Poll: Which do you prefer?

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    i think world quests are probably a better system as it does not require a more casual audience to play as often if time does not permit

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Like I said. Wrath wasn’t a proper rotation. 5.1 and 5.2 fixed this. Every day on the isle of thunder, the quests would send you to a different part of the island. It felt like you were on a mission, helping the war effort in that area.

With world quests mostly you just have to kill ‘rares’ (Since let’s face it, those are the most efficient world quests and in Legion they even gave more rep).

Dailies being isolated to part of the zone instead of the full zone gave the world a sense of scale that has been lost in WoD, Legion and BfA.
    "Proper rotation" still... you know even on the Isle it was like ~3 "areas' max? WQ is just an evolution of dailies. You can pick which zones and which quests, no pick up and turn in areas etc. WQ are just objectively better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    "Proper rotation" still... you know even on the Isle it was like ~3 "areas' max? WQ is just an evolution of dailies. You can pick which zones and which quests, no pick up and turn in areas etc. WQ are just objectively better.
    World quests are shallow.

People will always pick the path of least resistance, which in this case is killing ‘rares’.

The rotating dailies had a theme. World quests don’t.

15+ Year Old Account
    But that isn't because of World Quests. It is because Blizzard hasn't tried a more themed approach with them. They have only themed them to the area you do them in rather then the faction/story as a group. And people always picked the path of least resistance with Daily quests as well. It was more difficult because there were less options and more restrictions. To get the daily cap people would pick and choose which ones to do because some were easier then others.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    But that isn't because of World Quests. It is because Blizzard hasn't tried a more themed approach with them. They have only themed them to the area you do them in rather then the faction/story as a group. And people always picked the path of least resistance with Daily quests as well. It was more difficult because there were less options and more restrictions. To get the daily cap people would pick and choose which ones to do because some were easier then others.
    I always did all the daily quests personally. To avoid the 25 per day cap I’d just focus on one or two factions at a time. It was a better system.

Until Blizzard start making world quests as thematically strong as dailies were I’ll prefer the old system.

World quests are shallow.

People will always pick the path of least resistance, which in this case is killing ‘rares’.

A "theme" of "go kill X" that rotates between 2-3 "different" sets is what makes dailies have more depth than WQs? Are you serious? Even if I agreed, do you think every daily would be like this? MoP had only one hub...

This is some rose-tinted bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    A "theme" of "go kill X" that rotates between 2-3 "different" sets is what makes dailies have more depth than WQs? Are you serious? Even if I agreed, do you think every daily would be like this? MoP had only one hub...

This is some rose-tinted bullshit.
    What? MoP had a good half dozen daily hubs between the tillers, anglers, cloud serpents, shado pan, golden lotus (Pre 5.4), august celestials (Which sent you to a different area every day) and then there's the ones they added in patches.

Thematically it felt like you were working towards a theme for that specific day, for example in the august celestial one you'd be defending the jade serpent temple from the sha one day and participating in a tournament for Xuen's favor the next. They felt like miniature questlines rather than 'ugh gotta kill my four completely random rares for the emissary, oh shit there's only three? Guess I'll have to do a turtle quest too. Maybe now Talanji will give me the toy in one of her lootboxes'.

What? MoP had a good half dozen daily hubs between the tillers, anglers, cloud serpents, shado pan, golden lotus (Pre 5.4), august celestials (Which sent you to a different area every day) and then there's the ones they added in patches.

Thematically it felt like you were working towards a theme for that specific day, for example in the august celestial one you'd be defending the jade serpent temple from the sha one day and participating in a tournament for Xuen's favor the next. They felt like miniature questlines rather than 'ugh gotta kill my four completely random rares for the emissary, oh shit there's only three? Guess I'll have to do a turtle quest too. Maybe now Talanji will give me the toy in one of her lootboxes'.
    It completely astounds me that someone here is trying to make WQs sounds tedious when comparing them to dailies. Historically, you can see on this very site the remnants of just how tedious dailies actually were. Threads on the subject exist still, since they generally aren't deleted. People fucking hated the August Celestial, and especially the Golden Lotus. And even then, the rotation wasn't nearly as great as you're pretending.

