.
    If it's more than 1% variance then I'll message you my paypal account.
    I'll make sure to do the same. What time frame are we setting? First 6 months? Through phase 2, 3, 4, 5? When naxx is cleared?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    every class has a raid spot

Besides the fact that we've established that you couldn't even comprehend what you were reading, you were assuming that I was saying something that I wasn't in the first place.
    So in fact, again, what you've done thus far have been nothing but assuming and bitching.
    Oh and I forgot, you tried to correct a sentence by proposing an alternative which is the same exact sentence except switched around. Which was the entirety of every single one of your posts.

Because you couldn't comprehend English.
    It's amazing how personal you're taking this, where you can't admit that you didn't understand my post in the first place, proceed to assume I'm saying something else, then adamantly insist that what I wrote and meant wasn't actually what I wrote and meant.
    You don't have many friends, do you?
    Besides the fact that I was asking for clarification on a badly worded sentence, you were trying to justify it was rightly structured up until the point you started to complain I'm just emphasizing on grammar (which you touched upon first, by the way).

So in fact, what you've done thus far has been nothing but throwing insults since reply #1.

Oh and I forgot, I corrected your sentence by switching the place of the phrase "a lot of" which changes the meaning of the statement. Which was the whole point.

Because apparently, you either skipped the first grade of primary school, made a mistake and are too proud to admit and clarify it, and/or perhaps English isn't your first language.
    It's amazing how personal you're taking this by getting SO defensive throwing insults every reply since, again, reply #1. Where I literally asked for clarification of a badly structured sentence, which turned out to actually mean something else. Shocker.
    And then, yet another shot at belittling me asking if I have any friends, keep it up. I'm simply continuing just to see how low you can reach though I should simply block you and move on at this point lol. Newsflash, it's getting really pathetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WashedUpRaider View Post
    I'll make sure to do the same. What time frame are we setting? First 6 months? Through phase 2, 3, 4, 5? When naxx is cleared?
    I think first 6 months would be a good timeframe, would be long enough where most of the playerbase will have stabilized for the foreseeable future atleast.

Quote Originally Posted by Razzako View Post
    Besides the fact that I was asking for clarification on a badly worded sentence, you were trying to justify it was rightly structured up until the point you started to complain I'm just emphasizing on grammar (which you touched upon first, by the way).

So in fact, what you've done thus far has been nothing but throwing insults since reply #1.

Oh and I forgot, I corrected your sentence by switching the place of the phrase "a lot of" which changes the meaning of the statement. Which was the whole point.

Because apparently, you either skipped the first grade of primary school, made a mistake and are too proud to admit and clarify it, and/or perhaps English isn't your first language.
    It's amazing how personal you're taking this by getting SO defensive throwing insults every reply since, again, reply #1. Where I literally asked for clarification of a badly structured sentence, which turned out to actually mean something else. Shocker.
    And then, yet another shot at belittling me asking if I have any friends, keep it up. I'm simply continuing just to see how low you can reach though I should simply block you and move on at this point lol. Newsflash, it's getting really pathetic.
    So, yet again, your entire post is going "REEEEE I CAN'T UNDERSTAND BASIC ENGLISH".
    You have yet to contribute anything to the actual argument you were trying to butt into.

I don't really comprehend why people like you exist in the first place, as you can't possibly end up achieving anything when you spend your entire time arguing something that isn't even the point in the first place, and also the fact that you can't comprehend half of the shit you're attempting to read.
    It's facetious at best, but it's mostly pretty sad as you apparently can't let it go.

Ugh so many cringe "play what you want" "you are beatuiful the way you are" kind of answers.

The real answer is rouge, warr and mage. Thats the meta. That will maximize your chance of a raidspot.

