View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?

Voters
404. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dailies

    136 33.66%
  • World Quests

    268 66.34%
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ...
4
12
13
14
15
16
... LastLast
  1. #261
    Quote Originally Posted by Daikoku View Post
    What is level synching option?


    Regarding FATEs i like the ""rng" of the event, you are doing your quest there and *puff* a FATE start right there where you are rather than opening the map and ofc the fact that is quite interesting for levelling.
    FATEs only happen in preset areas, they do that to make sure they don't interfere with people who are questing.

    Level sync - You can not take part in FATEs that are too far below your level. When you level sync it brings your level down to match the FATE, you will only have access to the skills that you would have at that level.

  2. #262
    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    Congratulations, you are still irrelevant.

    It's not "but its not far off". It's impossible to get to heroic OR mythic ilvlv using only world quests and emissaries. It's a very lucky thing to even manage to make it to normal level, because REWARDS SCALE WITH YOUR CURRENT ITEM LEVEL. You can't get a 400ilvl azeite gear from emissary UNLESS you are at 400 ilvl already. The design is not to give you straight progression, but to provide you with different traits you might now currently have and/or titan residuum.

    You are stuck in the past. An item being purple, 'epic', call it whatever does NOT matter anyone. It hasn't mattered since WotlK. Stats matter. Passives matter. Traits matter. Item level matters. The fact that something is a 'rare' blue, epic 'purple' or legendary 'orange' means jack-shit at the end-game. You are still stuck in your vanilla WoW mentality of "if it's purple it's something you had to work for", which even back then wasn't true. There used to be lots of OP blue items, even greens.

    You are literally a spoiled child. You played the beta for 10 mins, got bored, now the game sucks and that's a fact cuz you said it.
    Just, stay quiet and play your classic in august or whatever.
    You level from somethinglevel to 120. You will have approx. 20-25 k gold. You buy "low" level crafted and boe items. Then your WQs are scaled up. Tadamm. Don't pretend it's hard to gear up. Now gear up for WHAT? Yes, that's an excellent question. For normals at least. How long was gearing up for normals in MoP in the first 2 patches? In Cata - first 2 patches? Etc. Maybe in WoD even. Not days.
    Yes, in Cata when DS came out everyone and their mother bought full crafted 377 PvP blue gear and then you spammed the 3 Caverns of Time dungeons and LFR and that was it. In the last patch of the expansion.
    Remember when fast gearing up was spamming bgs for honor gear?
    I'm not saying the game should be hard or anything like that. But WQs give crazy amount of epics just to keep people occupied. Or rather the illusion of it. It's too much. Even a blind man can see it.
    And this is why we don't have normal factions. Because ilevels scale up from time to time so "no need" to add new factions, new zones/hubs with new ilevel gear rewards. It sucks.

    I have never seen someone calling someone else a spoiled child because the supposed spoiled child wants "harder" rewards. Are yousure you know what you're talking about?

    Edit: btw my "hobby" is dog and animal training in general and if you would just dip your toes into it you could see how you are literally trained to do stuff nowadays in wow. And I don't mean that knowing this, you can't enjoy the game anymore. Games are for fun, tools are necessary to keep people engaged. But devs usually hide it well with imemrsion and gameplay fun. Which is not the case anymore, not with these world quests and the garrison mission table back then.
    Last edited by Lei; 2019-05-10 at 12:34 AM.

  3. #263
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Edit: btw my "hobby" is dog and animal training in general and if you would just dip your toes into it you could see how you are literally trained to do stuff nowadays in wow. And I don't mean that knowing this, you can't enjoy the game anymore. Games are for fun, tools are necessary to keep people engaged. But devs usually hide it well with imemrsion and gameplay fun. Which is not the case anymore, not with these world quests and the garrison mission table back then.
    That is nothing new though. Games have always trained you to do things. MMO's have always been about giving you things to do so you stay subscribed. They way they have done it has changed over the years from low amounts but insanely hard/long. To shorter rewarding content now a days. It is a sign of the changing world at large.

    WQ's are giving people an alternative to gearing up that is on their schedule. Epic's no longer mean anything in WoW and haven't for years. You don't always get a crazy amount of upgrades from WQ's. In fact you'll get very few upgrades once you get to a certain point and rely on emissary and other more limited paths.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  4. #264
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    WQs, lets me keep going out into the world rather then always go to the same spot every day over and over and etc.
    just the same spot and same quest 2 days apart instead of 1. Sometimes even less.

