403. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dailies

135 33.50%
  • World Quests

268 66.50%
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daikoku View Post
    Look the link you posted one had dodge instead of hit.
    You don't even read your own resource.
    It is dumb to compare things in TBC because you could literally get crafted items and have them be best in slot for the rest or most of the expansion

https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/BC_t...ment_(warrior)

Is just a random list I found. I have no idea to how accurate it is. But it lists even a late expansion rep item being worse then Karazhan loot. In TBC it all came down to luck and if the specific BiS item dropped or not. It wasn't a steady advancement in gear that came in later expansions. The itemization was horrible but there certainly were drops that were better then rep items and you could possibly get the better item before you hit the rep required to purchase an item.

This isn't to say that there were likely a lot of people that made use of rep gear because of the higher barrier to gear in but it wasn't something that remained useful for a while. It shouldn't either. Rep gear should be nice for the start of the expansion as a stepping stone or a "Bad luck" protection. Catch up mechanics should replace it. Though the rep gear in BfA certainly could have been better at revered rather then the cap exalted.

Rep gear is the same as profession gear. It has a short shelf life of usefulness.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    The good thing about dailies is they would give 250 rep. World Quests tend to give less than half that amount.
    ^This so much

Quote Originally Posted by Trient View Post
    No reason to prefer Dailies over WQs. World Quests are simply the superior version of Dailies except the time you move to somewhere.

Emissaries and other rep things are debatable.
    World Quests are hot garbage (at a loss as to how you can even consider them to be superior to dailies).

- - - Updated - - -

Anyways, for me, I would prefer a return of the MoP style of dailies, i.e. the quests are tied to the region, the lore, and the representative faction. To me, MoP hit the daily system out of the park (excluding the August Celestials and Golden Lotus nonsense)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I'm not talking about the daily cap of 20 that was removed.

I'm talking about how each hub only had a certain amount and that was it for the day. World quests refresh twice a day though I'm pretty sure, and have far more in a zone overall.
    Designed to keep you online grinding, and that's a part of the problem with modern WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by roninwookie View Post
    What did WQs replace? Cause individual quests as shown in Surumar still existed. WQs SHOULDN'T give out H raid gear as a reward, I agree. But that's not a WQ problem, that's a game design problem. The faction rewards haven't changed drastically between WQ and old dailies but the individual rewards have. If they went back to being gold only it would make them like old dailies, but then it also gets rid of the gear slot machine the designers have implemented. I hate it and wish they would change it next xpac or in a future patch.

Edited :P
    I could live with the Suramar system, but WQs need to be limited to once a day (I hate how they refresh all the damn time, and I would prefer to see them only show up if the emissary is there). Outside of that, I would prefer regular dailies that advance the narrative as we progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Daikoku View Post
    What is level synching option?

Regarding FATEs i like the ""rng" of the event, you are doing your quest there and *puff* a FATE start right there where you are rather than opening the map and ofc the fact that is quite interesting for levelling.
    FATEs only happen in preset areas, they do that to make sure they don't interfere with people who are questing.

Level sync - You can not take part in FATEs that are too far below your level. When you level sync it brings your level down to match the FATE, you will only have access to the skills that you would have at that level.

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    Congratulations, you are still irrelevant.

It's not "but its not far off". It's impossible to get to heroic OR mythic ilvlv using only world quests and emissaries. It's a very lucky thing to even manage to make it to normal level, because REWARDS SCALE WITH YOUR CURRENT ITEM LEVEL. You can't get a 400ilvl azeite gear from emissary UNLESS you are at 400 ilvl already. The design is not to give you straight progression, but to provide you with different traits you might now currently have and/or titan residuum.

You are stuck in the past. An item being purple, 'epic', call it whatever does NOT matter anyone. It hasn't mattered since WotlK. Stats matter. Passives matter. Traits matter. Item level matters. The fact that something is a 'rare' blue, epic 'purple' or legendary 'orange' means jack-shit at the end-game. You are still stuck in your vanilla WoW mentality of "if it's purple it's something you had to work for", which even back then wasn't true. There used to be lots of OP blue items, even greens.