Scavenger Hunt: Use the Goblin Fishing Raft to fish up 15 Rusty Shipwreck Parts out of the floating debris near the shipwrecks.
    Shocking!: Fish up 7 Dojani Eels from the Dojani River in Krasarang Wilds.
    Snapclaw: Kill Snapclaw in a cave at the bottom of Narsong Trench and return with his claw as pro
    How are these dailies "deeper" than WQs now? Go kill X enough times to get 7 eels, 15 parts, etc.

Except, you know the only real, significant difference between the two iterations of grinds? With WQs you can pick which zone, which, quests, they are picked up and turned in at that quests area. Thats the only significant difference. Like, cool, going out the the Angler rep area and getting their quests to randomy fly all over the continent, normally in the same few areas in each zone.... thats compelling?

With the main reps in MoP, you would go to the quest giver. You would get an area, say Temple of Xuen, and do 3 quests. That was it. That isn't compelling. With that example you would fight three named mobs, one after the other. With AC rep there were four temples and you could do 3-4 quests depending on the temple. Okay?

With WQs you can do rare, or just do quests in a specific zone, or only do quests that give a rep, or a specific reward. Is the system perfect? No, but if a theme is what you care about, you can use your imagination. Instead of rotating mini-zones like with the dailies, what rotates instead is the emissaries... how is that really any different, except that there the daily floor and ceiling are lower and higher respectively? You aren't capped at 25, but instead can do four a day for your emissary, or do 100. How isn't that a miniature questline?

10+ Year Old Account
    It completely astounds me that someone here is trying to make WQs sounds tedious when comparing them to dailies. Historically, you can see on this very site the remnants of just how tedious dailies actually were. Threads on the subject exist still, since they generally aren't deleted. People fucking hated the August Celestial, and especially the Golden Lotus. And even then, the rotation wasn't nearly as great as you're pretending.

How are these dailies "deeper" than WQs now? Go kill X enough times to get 7 eels, 15 parts, etc.

Except, you know the only real, significant difference between the two iterations of grinds? With WQs you can pick which zone, which, quests, they are picked up and turned in at that quests area. Thats the only significant difference. Like, cool, going out the the Angler rep area and getting their quests to randomy fly all over the continent, normally in the same few areas in each zone.... thats compelling?

With the main reps in MoP, you would go to the quest giver. You would get an area, say Temple of Xuen, and do 3 quests. That was it. That isn't compelling. With that example you would fight three named mobs, one after the other. With AC rep there were four temples and you could do 3-4 quests depending on the temple. Okay?

With WQs you can do rare, or just do quests in a specific zone, or only do quests that give a rep, or a specific reward. Is the system perfect? No, but if a theme is what you care about, you can use your imagination. Instead of rotating mini-zones like with the dailies, what rotates instead is the emissaries... how is that really any different, except that there the daily floor and ceiling are lower and higher respectively? You aren't capped at 25, but instead can do four a day for your emissary, or do 100. How isn't that a miniature questline?
    I can't speak for everyone but back in MoP I personally loved doing dailies. Every iteration that's come since has failed to live up to them utterly.

Doing 100 world quests isn't a minature questline because none of those quests will actually be in any way related to any over arching theme.

Doing the celestial rep and participating in Xuen's trials actually had an end goal. You were trying to win a tournament to earn his favor. Yes he held one every few days. but still. It had some semblance of story to them. More so than some rando screaming 'I SENSE AN ENEMY NEARBY. KILL IT' when you wonder into a certain radius.

The closest world quests have come to having a core theme is the faction incursions. They isolate you to a specific area and you work towards a story point (Invading that area).

I don't like world quests for the same reason I hated WoD's dailies. The narrative of 'why' I'm doing them isn't strong enough. I'm not told by Talanji to purge Nazmir of blood trolls. I just stumble upon some bad guys, she telepathically tells me to kill them and then I randomly end up visiting her emissary for a reward. There's no real theme or purpose to them, they're shallow as shit and EVERY SINGLE REPUTATION is the exact same. With only the 'champions' of azeroth and Turtles being any different and the latter is just a joke faction while the former is Magni hiring us as his personal assassin.

7+ Year Old Account
    mop dailies where actualy nice there where always a different batch and they themselfes where also different the shado pan stuff was awesome as was the isle of thunder stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    Dailies, it was kinda nice to do your dailies and be done.