My personal take: Mage rotation in pve is absolutly braindead. 1button frostbolt spamm 2.5sec cast.
    and in aq/naxx 3sec fireball spamm with the occasional scorch to keep the 30sec debuff up.
    Id pick rogue or warr for the more enjoyable dps rotation.
    one plus for mage thou is that they are byfar the best choice for dps in dungeons. good cc, good dps, frostnova can save so many situations in dungs, ranged interupt (not that many classes got that in vanilla), food/water.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

High Overlord
    5+ Year Old Account
    I started playing in wrath, but have played ever Since. That doesn't mean I have no idea what I am talking about, just because I didn't play in classic. FYI: WoW was originally designed with the casual player in mind, Blizzard has even stated as much. There are more opinions in the world than yours & not everyone is going to lazer focused on raiding. It is a game after all & some people like to have fun with it.

So, yet again, your entire post is going "REEEEE I CAN'T UNDERSTAND BASIC ENGLISH".
    You have yet to contribute anything to the actual argument you were trying to butt into.

I don't really comprehend why people like you exist in the first place, as you can't possibly end up achieving anything when you spend your entire time arguing something that isn't even the point in the first place, and also the fact that you can't comprehend half of the shit you're attempting to read.
    It's facetious at best, but it's mostly pretty sad as you apparently can't let it go.
    Aaaand the hostility still ongoing, quite befitting of a manchild though, the "REE" expressions just adds up to that as well. It's almost like you're straight out of a meme.
    And yup, It's often hard to comprehend paragraphs written by stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Ugh so many cringe "play what you want" "you are beatuiful the way you are" kind of answers.

The real answer is rouge, warr and mage. Thats the meta. That will maximize your chance of a raidspot.

My personal take: Mage rotation in pve is absolutly braindead. 1button frostbolt spamm 2.5sec cast.
    and in aq/naxx 3sec fireball spamm with the occasional scorch to keep the 30sec debuff up.
    Id pick rogue or warr for the more enjoyable dps rotation.
    one plus for mage thou is that they are byfar the best choice for dps in dungeons. good cc, good dps, frostnova can save so many situations in dungs, ranged interupt (not that many classes got that in vanilla), food/water.
    Warlock is a solid pick as well, even more so if alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfrostzero View Post
    Again, every spec can raid. Some guilds will look for an oddball spec to do the things they bring to the table. Maybe you should understand how raiding in classic actually worked before commenting?

Classic basically required you to be at your keyboard to succeed. Be at your keyboard and you'll get a raid spot. Same as today. Most guilds don't and will not have the luxury of passing people by, especially in hard 40 mans. Arguably, they could be done with 25-30 people up until AQ40/Naxx though.
    This generally only applied to Molten Core. BWL and beyond you needed more than just "bodies"

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Disc wand dps

Quote Originally Posted by Zappidoo View Post
    This generally only applied to Molten Core. BWL and beyond you needed more than just "bodies"
    I didn't raid AQ40 or Naxx, which I know were a bit more intense, but from what I've ever heard there was still a lot of slacking going on in most guilds.

MC/BWL/AQ20/ZG/Onyxia and world bosses could be completed with a large degree of slacking off. My guild at the time was extremely casual (didn't care about consumables or world buffs) and we did just fine.

With gear being released at it's 1.12 version, a lot of things will be stronger than they would have been originally which would make entering BWL with MC gear a lot easier than it was back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Daikoku View Post
    Playing a class you dont want only beacuse it is busted for PVE is a huge mistake.
    I'd say the opposite. I played a class and spec I wanted to, refusing to do anything else or make any concessions in that regard. The entire reason I'm coming back to classic is because of how well that turned out for me.

I'm a damn capable player with multiple orange parses across every raid tier since legion released (after a long break from mid cata to start of legion). That won't be good enough to get me a raid spot as something stupid like lolret. The raid leader will MAYBE take his one IRL friend who likes ret. That's it. To get spots as scrub specs, you will either have to know someone, or participate in a similarly scrub guild and enjoy the incompetence that comes with it.