You are literally a spoiled child. You played the beta for 10 mins, got bored, now the game sucks and that's a fact cuz you said it.
    Just, stay quiet and play your classic in august or whatever.
    You level from somethinglevel to 120. You will have approx. 20-25 k gold. You buy "low" level crafted and boe items. Then your WQs are scaled up. Tadamm. Don't pretend it's hard to gear up. Now gear up for WHAT? Yes, that's an excellent question. For normals at least. How long was gearing up for normals in MoP in the first 2 patches? In Cata - first 2 patches? Etc. Maybe in WoD even. Not days.
    Yes, in Cata when DS came out everyone and their mother bought full crafted 377 PvP blue gear and then you spammed the 3 Caverns of Time dungeons and LFR and that was it. In the last patch of the expansion.
    Remember when fast gearing up was spamming bgs for honor gear?
    I'm not saying the game should be hard or anything like that. But WQs give crazy amount of epics just to keep people occupied. Or rather the illusion of it. It's too much. Even a blind man can see it.
    And this is why we don't have normal factions. Because ilevels scale up from time to time so "no need" to add new factions, new zones/hubs with new ilevel gear rewards. It sucks.

I have never seen someone calling someone else a spoiled child because the supposed spoiled child wants "harder" rewards. Are yousure you know what you're talking about?

Edit: btw my "hobby" is dog and animal training in general and if you would just dip your toes into it you could see how you are literally trained to do stuff nowadays in wow. And I don't mean that knowing this, you can't enjoy the game anymore. Games are for fun, tools are necessary to keep people engaged. But devs usually hide it well with imemrsion and gameplay fun. Which is not the case anymore, not with these world quests and the garrison mission table back then.
    Last edited by Lei; 2019-05-10 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Edit: btw my "hobby" is dog and animal training in general and if you would just dip your toes into it you could see how you are literally trained to do stuff nowadays in wow. And I don't mean that knowing this, you can't enjoy the game anymore. Games are for fun, tools are necessary to keep people engaged. But devs usually hide it well with imemrsion and gameplay fun. Which is not the case anymore, not with these world quests and the garrison mission table back then.
    That is nothing new though. Games have always trained you to do things. MMO's have always been about giving you things to do so you stay subscribed. They way they have done it has changed over the years from low amounts but insanely hard/long. To shorter rewarding content now a days. It is a sign of the changing world at large.

WQ's are giving people an alternative to gearing up that is on their schedule. Epic's no longer mean anything in WoW and haven't for years. You don't always get a crazy amount of upgrades from WQ's. In fact you'll get very few upgrades once you get to a certain point and rely on emissary and other more limited paths.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    WQs, lets me keep going out into the world rather then always go to the same spot every day over and over and etc.
    just the same spot and same quest 2 days apart instead of 1. Sometimes even less.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Reposting for your benefit... clearly NOT go here kill X go there collect y.

Polishing the Helm
    You are to enter Hibernal Cavern west of Dun Niffelem and collect 5 units of Viscous Oil from the Viscous Oils there.
    You are then to return to Dun Niffelem and apply the oil to Hodir's Helm.

Blowing Hodir's Horn
    Blow Hodir's Horn over 5 Niffelem Forefathers and 5 Restless Frostborn corpses at Thunderfall.
    Niffelem Forefather freed (5) Restless Frostborn freed (5)

Feeding Arngrim
    You are to feed Arngrim 5 Disembodied Jormungar, then return to Arngrim's frozen image in Dun Niffelem.
    You must go to the Valley of Ancient Winters and use Arngrim's Tooth on the Roaming Jormungar there. Once they have become disembodied, you must fight them until they are weakened. Arngrim's spirit fed (5) Provided item: Arngrim's Tooth

Hot and Cold
    You are to go to Frostfield Lake, kill the Brittle Revenants there and use the Essence of Ice on the Smoldering Scraps at Fjorn's Anvil. You are then to collect 6 of the Frozen Iron scraps and return to Fjorn's Anvil in Dun Niffelem. Frozen Iron Scrap (6)

No one.. and I mean no one, EVER used legion/BfA faction items for a "quick boost of gear" You ALWAYS could outgear those items from WQs/dungeons/chests/rares before you EVER got enough rep to buy anything from them.