I find it seriously hard to motivate myself to do WQs, I only ever do the "kill this rare" ones and barely them.

Though, it's mostly cause farming paragon toys is discouraging as it takes forever and I already feel "done" with the faction once I reach exalted. AND not having flying and questing, it's hell.

I preferred dailies when they came packaged with a story, the Krasarang ones in MoP being probably the best example. WQs that are just re-barfs of leveling quests are junk.

Edit - Agree with the poster above too, the feeling of being "done" is missing in Legion and BFA and I sorely miss it. Whether it's dailies or gear or rep, you're never "done" with anything.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Dailies, it was kinda nice to do your dailies and be done.
    In MoP the handling of dailies was much the same as what we have currently. You could go around and clear every single quest available and then have to wait for reset to continue on. It wasn't like TBC, Wrath, and Cata that had hard caps on how many you could complete each day. Though, they dialed it back in WoD a bit with it's daily objectives.
    I find it seriously hard to motivate myself to do WQs, I only ever do the "kill this rare" ones and barely them.
    This was also a similar effect as noted in Wrath when they really had far more daily quests than the daily limit would permit. People would end up hitting whatever was pertinent to their current rep grinding OR they would default to whatever objectives were closest to one another to get speed clears done.

IMO WQ's are better than dailies since you don't have to load up on them... no need to have them take up space in your quest log. no need to run to a hub and then out into the field.... no need to return from the field to turn in. This is like trying to ask whether or not people want quest items to take up space in their bags again or if they want to be required to carry keys.

The only real problem with most WQ's is they make you kill/gather too much shit. Let me kill 8-10 of random npc instead of 20+ for this stupid clear (you know all those 3-4%, or less, per kill progress quests).

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    This was also a similar effect as noted in Wrath when they really had far more daily quests than the daily limit would permit. People would end up hitting whatever was pertinent to their current rep grinding OR they would default to whatever objectives were closest to one another to get speed clears done.
    In wrath? Are you sure? I don't remember it like that, and I started to work on bc reps as well together with wrath reps. Now doing them BOTH sometimes capped me out, but only wrath reps??? Don't remember that. Especially since you could use tabard with most factions from friendly and spam dungeons... Then all you have left was Kaluak, Sons of Hodir and one of the Sholazar reps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    In MoP the handling of dailies was much the same as what we have currently. You could go around and clear every single quest available and then have to wait for reset to continue on. It wasn't like TBC, Wrath, and Cata that had hard caps on how many you could complete each day. Though, they dialed it back in WoD a bit with it's daily objectives.

IMO WQ's are better than dailies since you don't have to load up on them... no need to have them take up space in your quest log. no need to run to a hub and then out into the field.... no need to return from the field to turn in. This is like trying to ask whether or not people want quest items to take up space in their bags again or if they want to be required to carry keys.

The only real problem with most WQ's is they make you kill/gather too much shit. Let me kill 8-10 of random npc instead of 20+ for this stupid clear (you know all those 3-4%, or less, per kill progress quests).
    Well, there was a cap in previous expansions, but a lot of factions were also released later, so I can't even remember capping completely one day. I didn't do a single daily with a faction I already reached exalted with.

And having a set number, like between 5-10 dailies, knowing it's todays chore, was easy. Now, there are what, 50 WQs each day. Which do I do? How many do I do? Too many choices actually create more chaos than opportunities.

But the core problem is not dailies or WQ, it's those damn Paragon rewards we had in both Legion and BFA, the WORST addition this game ever had. It was a FUN RELIEF to max a faction and working toward Exalted was nice. But to farm something that MIGHT drop out of a bag is a living hell, whether it's dailies or WQs.

And this is very personal, but I just LOVE completing 10+ quests at the same time in the same hub. To see 10+ quests marked as "Return to X" and then to go there and deliver it, it's a VERY satisfying feeling!

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    In wrath? Are you sure? I don't remember it like that, and I started to work on bc reps as well together with wrath reps. Now doing them BOTH sometimes capped me out, but only wrath reps??? Don't remember that. Especially since you could use tabard with most factions from friendly and spam dungeons... Then all you have left was Kaluak, Sons of Hodir and one of the Sholazar reps.
    You had some for Kaluak, sons of hodir, icecrown stuff from the faction skyship (also dependant on your progress in the overall questline in the region), sholazar factions, grizzly hills and wintergrasp originally.