  5. #265
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Reposting for your benefit... clearly NOT go here kill X go there collect y.

    Polishing the Helm
    You are to enter Hibernal Cavern west of Dun Niffelem and collect 5 units of Viscous Oil from the Viscous Oils there.
    You are then to return to Dun Niffelem and apply the oil to Hodir's Helm.

    Blowing Hodir's Horn
    Blow Hodir's Horn over 5 Niffelem Forefathers and 5 Restless Frostborn corpses at Thunderfall.
    Niffelem Forefather freed (5) Restless Frostborn freed (5)

    Feeding Arngrim
    You are to feed Arngrim 5 Disembodied Jormungar, then return to Arngrim's frozen image in Dun Niffelem.
    You must go to the Valley of Ancient Winters and use Arngrim's Tooth on the Roaming Jormungar there. Once they have become disembodied, you must fight them until they are weakened. Arngrim's spirit fed (5) Provided item: Arngrim's Tooth

    Hot and Cold
    You are to go to Frostfield Lake, kill the Brittle Revenants there and use the Essence of Ice on the Smoldering Scraps at Fjorn's Anvil. You are then to collect 6 of the Frozen Iron scraps and return to Fjorn's Anvil in Dun Niffelem. Frozen Iron Scrap (6)


    No one.. and I mean no one, EVER used legion/BfA faction items for a "quick boost of gear" You ALWAYS could outgear those items from WQs/dungeons/chests/rares before you EVER got enough rep to buy anything from them.

    In Wrath, the shoulder enchants were considered a raid requirement. You worked to get them because you couldn't click on 10 squirrels and 15 nuts and be bestowed them for your hard work of 47 seconds. Profession items? Professions are 100% compoletely dead and worthless. Have been for many expansions.
    You should do some World Quests before comparing them. Everything you listed here is compareable to some of the World Quests we have now.

    Same shit, different story. In todays story you can choose among a greater variety than back in the day. You love classic don't you? And I mean that in a good way. Kill X and loot Y. It's the theme of vanilla WoW. Hey, it's the theme of WoW, 2004-2019. Nothing has really changed :P
    Horde bad, smash monkey. Who is a good monkey? You are!

    Wrath of The Bolvar too big for this forum. 10.0 confirmed?

  6. #266
    Quote Originally Posted by Zequill View Post
    What I liked about daily : They would, most of time, be in group of 3-4 quests in the same area, making it a better reward for the time traveled.

    What I like about WQ :
    -Emissary, you can either no minimal stuff and get most of the reward, or non-life them and get about 50% more rept then someone who only do Emissary.
    -You can choose which type of quest and/or reward depending what your prefer

    What I dislike about WQ : The damn % base quest. They could either give us more info on what give % and/or divide the amount needed by 2 or 4 so they are not as bad.
    Look at it this way. In the old world the quest might be: kill 10 trolls, smash 10 of their pots, kill 5 of them crawgs, and kill 2 named trolls. And all the pots are smashed by other players and none are up or guarded by tons of mobs so you have to wait or kill way more than you need to get to the pots. In the new system you're free to smash and kill anything and everything you see and you'll be done likely sooner than you would've been under the old way.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    You should do some World Quests before comparing them. Everything you listed here is compareable to some of the World Quests we have now.

    Same shit, different story. In todays story you can choose among a greater variety than back in the day. You love classic don't you? And I mean that in a good way. Kill X and loot Y. It's the theme of vanilla WoW. Hey, it's the theme of WoW, 2004-2019. Nothing has really changed :P
    Classic didn't have dailies. Once you did the one-time quests there were no more to do, unless you liked turning in runecloth. We had the Skettis and Ogri'la once we could fly in BC, then the Netherwing once we unlocked fast flying, and we could only do a grand total of 10 of them per day. Then last patch of BC added the Isle of Quel'danas, about a dozen quests there and in Outland, and raised the cap to 25 a day where it remained until MoP.