In Wrath, the shoulder enchants were considered a raid requirement. You worked to get them because you couldn't click on 10 squirrels and 15 nuts and be bestowed them for your hard work of 47 seconds. Profession items? Professions are 100% compoletely dead and worthless. Have been for many expansions.
    You should do some World Quests before comparing them. Everything you listed here is compareable to some of the World Quests we have now.

Same shit, different story. In todays story you can choose among a greater variety than back in the day. You love classic don't you? And I mean that in a good way. Kill X and loot Y. It's the theme of vanilla WoW. Hey, it's the theme of WoW, 2004-2019. Nothing has really changed :P
    Zandalari theme ftw! PURE GOLD!

Horde bad, smash, monkey! Who is a good monkey? You are!

Quote Originally Posted by Zequill View Post
    What I liked about daily : They would, most of time, be in group of 3-4 quests in the same area, making it a better reward for the time traveled.

What I like about WQ :
    -Emissary, you can either no minimal stuff and get most of the reward, or non-life them and get about 50% more rept then someone who only do Emissary.
    -You can choose which type of quest and/or reward depending what your prefer

What I dislike about WQ : The damn % base quest. They could either give us more info on what give % and/or divide the amount needed by 2 or 4 so they are not as bad.
    Look at it this way. In the old world the quest might be: kill 10 trolls, smash 10 of their pots, kill 5 of them crawgs, and kill 2 named trolls. And all the pots are smashed by other players and none are up or guarded by tons of mobs so you have to wait or kill way more than you need to get to the pots. In the new system you're free to smash and kill anything and everything you see and you'll be done likely sooner than you would've been under the old way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    You should do some World Quests before comparing them. Everything you listed here is compareable to some of the World Quests we have now.

Same shit, different story. In todays story you can choose among a greater variety than back in the day. You love classic don't you? And I mean that in a good way. Kill X and loot Y. It's the theme of vanilla WoW. Hey, it's the theme of WoW, 2004-2019. Nothing has really changed :P
    Classic didn't have dailies. Once you did the one-time quests there were no more to do, unless you liked turning in runecloth. We had the Skettis and Ogri'la once we could fly in BC, then the Netherwing once we unlocked fast flying, and we could only do a grand total of 10 of them per day. Then last patch of BC added the Isle of Quel'danas, about a dozen quests there and in Outland, and raised the cap to 25 a day where it remained until MoP.

I vastly preferred the TBC model over WQs, the MoP version was alright too. WQs made rep factions extremely boring.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Question

Quote Originally Posted by BHD View Post
    I vastly preferred the TBC model over WQs, the MoP version was alright too. WQs made rep factions extremely boring.
    Mostly like this ^

...but I don't really see much difference here, except fact that, for example, world quests (well, or what preceded them in WoD) were taking and giving back mainly to "yourself" or "talking head from screen's bottom" (correct me if there is direct essential distinguishing feature, I'll be grateful) what is frank undisguised idiocy both from RP aspect point of view and logic in principle. Although I have repeatedly written about my attitude to this all.

Can I choose "world dailies" wording?