So, no. Playing a spec to fulfill your dreams of raiding is exactly what I plan to do, because I made the mistake you're talking about once already and have absolutely no desire to make it again.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by psiko74 View Post
    What dps class should i play if i want a raid spot? I dont remember much about vanilla, i played a lock and it wasnt very fun.
    Hunter is good as you can bassicly just auto attack, its rather strong

Mage is the strongest caster dps, right out their mass damage is insane, also they stack well, also as their main damage is frost, the first 2 raids have no resist to them, and the raids after are good with fire.

Rogue is one of the best melee dps, again simply just auto attacking with the odd spell here and there, they are very powerful

warrior is pretty close, they are not as good as rogue, but you usually wanna run 75/25 (rogue/warrior) so you dont have a TON of rogues competing, and so your warriors can switch if you need more tanks, or your tank doesent need a piece of gear.

Warlock is the second choice for casters, they have less dps then mage, but they can go FOREVER, and most groups will bring ATLEAST 2-3 (curse of ele, shadow, and then weakness/tongues) after that most groups wont bring locks over a mage. You need a few for some fights like Garr, the more warlocks the better to keep the adds banished to get them one at a time, and stuff like healthstones, soulstones, etc. But some groups may bring more, as they can do good damage, but a mage will always be more welcome, a warlock will just fill an empty spot.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post

Honestly Rogue isn't even meta once you get into AQ40ish. Mages and Warriors are the god classes of vanilla, period. If you want to play a meta class that will always be welcome in a raid, regardless of how many they already have, Warrior and to a slightly lesser extent Mage are the "correct" choices. There isn't even an argument otherwise.

I say this as someone who plans to main a Hunter, easily the worst DPS class in vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    So eager you are to jump ontop of perceived fallacies, desperate and thirsty. Alas, it was merely a typo.
    15+ years, including the original beta.
    And you seem rather intent on lashing out against any percieved slight, even if you did make a factual mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    I'd say the opposite. I played a class and spec I wanted to, refusing to do anything else or make any concessions in that regard. The entire reason I'm coming back to classic is because of how well that turned out for me.

I'm a damn capable player with multiple orange parses across every raid tier since legion released (after a long break from mid cata to start of legion). That won't be good enough to get me a raid spot as something stupid like lolret. The raid leader will MAYBE take his one IRL friend who likes ret. That's it. To get spots as scrub specs, you will either have to know someone, or participate in a similarly scrub guild and enjoy the incompetence that comes with it.

So, no. Playing a spec to fulfill your dreams of raiding is exactly what I plan to do, because I made the mistake you're talking about once already and have absolutely no desire to make it again.
    See where is the problem/mistake?

You start with " I have multiple orang-- " nobody cares, I mean 90% of people that want playing Classic is because they want to play a MMORPG not the epeen Fiesta, otherwise they would stick with live and grinding those top 100 spot where the real challenge is.

Not Vanilla where 5/7 raids are huge elite with less mechanic than Freehold, and I'm counting both Perky Pug and Pig RP.

People want to play whatever they want and there will be ofc the usual Cutting Edge Hardcore guild that will stomp the content with their amazing Warrior Rogue stacking + Windfury Totem o multiple Mage/Lock and BoSalvation

But beside raids? People will still play Retri, Prot Pala, Shadow, Boomkins, Melee Hunter, Elemental or Enan in PvP or PvE ( dungeon with no doubt ) the issue will be raid

But guess what? Until we see the Beta we cannot really see how truly are all the spec since not everybody seems to understand that Private server are a cesspool full of bugs where Bosses had 0 armor, spell didn't work properly and mechanics where twisted.
    Ofc ofc I don't expect to see Retri outdps a War, let's be real, but I would not be surprised if some hybrid spec will be re-valuate after we get our hands on Beta and start to Theorycraft through Raidbots or similar.

On paper JoC Stacking could output a huge DPS but on Private Server there are so many bugs that is impossible to test it properly

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    And you seem rather intent on lashing out against any percieved slight, even if you did make a factual mistake.
    Nah, bud. Just having a good laugh at people prioritizing "I must discredit this person!" over anything else. You'd know if I was actually lashing out.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.