Poll: High warlord / Grand Marshal grind?

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    High Overlord
    5+ Year Old Account

High warlord / Grand Marshal

How about this one? High warlord / Grand Marshal? Have you got it in you? I think not for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    No thanks, I value life too much.

And I don’t like PvP.

Also doesn’t the PvP gear from classic require a certain rank? As in if you drop below a certain rank you lose the gear? If so then I won’t be doing PvP at all. Maintaining a rank to keep using gear really isn’t for me.

Edit: Turns out the last part was only until 1.6.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2019-05-06 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    No thanks, I value life too much.

And I don’t like PvP.

Also doesn’t the PvP gear from classic require a certain rank? As in if you drop below a certain rank you lose the gear? If so then I won’t be doing PvP at all. Maintaining a rank to keep using gear really isn’t for me.
    You don't lose any gear.
    Last edited by tikcol; 2019-05-06 at 06:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    You don't lose any gear.
    Lose as in you can’t equip it anymore because your rank is below the required level.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    I'm not interested. I might do a few battlegrounds here and there, but if I remember right, you either had to no life the game for months or account share to get those ranks in Classic.

Lose as in you can’t equip it anymore because your rank is below the required level.
    No that isn't how it works.

I'll definitely PVP and probably even join premades, but I don't think I'm gonna go for R14. Some people that go for it on private servers (that I personally know of) play personally up to 19 hours a day (playing WoW in general this long and not just pvping) and some of them also do account sharing.

Neither do you lose the ability to use it. I have no idea where you got this idea from.. Probably some circle jerk of Classic haters.

In the beginning you were unable to buy it if you dropped below the appropriate rank but that got patched so it probably won't work like that.

Considering the gear will be released with 1.12 stats, I see no reason why you would need to buy it again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do miss healboting GM warriors. A RL friend got GM on a mage, so I know how the grind goes and what made it funny was his name was WasteOfTime and got trolled endlessly for it.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

You will be able to equip it after you lose your rank in WoW Classic. This was only a thing until patch 1.6 (one patch later basically where nobody had that stuff)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    No that isn't how it works.
    Could have sworn that was how it worked at some point. Well I might do a little PvP then. But not high warlord level.

No, you need a required rank to buy the gear or the mount (black color). You can still equip the gear even if you stop doing PVP at all.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    You will be able to equip it after you lose your rank in WoW Classic. This was only a thing until patch 1.6 (one patch later basically where nobody had that stuff)
    It didn't work like that. You were just unable to buy it if you dropped below the rank. You never lost the ability to use it.

I work full time now, so literally impossible. The only people I could see getting it have no job, aren't in school, or are a streamer full time.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Nope, just like in real vanilla times, I'll probably casually work my way up to rank 8 or so, but screw that noise.
    I have neither the time nor the desire nor the willpower to pvp 16 hours a day and/or account share to get there.
    Those who get it, and do so honestly (no account sharing), yay for you.
    I'll be the blood guard over yonder serpent stinging rogues out of vanish and loling as I nuke them into oblivion.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFaerie View Post
    I work full time now, so literally impossible. The only people I could see getting it have no job, aren't in school, or are a streamer full time.
    Yes, for rank 14 or even 13 you'll need to be at the top brackets for a few weeks straight. Even with a long vacation from work it's next to impossible if you work full time. Maybe if you manage to sleep 2 hours a day and eat/drink & shit in your chair.

If you ask me, shitting in your chair is worth rank 14
    Last edited by tikcol; 2019-05-06 at 06:27 PM.

I did that in vanilla when I was like 14. Can't do that shit now as an adult.

Funny how the vote is "yes I'm awesome" when it didn't require any skill.

Dear gods no. I knew someone on the server who did it in classic. He talked about taking time off from school to do it, among other things. I don't have that sorta time anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Funny how the vote is "yes I'm awesome" when it didn't require any skill.
    It's actually a very hard grind for some people. It requires a special kind of mental fortitude because most people dislike what they're doing. I've ranked with my fair share of people going for rank 14, and while I would stop at rank 13, I would watch some of those players becoming more of a mess every day that went by.

I can also tell you that some people that completed the grind kinda hated themselves for it and would quit a few days after doing it.

The most important aspect of ranking to 14 is finding a good group to do so with. Not just skilled people, but also a group of non-toxic players that understand the grind and everyone else that they're playing with