---Edit---
    Apparently, people are talking about disproportionate rewards, this is certainly not good, especially considering that devs continue to create garbage with all-time raised ilvl bar and scaling/"forge" reward/world with you together with "paragon RNG system" (which makes them alike to achievements' problem, has disturbing factor; however, if talking about quote, I don't see direct problem in their fair amount, it's just you need to set your priorities right, which is good learning practice), but I already criticized it and this technically isn't directly part of similar quests' design. It's clear, of course, that it's more appropriate to replace in this case "material" rewards with certain currency, for which you can purchase items from respective vendors, whose products can be replenished over time, since described above systems are illogical in terms of game world design, artificial, unreasonable, but only it's look like that devs apparently doesn't consider it as significant disadvantage.
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2019-05-14 at 05:29 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    You level from somethinglevel to 120. You will have approx. 20-25 k gold. You buy "low" level crafted and boe items. Then your WQs are scaled up. Tadamm. Don't pretend it's hard to gear up. Now gear up for WHAT? Yes, that's an excellent question. For normals at least. How long was gearing up for normals in MoP in the first 2 patches? In Cata - first 2 patches? Etc. Maybe in WoD even. Not days.
    Yes, in Cata when DS came out everyone and their mother bought full crafted 377 PvP blue gear and then you spammed the 3 Caverns of Time dungeons and LFR and that was it. In the last patch of the expansion.
    Remember when fast gearing up was spamming bgs for honor gear?
    I'm not saying the game should be hard or anything like that. But WQs give crazy amount of epics just to keep people occupied. Or rather the illusion of it. It's too much. Even a blind man can see it.
    And this is why we don't have normal factions. Because ilevels scale up from time to time so "no need" to add new factions, new zones/hubs with new ilevel gear rewards. It sucks.

I have never seen someone calling someone else a spoiled child because the supposed spoiled child wants "harder" rewards. Are yousure you know what you're talking about?

You've got very bad priorities in a game when you are salty about how other people acquire their gear.
    I don't know what you are talking about. I was normal raid ready in cata in max 2 weeks. It was never hard to be on that level.

Fast gearing up for honor gear? Another vanilla fanboy detected. Leave your 12 years old fantasies behind.

I'm done arguing the likes of you.
    Here's a proposition: If you manage to get 380+ ilvl by only doing wq's and emissaries in 2 weeks, i'll pay you for 30-day game time.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Classic didn't have dailies. Once you did the one-time quests there were no more to do, unless you liked turning in runecloth. We had the Skettis and Ogri'la once we could fly in BC, then the Netherwing once we unlocked fast flying, and we could only do a grand total of 10 of them per day. Then last patch of BC added the Isle of Quel'danas, about a dozen quests there and in Outland, and raised the cap to 25 a day where it remained until MoP.
    Yeah I know, I was there. Meant how quests are done in WoW, not only dailies and WQs. Thats what dailies and world quests are, just normal quests named something else.
    Zandalari theme ftw! PURE GOLD!

Horde bad, smash, monkey! Who is a good monkey? You are!

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Look at it this way. In the old world the quest might be: kill 10 trolls, smash 10 of their pots, kill 5 of them crawgs, and kill 2 named trolls. And all the pots are smashed by other players and none are up or guarded by tons of mobs so you have to wait or kill way more than you need to get to the pots. In the new system you're free to smash and kill anything and everything you see and you'll be done likely sooner than you would've been under the old way.
    You would have 3-4 daily done by that point in your exemple while % count as one, and WQ that ask you to kill 1 guy are normally tag as rare and give you twice the reward so the effort / reward ratio is just not good. But it's my only issue about WQ, I orefer them over daily even with that.
    Solus in hostes ruit et patriam servavit.

"Sims again? I thought we learned last time." - Ornyx

Quote Originally Posted by Zequill View Post
    You would have 3-4 daily done by that point in your exemple while % count as one, and WQ that ask you to kill 1 guy are normally tag as rare and give you twice the reward so the effort / reward ratio is just not good. But it's my only issue about WQ, I orefer them over daily even with that.
    You seem to have completely missed my point. All that stuff I listed, the kills, the smashings, was all for one quest. In the old days you'd have to do exactly those things to complete the quest, so if the mobs were farmed or the items were smashed you'd have to just sit there and wait for them to repop. Whereas in the new system everything you do in the area counts towards progression. No more "I gotta gather 10 flowers but they've all been picked, gotta sit here and wait for more."

