Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    3+ Year Old Account
    Where your bleeding heart liberalism meets reality
    Quote Originally Posted by psiko74 View Post
    What dps class should i play if i want a raid spot? I dont remember much about vanilla, i played a lock and it wasnt very fun.
    Warlock or Healdruid should pretty much guarantee a raid spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Donatello Trumpi View Post
    You mean Innervate-Bot.

3+ Year Old Account
    Be a gnome mage!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Play a class you enjoy. Period. Then work to get the best gear you can, make sure you are always prepared with all the consumables and such. And lastly, show up and be dependable and don't complain about who gets what gear.

You will get a raid spot.
    It depends if you want to just raid in a guild that clear content at a slow pace, have frustrating wipes because half the people do not care or are playing sub-optimal classes or you want to log on be with a group of likeminded, progression oriented people who want to kill stuff. Make your choice. Column A listen to Maudib(PS he has been wrong over and over again) or Column B Play Mage, Rouge or Warrior(remember as a warrior you are also an offtank and can tank instances with only a gear swap) and enjoy raids.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Donatello Trumpi View Post
    Healdruid not so much as hot stacking was not a thing and you only needed 2. If you are picking a healer Dwarf Priest is basically a guaranteed raid spot. Warlock depending on the raid comp you would either get the 2 warlock raids(for COE and COR) or you get the 4+ Warlock raids where you get Shadow Priest Debuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    It depends if you want to just raid in a guild that clear content at a slow pace, have frustrating wipes because half the people do not care or are playing sub-optimal classes or you want to log on be with a group of likeminded, progression oriented people who want to kill stuff. Make your choice. Column A listen to Maudib(PS he has been wrong over and over again) or Column B Play Mage, Rouge or Warrior(remember as a warrior you are also an offtank and can tank instances with only a gear swap) and enjoy raids.

- - - Updated - - -

Healdruid not so much as hot stacking was not a thing and you only needed 2. If you are picking a healer Dwarf Priest is basically a guaranteed raid spot. Warlock depending on the raid comp you would either get the 2 warlock raids(for COE and COR) or you get the 4+ Warlock raids where you get Shadow Priest Debuff.
    I plan on trying to join a Naxx40 guild. I will probably play rogue or mage.

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    every class has a raid spot
    Every class yes, every spec NO

Mages and Rogues are the top DPS classes without any gear, so those are safe bets in the early endgame. Just know that you'll be competing against a zillion of them for spots and especially for gear.

Want a raid spot? Heal as a Priest on alliance or Shaman on horde - you'll get raidspots at lvl 55 for MC

10+ Year Old Account
    This has had a week to work out and that should be enough. If the OP hasn't decided based on this, then it goes to show why these threads aren't terribly useful.

Closed.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."