Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by bloubli View Post
    Rank #1 dps as a healer is very different of rank #1 DPS as a dps spec. You just didn't understand the point, and a such comparaison would be not fair at all (10 000 players than try to max their dps on each clean against 20 healers that one time try to max their dps).
    So if it's only 20 players out of 10000 that can pull this off why do you care so much? Let them have fun in their niche, 20 players are not affecting you in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    I still don't get why Warlocks, Hunters, Rogues, and Mages are not the top 4 DPS all of their specs should be top and outdps any class that can tank or heal. If they cannot be top DPS then they have no purpose at all since that is all they can do.
    I agree, I've always believed that pure DPS should have the potential to always do more damage than hybrids, but alas, this is not the path blizzard chose.. they were too determined to attempt to homogenize all the classes and specs to make everyone happy trying to keep all the money roling in from current players while attracting more people who loved the idea of being able to heal well, dps well, and in some cases, even tank well on the same character.

I look forward to classic.. even though I played it originally as a warrior tank, I'll dps it as a mage when the simple truth is dps was good as dps.

- - - Updated - - -

It's easy to argue why it should still be a thing. Pure dps classes can ONLY dps, they should at least be able to do that better than hybrids, or at least as well..

Quote Originally Posted by Tycruise View Post
    Pure dps classes can ONLY dps, they should at least be able to do that better than hybrids, or at least as well..
    My Arcane mage sucks on conclave - because I don't do any dps when I'm running, hexed, counter spelled, chasing or running for a dinosaur etc etc etc.

Balance druid, Shadow Priest - dots are still ticking.

But I do really well on the Opulance and Gronk fights ...

In all cases - I'm always in the bottom 2 or 3 in damage taken though, and more often than not on a wipe the tank and I are the last ones standing.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    Look at the mages parse value though, they pulled a 34%, which is fucking garbage. So basically what you can take from this is that a single, weirdly geared resto shaman can outdps a garbage mage. There's nothing to see here.
    That mage clearly struggles as fire. If you look at all of their logs you can see they are a good frost mage and poor fire mage for the only fight they go fire for. That one mage isn't what the shammy is being compared to. If you were just looking to people in their raid people would be also talking about the 2 hunters and 3 dh that the shammy beat. The fact that shammy's parse would be top 100 for fire mages if it that dps value was plugged in as a fire mage says a lot though. Sure this is an extreme case but you can see plenty of other resto shammies that are beating or hanging with other specs dmg numbers. Odd things do happen at times though and this is clearly an outlier.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Everybody who thinks that a healer spec can be this close to a dps spec should.. I dunno, I just don't want to play the same game as they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Orwell7 View Post
    Everybody who thinks that a healer spec can be this close to a dps spec should.. I dunno, I just don't want to play the same game as they do.
    Don't think anyone's saying that. OP was using it to show that fire mages were weak. We're arguing that it shows that Resto shaman was broken.

Regardless of this example, mages of all specs have needed a buff for months now. Blizz is being pretty ignorant about the situation.

I just want to make sure I have this correctly! I have finally chosen a Mage as my main in BFA (yes just now in season 2 haha) and they are shit dps at 400+ ilvl? Then may I ask why? I was trying to look at logs but do not understand them to be honest, and IF they are so bad, why will blizzard not fix/help them? Im just looking for some quick to the point answers btw not some drawn out reason why a resto shaman with dps traits can beat a frost mage hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Trydel View Post
    I just want to make sure I have this correctly! I have finally chosen a Mage as my main in BFA (yes just now in season 2 haha) and they are shit dps at 400+ ilvl? Then may I ask why? I was trying to look at logs but do not understand them to be honest, and IF they are so bad, why will blizzard not fix/help them? Im just looking for some quick to the point answers btw not some drawn out reason why a resto shaman with dps traits can beat a frost mage hahaha.
    IMHO

Mages have traditionally always been a very solid Ranged DPS class, as such, they got the least attention from Blizzard. Now in BFA, the Mage playstyle simply hasn't kept up with modern encounter designs. Combined with the removal of Artifacts and the dependence on Azerite traits, they class has become an INT buff. There really is no reason to take more than 1 Mage to your raid and even then, depending on the encounter, an INT scroll might suffice if you replace the Mage with a better spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Trydel View Post
    They arent.

People cant read logs, and even then, people dont understand what they are reading.

This particular thing on Jaina that OP is complaining about was/is the tactic because the boss was a pain and required extra DPS, and the healing cooldowns the Shaman brings, so the raids adapted.

Dont forget, Resto shamans have different base values to their spells, they hit harder than Elemental Shaman but they cant repeat (Mastery).

Even so, it takes two clicks to see the top resto shaman is still 15-20% behind the top mages, in a fight where its not the best for casters.

Also, Blizzard doesnt care to balance for log cheesing 5 months into the raid, all the balance happens for progress.

TLDR: Mage is fine, and you will be fine.
    Last edited by potis; 2019-05-31 at 03:23 AM.

People will say "mages are fine" but here is my experience and they sort of are, as in they play fine but.....I been playing a mage for 14 years, raiding everything as current(mythic/heroic). I got so sick of the sub par dps and ilvl disparity this xpac I rerolled a loc. My loc easily out dps's, or at the very least, is on par with my mage in dps in raids and the loc is 10+ ilvls LOWER. And doing that dps "feels" so much easier to execute. And no I haven't even tried Demo yet. My guild raids Mythic BoD (on last boss) and never brings more than one mage, so uh yeah...... Do what you will with that info.
    Last edited by Sariengrey; 2019-05-31 at 05:35 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Mages arent fine because we cant really move and dps when most fights require us to now. At least i feel useful on mythic stormwall.