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post

There are some similarities... but in dailies... you couldn't go and simply tag mobs other people are fighting and get credit. You couldn't skip killing the mobs entirely and just fill up your bar collecting the pickup items. And most importantly... there was a point you were FINISHED. You reached the reputation level your character needed... be that honored, revered, or exalted.

Then you were DONE. You no longer had to repeat them ad nauseam throughout the entire expansion. It's called progression. Checking things off your list and adding new things. Today's WoW starts with WQs and ends with WQs.

Dailies connected with the game, the storyline, and had sense of purpose. WQs feel disjointed, disconnected, even ones from the same faction often did not feel like I was progressing the story or my character. That was Legion.. maybe htey improved them in BfA but I highly doubt it.

Both are just a bad way to expand content and drag out a sub.

Real passionate devs would just have quests leading into quests, and long quest lines that lead into awesome rewards. Epic quests maybe 100 quests long.

Nothing is less interesting than dailies, or WQ. It's content designed by people incapable of real content, designed for addicts.

Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    What you also forgot to post (and I forgot to mention in last post) is unlike WQ, Sons of Hodir rep didn't require doing those quests at all. In BfA there is no other option than doing WQs. In WoTLK there was option to collect relics in dungeons and from mobs, then hand them over for reputation. So in WoTLK you had a choice of not doing them and you weren't time gated. Now there is no choice if you want rep.

Also entire thing you've posted is irrelevant. Quests are quests. In WoTLK some quests sucked, in BfA some quests suck. Doesn't matter if they are named "daily" or "world", its same quest mechanic. Quest mechanics have evolved and that's completely unrelated to quests being dailies or WQ. WQ is just nicer interface for dailies, its not new type of quests and it doesn't magically make quests different.
    Yes there were alternate ways to earn reputation... don't forget tabard rep too when it was added! But again, you did everything to get your reputation... it was important. Now it's not. Then, once you earned your reputation... you could STOP... you achieved your goal, experienced the content more than enough, and could move on.

Now, you don't... while there are new WQs added, you still have all the same old ones pop up to do... and because they scale the iLevel... you never are finished with them. Dailies, once you got your rep... were done unless you used them for earning gold. CHOICE. Now WQs are the open world endgame... ever shifting rewards to make you play the SAME content you have played since release.

No thank you. When you think about it... who benefits from increasing iLevel for the rewards of WQ? The lpkayer who is sick and tired of doing the same thing for 2 years? Or the developers who can get by with creating less content?

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    There are some similarities... but in dailies... you couldn't go and simply tag mobs other people are fighting and get credit. You couldn't skip killing the mobs entirely and just fill up your bar collecting the pickup items. And most importantly... there was a point you were FINISHED. You reached the reputation level your character needed... be that honored, revered, or exalted.
    Because shared tagging didn't exist for much of dailies. You could group up and share kill credit. You could skip mobs entirely on collect portions of the quest if those mobs were cleared by someone else or if your server was populated enough to keep it clear (before the spawn changes to boost based on activity in area). There is a point where you are finished with World quests. When you did enough for the daily emissary, or you choose to be done. If you are not interested in the emissary rewards you don't have to do World Quests if you don't want to.

You can check them off the list if you want to. People still repeated dailies for the gold even after hitting required reps. Just as people now stop doing World Quests when they have maxed out the associated reps.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Because shared tagging didn't exist for much of dailies. You could group up and share kill credit. You could skip mobs entirely on collect portions of the quest if those mobs were cleared by someone else or if your server was populated enough to keep it clear (before the spawn changes to boost based on activity in area). There is a point where you are finished with World quests. When you did enough for the daily emissary, or you choose to be done. If you are not interested in the emissary rewards you don't have to do World Quests if you don't want to.

You can check them off the list if you want to. People still repeated dailies for the gold even after hitting required reps. Just as people now stop doing World Quests when they have maxed out the associated reps.
    You are really reaching now to "make them the same".

WQs are never done because they increase the ilevel available via them.

Yes there are similarities... but they are entirely different as content, reward devices, and immersive activities.