  7. #267
    Herald of the Titans BHD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    WMTown
    Posts
    2,837
    I vastly preferred the TBC model over WQs, the MoP version was alright too. WQs made rep factions extremely boring.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

  8. #268
    Dreadlord Alkizon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Strasbourg
    Posts
    971

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by BHD View Post
    I vastly preferred the TBC model over WQs, the MoP version was alright too. WQs made rep factions extremely boring.
    Mostly like this ^

    ...but I don't really see much difference here, except fact that, for example, world quests (well, or what preceded them in WoD) were taking and giving back mainly to "yourself" or "talking head from screen's bottom" (correct me if there is direct essential distinguishing feature, I'll be grateful) what is frank undisguised idiocy both from RP aspect point of view and logic in principle. Although I have repeatedly written about my attitude to this all.

    Can I choose "world dailies" wording?

    ---Edit---
    Apparently, people are talking about disproportionate rewards, this is certainly not good, especially considering that devs continue to create garbage with all-time raised ilvl bar and scaling/"forge" reward/world with you together with "paragon RNG system" (which makes them alike to achievements' problem, has disturbing factor; however, if talking about quote, I don't see direct problem in their fair amount, it's just you need to set your priorities right, which is good learning practice), but I already criticized it and this technically isn't directly part of similar quests' design. It's clear, of course, that it's more appropriate to replace in this case "material" rewards with certain currency, for which you can purchase items from respective vendors, whose products can be replenished over time, since described above systems are illogical in terms of game world design, artificial, unreasonable, but only it's look like that devs apparently doesn't consider it as significant disadvantage.
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2019-05-14 at 05:29 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

    __---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

  9. #269
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    You level from somethinglevel to 120. You will have approx. 20-25 k gold. You buy "low" level crafted and boe items. Then your WQs are scaled up. Tadamm. Don't pretend it's hard to gear up. Now gear up for WHAT? Yes, that's an excellent question. For normals at least. How long was gearing up for normals in MoP in the first 2 patches? In Cata - first 2 patches? Etc. Maybe in WoD even. Not days.
    Yes, in Cata when DS came out everyone and their mother bought full crafted 377 PvP blue gear and then you spammed the 3 Caverns of Time dungeons and LFR and that was it. In the last patch of the expansion.
    Remember when fast gearing up was spamming bgs for honor gear?
    I'm not saying the game should be hard or anything like that. But WQs give crazy amount of epics just to keep people occupied. Or rather the illusion of it. It's too much. Even a blind man can see it.
    And this is why we don't have normal factions. Because ilevels scale up from time to time so "no need" to add new factions, new zones/hubs with new ilevel gear rewards. It sucks.

    I have never seen someone calling someone else a spoiled child because the supposed spoiled child wants "harder" rewards. Are yousure you know what you're talking about?

    Edit: btw my "hobby" is dog and animal training in general and if you would just dip your toes into it you could see how you are literally trained to do stuff nowadays in wow. And I don't mean that knowing this, you can't enjoy the game anymore. Games are for fun, tools are necessary to keep people engaged. But devs usually hide it well with imemrsion and gameplay fun. Which is not the case anymore, not with these world quests and the garrison mission table back then.
    You've got very bad priorities in a game when you are salty about how other people acquire their gear.
    I don't know what you are talking about. I was normal raid ready in cata in max 2 weeks. It was never hard to be on that level.

    Fast gearing up for honor gear? Another vanilla fanboy detected. Leave your 12 years old fantasies behind.

    I'm done arguing the likes of you.
    Here's a proposition: If you manage to get 380+ ilvl by only doing wq's and emissaries in 2 weeks, i'll pay you for 30-day game time.

  10. #270
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Classic didn't have dailies. Once you did the one-time quests there were no more to do, unless you liked turning in runecloth. We had the Skettis and Ogri'la once we could fly in BC, then the Netherwing once we unlocked fast flying, and we could only do a grand total of 10 of them per day. Then last patch of BC added the Isle of Quel'danas, about a dozen quests there and in Outland, and raised the cap to 25 a day where it remained until MoP.
    Yeah I know, I was there. Meant how quests are done in WoW, not only dailies and WQs. Thats what dailies and world quests are, just normal quests named something else.
    Horde bad, smash monkey. Who is a good monkey? You are!

    Wrath of The Bolvar too big for this forum. 10.0 confirmed?

