View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?

Voters
403. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dailies

    135 33.50%
  • World Quests

    268 66.50%
Page 1 of 17
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Dailies or World Quests?

    *EDIT* Should say Dailies.

    Fixed {ML}
    -

    So last two expansions there has been World Quests instead of Daily Quests.

    But which do you prefer now when you've tried both?



    I personally enjoy daily quests more, more fun especially with professions, I loved fishing dailies for example lol.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-05-07 at 07:28 PM.

  2. #2
    WQs, lets me keep going out into the world rather then always go to the same spot every day over and over and etc.

  3. #3
    Titan Daemos daemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    11,628
    It depends, I like say the mop daily’s a lot but I’d pick world quest over doing any of the cata tbc or even wrath daily’s again even when they were current. Over all I’d say world quest are a better system.

  4. #4
    World quests. But I'd like them to improve. We should have less of them, but more creative - fill the bar/kill bad guy should be rarity, not norm.

    Also I would shift all rep gains to emissary. So world quests would give 0 rep, but emissary around 2000. Otherwise people spam them like crazy and get sick of the world pretty quickly.

  5. #5
    World Quests. More zone diversity is huge. if WotLK had WQs it would have been a much better expansion.

  6. #6
    World quests are just dailies with the most boring steps (flying to the quest giver and turning in the quest) cut out. So you would really have to like flying around a bit more to prefer dailies.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    World Quests. More zone diversity is huge. if WotLK had WQs it would have been a much better expansion.
    Wrath has a ton of dailies that a lot of people forget. Icecrown alone had seven hubs I can think of off the top of my head, not counting the Argent Tournament. You could hit your daily cap there without touching any other zones. Thing was back then you could only do 25 of them per day. You had to pick and choose which factions you wanted to get rep with that day.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    World quests are just dailies with the most boring steps (flying to the quest giver and turning in the quest) cut out. So you would really have to like flying around a bit more to prefer dailies.
    Pretty much this. I asked in another thread earlier today where someone was calling for the removal of WQs cause "they suck" and I asked him what would he replace them with, dailies? I asked him, did going to pick up the quest and then having to return it make it that much better?

  8. #8
    World Quests are easier to sort. You just look at the map and see what's up. You also see the rewards from the map and you pick and choose which ones you want to do, not necessarily doing the same ones every day.

    I never used to do dailies back in WotLK, they felt like useless low level quests to me. So I'm very biased against them. I didn't play during Cata or MoP so I can't tell about those.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    World quests. But I'd like them to improve. We should have less of them, but more creative - fill the bar/kill bad guy should be rarity, not norm.

    Also I would shift all rep gains to emissary. So world quests would give 0 rep, but emissary around 2000. Otherwise people spam them like crazy and get sick of the world pretty quickly.
    If you move all rep to emissaries they'd need to be way more then 2000, WQ rep is already way worse then daily quest rep.

  10. #10
    They're exactly the same. I couldn't care less so long as they aren't an infinite grind, i.e. Artifact Power/Azerite.

  11. #11
    Dailies provided they inject more lore into the game and/or change as an expansion progresses(how are [Whatever] faction responding to [thing in zone or big bad making waves nearby]), even if it's just a one off quest and then you have the same ol' dailies for the rest of it.

    WQ otherwise.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    WQs, lets me keep going out into the world rather then always go to the same spot every day over and over and etc.
    ? those world quests repeat too. you're going to the same spots. WQs are just a rotating pool of daily quests that you don't pick up at an NPC anymore, and it really feels like that pool of quests isn't that large. Often doing repeated WQs.
    Last edited by huehuehue; 2019-05-07 at 07:20 PM.

  13. #13
    No reason to prefer Dailies over WQs. World Quests are simply the superior version of Dailies except the time you move to somewhere.

    Emissaries and other rep things are debatable.

  14. #14
    why not both?

    no seriously, why not add reputations that are just extra-story? I find it cool what they've done with reputations, but you're not even working towards exalted as doing WQ and emissaries award a lot of AP!
    Let's have some reputations that are just there for a single purpose like before, don't need for all reputations to be like this, just a few of them.

  15. #15
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Metachronopolis
    Posts
    27,952
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    WQs, lets me keep going out into the world rather then always go to the same spot every day over and over and etc.
    Why not both? I don't mind either. Would be fine to switch them out once in a while.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-05-07 at 07:29 PM.
    To contact global moderators with moderation issues please PM any of the following:
    Tziva ■ Radux ■ Simca ■ Elysia ■ Zaelsino ■ xskarma ■ Arlee ■ Venara
    Issues specific to WoW General Discussions/BfA/Classic can be sent to any forum moderator or globals.
    Please report problem posts. Site rules can be found here.

    “Music always has been, since ancient times, at least, something very close to rational thinking and to mathematics”- Iannis Xenakis

  16. #16
    While I prefer World Quests, claiming "they're just superior dailies" is a bit weird to me.

    Dailies had a set limit daily (hah). Like each hub would only have 4-5 dailies about. Each zone in BfA has far more world quests. While it's true you only have to do certain ones for the emissary, it still restricts you now to only making decent progression for that one reputation each day, while also flooding with world quests that give a trivial amount of rep but still adds up.

    I think dailies had a bit less of a push to grind it all honestly, while also allowing you to progress on multiple reps at once.

  17. #17
    World quests are just meaningless busy work. No story, no purpose.

  18. #18
    The Lightbringer City Pop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Charlotte
    Posts
    3,488
    I liked dailies more because they were tied to actual factions with their own little stories that evolved as you gained rep, as opposed to the generic zone factions we have now. It also felt cool having little hubs to go check on every day instead of just scattered, disconnected quests around the world.

  19. #19
    Suramar did the traditional rep building through questing routine, with world quests. It worked.

    The real issue is Blizzard abandoned the Suramar concept as a one and done.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by huehuehue View Post
    ? those world quests repeat too. you're going to the same spots. WQs are just a rotating pool of daily quests that you don't pick up at an NPC anymore, and it really feels like that pool of quests isn't that large. Often doing repeated WQs.
    Instead of "go to hub A, get the exact same 5 quests you've done every day for the past month" then "go to either hubs B or C and do the exact same 5 quests that are always up when that hub is up", repeat.

    Point A, point B, point C. At least with WQs you can chart a different route through the zone each time. For instance with me when I do Drustvar will it be fly north to the chapel then work myself south then east. Or do I come into the zone from Tiragarde? So on. Each time you sweep the zone for quests your path will be difference. Not so with dailies. With them you could probably program a bot to take you from A to B to C each day, only coming to the keys to fight and loot.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    While I prefer World Quests, claiming "they're just superior dailies" is a bit weird to me.

    Dailies had a set limit daily (hah). Like each hub would only have 4-5 dailies about. Each zone in BfA has far more world quests. While it's true you only have to do certain ones for the emissary, it still restricts you now to only making decent progression for that one reputation each day, while also flooding with world quests that give a trivial amount of rep but still adds up.

    I think dailies had a bit less of a push to grind it all honestly, while also allowing you to progress on multiple reps at once.
    They only had a set limit until MoP. And the "grind" for them was one of the biggest complaints in MoP. Since you HAD to do Golden Lotus until you were revered to unlock two other factions. Golden Lotus was THE point A, point B, point C thing I was talking about before.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •