Poll: Which do you prefer?

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Not even close:

Polishing the Helm
    You are to enter Hibernal Cavern west of Dun Niffelem and collect 5 units of Viscous Oil from the Viscous Oils there.
    You are then to return to Dun Niffelem and apply the oil to Hodir's Helm.

Blowing Hodir's Horn
    Blow Hodir's Horn over 5 Niffelem Forefathers and 5 Restless Frostborn corpses at Thunderfall.
    Niffelem Forefather freed (5) Restless Frostborn freed (5)

Feeding Arngrim
    You are to feed Arngrim 5 Disembodied Jormungar, then return to Arngrim's frozen image in Dun Niffelem.
    You must go to the Valley of Ancient Winters and use Arngrim's Tooth on the Roaming Jormungar there. Once they have become disembodied, you must fight them until they are weakened. Arngrim's spirit fed (5) Provided item: Arngrim's Tooth

Hot and Cold
    You are to go to Frostfield Lake, kill the Brittle Revenants there and use the Essence of Ice on the Smoldering Scraps at Fjorn's Anvil. You are then to collect 6 of the Frozen Iron scraps and return to Fjorn's Anvil in Dun Niffelem. Frozen Iron Scrap (6)

But if you never played WotLK... you wouldn't know about these and many, many other dailies out there.

I guess I have to ignore your second account as well.
    You had to take the Sons of Hodir quests as an example. I never felt so dirty doing quest in a video game. You forgot we had to Thrusting Hodir's Spear too.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

I don't think any of those systems are interesting to be totally fair. But i really have no idea of how we could fix this system, there has to be some daily content for people only playing 1 character, but I find it hard to believe it's fun game play for those people.

Dailies has a story to tell, world quests are just leveling quests thrown random at you. In my opinion it would be much better to have a weekly system where one zone is focused, and ALL over the place, not just in the current expansion... I mean, what's the point of having all those zones if they are not kept relevant.

Also they need more diversity and dynamic events.. faction assaults are a timer, nothing "excites" you from world content like a green dragon spawning out of nowhere and trying to get a group for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Daikoku View Post
    Also WQ rewards is already worthless

Gold nobody cares after 2 exp of ez gold
    Resources ROFL
    AP ok?
    Gear for ALTs unless you are wishing for TF
    Rep useless due to Rep begin useless since WoD

Sure Dailies had too some kind of similar rewards but

1 Gold were more valuable back the
    2 Rep meant something, Shoulders Enchant Example
    3 Some daily gave Currency ( I don't see WQ giving Residuum)
    Salvage/shard the az armor you get at 370 from wq and you get resid....or do you only mention the aspects that support your deliberate distortion of the facts at hand?
    Never believe you have seen the peak of human stupidity and ignorance, or you will constantly be surprised by the new levels the reach almost every day

There were also Dailis where you have to "collect" instead of kill, or both [collect and kill loot] so maybe think twice before begin toxic.
    You're just proving my point even more because a "collect" is still inferior to a "fill the bar" because filling the bar is a mix of killing and collecting. Idiot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thorbalt View Post
    Salvage/shard the az armor you get at 370 from wq and you get resid....or do you only mention the aspects that support your deliberate distortion of the facts at hand?
    Welcome to mmo-champ forums

They're the same goddamned thing with different spawn timers and varying amounts of rep paid.

WQs are just daily quests with quest "hubs" that appear once a day rather than every day and let you go back if you miss a couple of days.

They're both just quests, that your repeat out in the world, for faction and/or currency and are fundamentally the same fucking thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorbalt View Post
    The only one distorting is you assuming that everybody will shard their 400 instead of trying to luck out the right azerite traits, meanwhile it is still 1 WQ that gives currency and isnt always up so please, inhale oxygen and try again.
    Because you are trying to put on the same shelf, azerite gear and currency gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    You're just proving my point even more because a "collect" is still inferior to a "fill the bar" because filling the bar is a mix of killing and collecting. Idiot.
    And that is a total different thing because you are arguing on HOW complete it, while you clearly didnt remember that you could kill or collect obj even during dailies.

Insult is worthless unless you are trying to get banned, in which case I can only say GL

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    They're the same goddamned thing with different spawn timers and varying amounts of rep paid.

WQs are just daily quests with quest "hubs" that appear once a day rather than every day and let you go back if you miss a couple of days.

They're both just quests, that your repeat out in the world, for faction and/or currency and are fundamentally the same fucking thing.
    You have to explain that to the naive people that thinks that WQ and QUEST are one the opposite of the other.

The main difference between WQ and DQ is the system(s) around them.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    this is so funny to read

-----

@OP i would say BOTH but WQ like FF14 FATE that are WAY BETTER, i tried 1 week of FF14 and FATE or hunter log are something wow needs so much.
    FATEs are no different from WQs and dailies, after doing them for several months you get tired of them. The level syncing option is something that might work well in WOW.

Dailies. World quests are just random and have 0 story behind them. Also, it is satisfying to pick up 10 dailies and hand them all in at once.

Not even close:

Polishing the Helm
    You are to enter Hibernal Cavern west of Dun Niffelem and collect 5 units of Viscous Oil from the Viscous Oils there.
    You are then to return to Dun Niffelem and apply the oil to Hodir's Helm.

Blowing Hodir's Horn
    Blow Hodir's Horn over 5 Niffelem Forefathers and 5 Restless Frostborn corpses at Thunderfall.
    Niffelem Forefather freed (5) Restless Frostborn freed (5)

Feeding Arngrim
    You are to feed Arngrim 5 Disembodied Jormungar, then return to Arngrim's frozen image in Dun Niffelem.
    You must go to the Valley of Ancient Winters and use Arngrim's Tooth on the Roaming Jormungar there. Once they have become disembodied, you must fight them until they are weakened. Arngrim's spirit fed (5) Provided item: Arngrim's Tooth

Hot and Cold
    You are to go to Frostfield Lake, kill the Brittle Revenants there and use the Essence of Ice on the Smoldering Scraps at Fjorn's Anvil. You are then to collect 6 of the Frozen Iron scraps and return to Fjorn's Anvil in Dun Niffelem. Frozen Iron Scrap (6)

But if you never played WotLK... you wouldn't know about these and many, many other dailies out there.

I guess I have to ignore your second account as well.
    Well, not 20 but 26 mobs to kill lol

I personally don't see any difference between wq and dq in terms of what you do. It's always a variation of kill x things and/or collect/interact with x things. Progress bar is an illusion of old collect or kill 10 bear asses. The only tangible difference is how you start the quests which imo wq have the edge. Being forced to go to a hub to start/finish daily quests got annoying at times.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    FATEs are no different from WQs and dailies, after doing them for several months you get tired of them. The level syncing option is something that might work well in WOW.
    What is level synching option?

Regarding FATEs i like the ""rng" of the event, you are doing your quest there and *puff* a FATE start right there where you are rather than opening the map and ofc the fact that is quite interesting for levelling.

15+ Year Old Account
    Never played Wrath huh?
    Clearly you didn't either. Because Sons of Hodir were go there kill X, go there collect Y. They are no different then the current world quests we have. There were rep reasons to do the reps at the start of the expansion as well. Many did them for the quick boost of gear. Or for profession items. So doing rep for rewarding rewards isn't gone either.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

The only one distorting is you assuming that everybody will shard their 400 instead of trying to luck out the right azerite traits, meanwhile it is still 1 WQ that gives currency and isnt always up so please, inhale oxygen and try again.
    Because you are trying to put on the same shelf, azerite gear and currency gear.

- - - Updated - - -

And that is a total different thing because you are arguing on HOW complete it, while you clearly didnt remember that you could kill or collect obj even during dailies.

Insult is worthless unless you are trying to get banned, in which case I can only say GL

- - - Updated - - -

You have to explain that to the naive people that thinks that WQ and QUEST are one the opposite of the other.

The main difference between WQ and DQ is the system(s) around them.
    You're dumb again because fill the bar are a mixture of collect and kill. You can collect. You can kill. You can do both. It's inherently less prohibitive. Jesus christ.

I can already tell that you're one of the spam report jackasses that live to be wrong and cry to mods.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Multitorix Davlen View Post
    I personally don't see any difference between wq and dq in terms of what you do. It's always a variation of kill x things and/or collect/interact with x things. Progress bar is an illusion of old collect or kill 10 bear asses. The only tangible difference is how you start the quests which imo wq have the edge. Being forced to go to a hub to start/finish daily quests got annoying at times.
    basically this.

There is no actual difference between Fill the bar and kill/collect x bear asses. Only your failure to understand

/
    You are just a kiddo that wasn't able to explain himself, got caught, and now is madding and insulting people instead of backing up and correct himself.

I even already said that WQ and DAILY are basically the same, even before you failed to write a post and had to go mad and insult, pretty pathetic.

The good thing about dailies is they would give 250 rep. World Quests tend to give less than half that amount.

You are just a kiddo that wasn't able to explain himself, got caught, and now is madding and insulting people instead of backing up and correct himself.

I even already said that WQ and DAILY are basically the same, even before you failed to write a post and had to go mad and insult, pretty pathetic.
    sure, fam.
    There was no backpedaling, you were just going "UH, YOU COULDVE DONE LOOTING QUESTS TOO AKSHULLY" like who gives a fuck about the myriad boring as fuck dailies in previous iterations. A quest to go to an area to kill x bears and a quest to find x loads of bear shit is still a 0/10 things to do quest, which is a fill the bar quest. You're arguing semantics over something 90% of the playerbase give literally zero fucks about it.

You're a red-shirt guy for things that matter to literally noone.

- - - Updated - - -

You can loot too if you kill 20 mobs are you drunk?
    actual quote from you

Like, who gives a shit

Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    The good thing about dailies is they would give 250 rep. World Quests tend to give less than half that amount.
    Not that reputation matter atm, you literally outgear any Exalted reward since WoD(?)

Not that reputation matter atm, you literally outgear any Exalted reward since WoD(?)
    since tbc actually but nice try

rep prob matters more cus it gates cosmetics.

since tbc actually but nice try
    That is false, now following me because you are again mad from before is not really helping making you look less than a fool but ok.