  11. #271
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Look at it this way. In the old world the quest might be: kill 10 trolls, smash 10 of their pots, kill 5 of them crawgs, and kill 2 named trolls. And all the pots are smashed by other players and none are up or guarded by tons of mobs so you have to wait or kill way more than you need to get to the pots. In the new system you're free to smash and kill anything and everything you see and you'll be done likely sooner than you would've been under the old way.
    .
    You would have 3-4 daily done by that point in your exemple while % count as one, and WQ that ask you to kill 1 guy are normally tag as rare and give you twice the reward so the effort / reward ratio is just not good. But it's my only issue about WQ, I orefer them over daily even with that.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

  12. #272
    Quote Originally Posted by Zequill View Post
    You would have 3-4 daily done by that point in your exemple while % count as one, and WQ that ask you to kill 1 guy are normally tag as rare and give you twice the reward so the effort / reward ratio is just not good. But it's my only issue about WQ, I orefer them over daily even with that.
    You seem to have completely missed my point. All that stuff I listed, the kills, the smashings, was all for one quest. In the old days you'd have to do exactly those things to complete the quest, so if the mobs were farmed or the items were smashed you'd have to just sit there and wait for them to repop. Whereas in the new system everything you do in the area counts towards progression. No more "I gotta gather 10 flowers but they've all been picked, gotta sit here and wait for more."

  13. #273
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    You should do some World Quests before comparing them. Everything you listed here is compareable to some of the World Quests we have now.

    Same shit, different story. In todays story you can choose among a greater variety than back in the day. You love classic don't you? And I mean that in a good way. Kill X and loot Y. It's the theme of vanilla WoW. Hey, it's the theme of WoW, 2004-2019. Nothing has really changed :P
    There are some similarities... but in dailies... you couldn't go and simply tag mobs other people are fighting and get credit. You couldn't skip killing the mobs entirely and just fill up your bar collecting the pickup items. And most importantly... there was a point you were FINISHED. You reached the reputation level your character needed... be that honored, revered, or exalted.

    Then you were DONE. You no longer had to repeat them ad nauseam throughout the entire expansion. It's called progression. Checking things off your list and adding new things. Today's WoW starts with WQs and ends with WQs.

    Dailies connected with the game, the storyline, and had sense of purpose. WQs feel disjointed, disconnected, even ones from the same faction often did not feel like I was progressing the story or my character. That was Legion.. maybe htey improved them in BfA but I highly doubt it.

  14. #274
    Both are just a bad way to expand content and drag out a sub.

    Real passionate devs would just have quests leading into quests, and long quest lines that lead into awesome rewards. Epic quests maybe 100 quests long.

    Nothing is less interesting than dailies, or WQ. It's content designed by people incapable of real content, designed for addicts.

  15. #275
    Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    What you also forgot to post (and I forgot to mention in last post) is unlike WQ, Sons of Hodir rep didn't require doing those quests at all. In BfA there is no other option than doing WQs. In WoTLK there was option to collect relics in dungeons and from mobs, then hand them over for reputation. So in WoTLK you had a choice of not doing them and you weren't time gated. Now there is no choice if you want rep.

    Also entire thing you've posted is irrelevant. Quests are quests. In WoTLK some quests sucked, in BfA some quests suck. Doesn't matter if they are named "daily" or "world", its same quest mechanic. Quest mechanics have evolved and that's completely unrelated to quests being dailies or WQ. WQ is just nicer interface for dailies, its not new type of quests and it doesn't magically make quests different.
    Yes there were alternate ways to earn reputation... don't forget tabard rep too when it was added! But again, you did everything to get your reputation... it was important. Now it's not. Then, once you earned your reputation... you could STOP... you achieved your goal, experienced the content more than enough, and could move on.

    Now, you don't... while there are new WQs added, you still have all the same old ones pop up to do... and because they scale the iLevel... you never are finished with them. Dailies, once you got your rep... were done unless you used them for earning gold. CHOICE. Now WQs are the open world endgame... ever shifting rewards to make you play the SAME content you have played since release.

    No thank you. When you think about it... who benefits from increasing iLevel for the rewards of WQ? The lpkayer who is sick and tired of doing the same thing for 2 years? Or the developers who can get by with creating less content?

