Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Any chance 8th Exp. goes back to MoP "fun" class design ?

Of the recent WoW expansions, meaning the last 3 or 4 expansions, I would put MoP and Legion at the top, and also those two overall as some of the better WoW expansions in general, and WoD and BfA easily in the worst category of all WoW time.

One of the biggest gripes about BfA is class design, and not getting too deep into that in the first post, many argue that MoP had the overall best class designs of more recent times.

And another thing I would like to see, going back to MoP gameplay design, would be Badges or Tokens needed to gear up, and THAT'S IT. You run the Raids, get tokens, and then go to a Tier vendor to pay for the new Raid gear via tokens you quire in said Raids.

- No World Quest garbage, ditch that whole thing
    - Island Expeditions, drop that like they never existed
    - AFK-Fronts, I mean WarFronts, yep gone. "Nuke em from space, it's the only way to be sure."
    - TitanForge and WarForge, disappear.

To gear up you'd have two options. Run Mythic+ dungeons, ( I know those weren't in MoP, but they are a good fun way to gear up ) And then MoP type of Raids with the tokens or badges. Lastly bring back Tier gear.

I did like Legion though, thought it was a great expansion, and MoP had great class design, would love to see a comeback of;

- Class Halls. I loved class halls, a unique area for specific players to hang out, and do your own class themed quests, and get certain rewards. I thought Class Halls were some of the coolest things added to WoW, why they ditched them after one expansion, I do not understand?

- Artifact Weapons, they weren't super great, but not bad at all either, with some improvement and revision, they could be brought back to be really good.

- Class design of MoP, which had fast rotations, and dps that hit like a freight train, and just very good feeling to your character. None of this Cool Down issue garbage, and slower rotations like now in BfA, and classes feeling, bring back the FUN the characters had in MoP.

So to me, I would love an expansion that was a combo of MoP + Legion, with revisions to fix what wasn't good.
    Last edited by Zorachus; 2019-05-07 at 03:09 PM.

I'd say chances are about 2%.

So all you want for max level PvE is raiding and mythic dungeons. WoD tried that, didn't go so well. M+ wouldn't have saved WoD, it wouldn't save this hypothetical expansion either.

It can go wherever the fuck they like as long as i have classic to play so i dont have to engage on that abomination retail has transformed into

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    so you want to ditch WQ without a proper replacement? you want what? dailies? pretty sure people bitched A LOT about MoP dailies that resulted in them removing dailies from WoD, then people bitched that the world is DEAD, nothing to do.

WQ's are fine.

World Quests are so repetitive, boring, and super easy, plus they give too high iLvl gear for such an easy thing to do. No way should WQs be handing out Heroic Raid iLvl gear which actually requires skill and time to obtain.

Remove World Quests altogether from WoW, the game did just fine for the first 12 yrs. without them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Going to assume a 0.5% chance.

10+ Year Old Account
    They've gone backwards SO much that there's basically no way for them to add enough depth to each class in 1 expansion. It will take 2-3 more expansions before each class feels as complete and satisfying as they did in MoP. We're essentially at the same depth as Vanilla/TBC class design right now in BfA.

That's assuming they have any interest in returning to good class design... which I have seen no evidence of thus far. They seem happy with their shallow Hack N Slash game design, instead adding complexity to M+/raid encounters. I prefer complex classes and relatively streamlined boss encounters, personally.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh going back to MoP class design? I think there's a real chanc--

*sees a laundry list of features to remove*

OH! You mean rollback to 5.3. 0% chance.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I don't know, maybe the next expansion will titanforge to be tolerable.

Oh wait...

Quote Originally Posted by seleri View Post
    So all you want for max level PvE is raiding and mythic dungeons. WoD tried that, didn't go so well. M+ wouldn't have saved WoD, it wouldn't save this hypothetical expansion either.
    But that's all WoW had ever offered for end game, even still in BfA. If you want to be i400+ geared, you either run M+ dungrons, or Raid. That's it. There is no other option to do in current WoW to gear up besides those two things.

Warfronts ? LOL, no. Island Expeditions ? Haha, nope.

PvP ? Ha never, if I want deathmatch gameplay, I'll just play Unreal Tournament or Quake CTF, or Battlefield instead. WoW is a RPG themed PvE MMO, it's not deathmatch
    Last edited by Zorachus; 2019-05-06 at 09:30 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    - AFK-Fronts, I mean WarFronts, yep gone. "Nuke em from space, it's the only way to be sure."

To gear up you'd have two options. Run Mythic+ dungeons, ( I know those weren't in MoP, but they are a good fun way to gear up ) And then MoP type of Raids with the tokens or badges. Lastly bring back Tier gear.
    OP wants Warlords of Draenor's design with M+.

Bold.

I really miss how in MoP all professions were still very important (and especially the secondary professions) and how it had a shitton of factions that were all very useful even when you were raiding, since you could purchase gear, recipes and bonus rolls.

As for class design I'd seriously go back to the MoP model where most classes still had a lot of depth and glyphs, but I'd also add in artifact weapons, but they should work like the old talents trees where you can't skill everything. And yeah I hope they get rid of Titanforging.

World Quests are fine though, but they could improve them a lot. They're basically just daily quests.

Warfronts and IE won't be continued after BfA anyways. They're specifically Expansion Features.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2019-05-06 at 09:31 PM.

Not even in the wildest dreams of the playerbase
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

I did like Legion though, thought it was a great expansion, and would love to see a comeback of;

- Class Halls. I loved class halls, a unique area for specific players to hang out, and do your own class themed quests, and get certain rewards. I thought Class Halls were some of the coolest things added to WoW, why they ditched them after one expansion, I do not understand?

- Artifact Weapons, they weren't super great, but not bad at all either, with some improvement and revision, they could be brought back to be really good.

- Class design of MoP, which had fast rotations, and dps that hit like a freight train, and just very good feeling to your character. None of this Cool Down issue garbage, and slower rotations like now in BfA, and classes feeling, bring back the FUN the characters had in MoP.

So to me, I would love an expansion that was a combo of MoP + Legion, with revisions to fix what wasn't good.
    Last edited by Zorachus; 2019-05-06 at 09:46 PM.

pretty sure d3 devs are designing classes now. that's why every spec has a special color resource they build and spend the same way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    Of the recent WoW expansions, meaning the last 3 or 4 expansions, I would put MoP and Legion at the top, and also those two overall as some of the better WoW expansions in general, and WoD and BfA easily in the worst category of all WoW time.

One of the biggest gripes about BfA is class design, and not getting too deep into that in the first post, many argue that MoP had the overall best class designs of more recent times.

And another thing I would like to see, going back to MoP gameplay design, would be Badges or Tokens needed to gear up, and THAT'S IT. You run the Raids, get tokens, and then go to a Tier vendor to pay for the new Raid gear via tokens you quire in said Raids.

1- I don't think they will drop WQ system, i think they will evolve it, for better or worse.
    2- Island expeditions are pretty much dead, i would be surprised if they managed to bring it back. But maybe they can do something with it.
    3- Ok, first, terrible joke. Second, yeah, they are dead. We have to see how heroic warfronts turnout, but these things are really dead.
    4- Disappear? I would not count on it. Scaled back? I could see it happening, even though I all in favor of both.
    5- I'm sure tier gear will be back, without the azerite gear hogging the gear slots, it would not make sense to keep tier gear on hold.
    6- MoP Class design? Yeah, I'm pretty confident it will be back sooner or later, they got the message pretty clear and, not only acknowledged the message, but talked hoe they are changing their views on the prunning.
    7- Tokens are kinda returning in 8.2 already and currency based gear has been in the game as of 8.1 too. The gear being from raids though, I'm not so sure.

MoP was one of my top expansions so I would love some sort of return to it, but legion was amazing too, so I would not want an carbon copy, but I want a solid foundation like MoP had, and then they can build it up from there with more interesting systems. I want to see more experimental things from blizzard, and I feel like Legion and BfA were both lab experiments, one that worked and one that... well... didn't.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

How many times exactly has the game been rolled back to a previous iteration?

There's your answer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    2- Island expeditions are pretty much dead, i would be surprised if they managed to bring it back. But maybe they can do something with it.

3- Ok, first, terrible joke. Second, yeah, they are dead. We have to see how heroic warfronts turnout, but these things are really dead.

If they're so dead, why is the average wait time for a queue to do them less than 1 minute even at 4AM...?
    Not enjoying them is one thing, I don't, but they seem to be pretty damned utilized.

Overall I'd rather see improvements made than removals, Titanforging being the only exception. Remove that shit. I don't expect Islands and Warfronts to be features of the next expansion, but the systems could be.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2019-05-06 at 09:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    How many times exactly has the game been rolled back to a previous iteration?

There's your answer.

- - - Updated - - -

If they're so dead, why is the average wait time for a queue to do them less than 1 minute even at 4AM...?
    Not enjoying them is one thing, I don't, but they seem to be pretty damned utilized.

Overall I'd rather see improvements made than removals, Titanforging being the only exception. Remove that shit. I don't expect Islands and Warfronts to be features of the next expansion, but the systems could be.
    When I say dead, i meant that they are not going to the next expansion most likely. At least not in the form that they exist now.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    When I say dead, i meant that they are not going to the next expansion most likely. At least not in the form that they exist now.
    Oh, that makes more sense then, since they more than likely won't be. If the systems are used, one can hope they're improved upon at least.