Later on they added the crusader dailies which had their introductory and more advanced versions if you fully completed them. Easily more than 25, maybe upwards of 40-50 total that most people wouldn't really care for or had various other restrictions.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, there was a cap in previous expansions, but a lot of factions were also released later, so I can't even remember capping completely one day. I didn't do a single daily with a faction I already reached exalted with.
    TBC = 10
    Wrath = 25
    Cata = 25
    MoP = no limit beyond the dailies themselves
    WoD = just not much in the way of dailies but areas of interest with events that could only really benefit you once a day
    Ledion and beyond swapped to WQ's
    And having a set number, like between 5-10 dailies, knowing it's todays chore, was easy. Now, there are what, 50 WQs each day. Which do I do? How many do I do? Too many choices actually create more chaos than opportunities.
    considering that's not all that different from how it was in MoP you're just trading out needing to manage a quest log and running around from hub to objective and back.
    But the core problem is not dailies or WQ, it's those damn Paragon rewards we had in both Legion and BFA, the WORST addition this game ever had. It was a FUN RELIEF to max a faction and working toward Exalted was nice. But to farm something that MIGHT drop out of a bag is a living hell, whether it's dailies or WQs.
    Paragon rewards are a different beast and technically not related to WQ vs Daily paradigm. IMO there's no reason to not see that bullshit in the normal rep grinding angle anyways.
    And this is very personal, but I just LOVE completing 10+ quests at the same time in the same hub. To see 10+ quests marked as "Return to X" and then to go there and deliver it, it's a VERY satisfying feeling!
    Seeing as my quest log on any toon I play for a long time seems to rack up various extra shit like old raid quests I'm stuck on for various reasons (like trying to find groups for blood infusion or similar shit) or other stuff I'm leaving on teh back burner... and the quest log cap is STILL capped at under 30... I will have to just profoundly disagree with any remark about making us go back to using teh quest log as it currently exists.

dailies

world quests dont make sense tbh.. like who is making you do it? how do you get the reward? its like you just randomly go into the zone in which you do a thing nobody asked you to do and then you get a reward out of nowhere

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    world quests dont make sense tbh.. like who is making you do it? how do you get the reward? its like you just randomly go into the zone in which you do a thing nobody asked you to do and then you get a reward out of nowhere
    So the same rotating dailies with the same rewards makes sense?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So the same rotating dailies with the same rewards makes sense?
    wqs have the same rewards as well for the most part.. also dailies used to reward rep and rep used to provide more useful shit

I can't speak for everyone but back in MoP I personally loved doing dailies. Every iteration that's come since has failed to live up to them utterly.

Doing 100 world quests isn't a minature questline because none of those quests will actually be in any way related to any over arching theme.

Doing the celestial rep and participating in Xuen's trials actually had an end goal. You were trying to win a tournament to earn his favor. Yes he held one every few days. but still. It had some semblance of story to them. More so than some rando screaming 'I SENSE AN ENEMY NEARBY. KILL IT' when you wonder into a certain radius.

The closest world quests have come to having a core theme is the faction incursions. They isolate you to a specific area and you work towards a story point (Invading that area).

I don't like world quests for the same reason I hated WoD's dailies. The narrative of 'why' I'm doing them isn't strong enough. I'm not told by Talanji to purge Nazmir of blood trolls. I just stumble upon some bad guys, she telepathically tells me to kill them and then I randomly end up visiting her emissary for a reward. There's no real theme or purpose to them, they're shallow as shit and EVERY SINGLE REPUTATION is the exact same. With only the 'champions' of azeroth and Turtles being any different and the latter is just a joke faction while the former is Magni hiring us as his personal assassin.
    So, its because you don't personally pick the quests up from an NPC? Thats a seemingly shallow reason. I don't see how you don't see a theme. I mean, you go do quests for Highmountain Tauren, and you're helping them repel one of the threats, rebuild, etc. The quests are literally the same, the delivery is really the only change.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Yes, there were far more than 25 dailies in Wrath.

- - - Updated - - -

You literally just said "and having a set number, like between 5-10 dailies..." why can't you fathom doing that for WQs?