  16. #276
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    There are some similarities... but in dailies... you couldn't go and simply tag mobs other people are fighting and get credit. You couldn't skip killing the mobs entirely and just fill up your bar collecting the pickup items. And most importantly... there was a point you were FINISHED. You reached the reputation level your character needed... be that honored, revered, or exalted.
    Because shared tagging didn't exist for much of dailies. You could group up and share kill credit. You could skip mobs entirely on collect portions of the quest if those mobs were cleared by someone else or if your server was populated enough to keep it clear (before the spawn changes to boost based on activity in area). There is a point where you are finished with World quests. When you did enough for the daily emissary, or you choose to be done. If you are not interested in the emissary rewards you don't have to do World Quests if you don't want to.

    You can check them off the list if you want to. People still repeated dailies for the gold even after hitting required reps. Just as people now stop doing World Quests when they have maxed out the associated reps.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  17. #277
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Because shared tagging didn't exist for much of dailies. You could group up and share kill credit. You could skip mobs entirely on collect portions of the quest if those mobs were cleared by someone else or if your server was populated enough to keep it clear (before the spawn changes to boost based on activity in area). There is a point where you are finished with World quests. When you did enough for the daily emissary, or you choose to be done. If you are not interested in the emissary rewards you don't have to do World Quests if you don't want to.

    You can check them off the list if you want to. People still repeated dailies for the gold even after hitting required reps. Just as people now stop doing World Quests when they have maxed out the associated reps.
    You are really reaching now to "make them the same".

    WQs are never done because they increase the ilevel available via them.

    Yes there are similarities... but they are entirely different as content, reward devices, and immersive activities.

  18. #278
    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    You've got very bad priorities in a game when you are salty about how other people acquire their gear.
    I don't know what you are talking about. I was normal raid ready in cata in max 2 weeks. It was never hard to be on that level.

    Fast gearing up for honor gear? Another vanilla fanboy detected. Leave your 12 years old fantasies behind.

    I'm done arguing the likes of you.
    Here's a proposition: If you manage to get 380+ ilvl by only doing wq's and emissaries in 2 weeks, i'll pay you for 30-day game time.
    You are wrong on so many levels it almost hurts to read.
    I didn't play in vanilla. I'm not really fond of vanilla, and I don't really care about classic either. I don't even care about LFR, in fact I liked them in Cata/MoP. "The likes of you." I don't care about what gear anyone else has. I care about how EVERYONE in the game gains "epics" way too fast, including me. I care about the pace of the game. Ilevel inflation, ilevel scaling. The psychology behind wqs and how it ruins the game. That is what I care about.
    You can't see clearly from your "vanilla lovers bias".
    Honor gear was very much a thing even in cata as quick gearing, because all other source of gear was limited behind daily activity. While today you can wait for 2 resets of wqs/day to hope for good ilevel gear pieces, that was NOT a thing before Legion.
    Last edited by Lei; 2019-05-10 at 03:25 PM.

  19. #279
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    WQs are never done because they increase the ilevel available via them.
    It still caps out. You are more likely to not get an upgrade from a WQ at a certain point. You rely just on the emissary. It is still optional because you don't need to keep pushing gear from world quests and emissaries. Just as you didn't have to do the daily quest cap each day if you didn't want to. But many did even after they were exalted because it was a source of gold at the time.

    They are only entirely different because it wouldn't fit your narrative to admit that they are the same. The only difference between the two is that one you have to pick up from an NPC and the other you don't.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  20. #280
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It still caps out. You are more likely to not get an upgrade from a WQ at a certain point. You rely just on the emissary. It is still optional because you don't need to keep pushing gear from world quests and emissaries. Just as you didn't have to do the daily quest cap each day if you didn't want to. But many did even after they were exalted because it was a source of gold at the time.

    They are only entirely different because it wouldn't fit your narrative to admit that they are the same. The only difference between the two is that one you have to pick up from an NPC and the other you don't.
    On the face they work the same. In the sense you complete "tasks" to get stuff. Everything else surrounded by them from immersion to badly affecting surrounding game systems is different and it's bad. in this thread everyone only cares about "wat, you go out, you kill dudes, and get stuff = same". People here are trying repeatedly explain how they are different behind the face of it, but people like you are still stuck on "kill dudes -> get stuff = same" .
    Last edited by Lei; 2019-05-10 at 03:39 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •