Poll: Which do you prefer?

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    I was like the dailies quests because they had story and they were limited per day and I know each day how much progress I have and how many time it will take to me to complete for reputation . But also I like how easy are the world quests without need to waste time for pick up quest and return it .

I really don't care either way, it's just 2 different ways to do the same thing... but WQ rep is awful... even with emissary rep you're gain less rep per week on WQs then dailies.

Just make it so that you only get rep for X number of WQs per day, but increase the rep to 200 or 250 again.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    You had some for Kaluak, sons of hodir, icecrown stuff from the faction skyship (also dependant on your progress in the overall questline in the region), sholazar factions, grizzly hills and wintergrasp originally.

Later on they added the crusader dailies which had their introductory and more advanced versions if you fully completed them. Easily more than 25, maybe upwards of 40-50 total that most people wouldn't really care for or had various other restrictions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Yes, there were far more than 25 dailies in Wrath.
    I didn't say there WEREN'T more than 25 dailies in wrath. I said you never really capped your daily 25. Not when you did it in their release time. It was a non issue. For me it was only an issue when I was doing the wrath reps AND the BC reps (started to play at the end of BC in the summer). But I couldn't play that much a day anyways to complete all the dailies from wrath to BC for every faction (+farmables like the netherwing eggs).
    It was a non issue. Also, at the very minute Blizz lifted the daily cap people started to bitch because TOO MANY DAILIES! WQs are a downgrade in many ways.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, its because you don't personally pick the quests up from an NPC? Thats a seemingly shallow reason. I don't see how you don't see a theme. I mean, you go do quests for Highmountain Tauren, and you're helping them repel one of the threats, rebuild, etc. The quests are literally the same, the delivery is really the only change.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, there were far more than 25 dailies in Wrath.

- - - Updated - - -

You literally just said "and having a set number, like between 5-10 dailies..." why can't you fathom doing that for WQs?
    Because sometimes you need some strict discplipline and the game telling you what to do. When I have too many choices, I end up doing nothing. Some people just work like me. As another example, I had a job where I was allowed to work from home. I cannot work from home. When I have the freedom to set my own hours, I end up not working at all. Same here, when I can chose how many and which WQs to do, I usually do basically none. With dailies, I had a set number and specific dailies every day, it was so much easier to discopline myself to do them. Too much freedom is dangerous for me, and I'm sure some people agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    I didn't say there WEREN'T more than 25 dailies in wrath. I said you never really capped your daily 25. Not when you did it in their release time.
    Without looking at teh tournament:

6 Ebon Blade
    possible 5 argent dawn (one in ICC and a sort of randomized set in Zuldrak)
    6 Hodir
    5 ICC region quest faction specific
    4 grizzly hill...

that's beyond the 25 cap and I've yet to touch the wyrmrest, kaluak, sholazar and onesie twosie ones like the zepelin bullshit. I think there's a list of 40~ before even considering argetn tournament if you were looking to hit daily quests for rep/gold if so inclined.

note that these ones were available from first time at 80 assuming you did the quest series to open them up.

6 Ebon Blade
    6 Hodir
    4 grizzly hill...

that's beyond the 25 cap and I've yet to touch the wyrmrest, kaluak, sholazar and onesie twosie ones like the zepelin bullshit. I think there's a list of 40~ before even considering argetn tournament if you were looking to hit daily quests for rep/gold if so inclined.

note that these ones were available from first time at 80 assuming you did the quest series to open them up.
    You forgot something.
    1) You did get a HUGE chunk of rep during leveling, I'd wager to say you could get up to well into honored with all the main factions. So you were done with factions sooner than in BfA or Legion.
    2) Tabard of the Argent Crusade, Tabard of the Ebon Blade, Tabard of the Kirin Tor, Tabard of the Wyrmrest Accord

Argent Crusade: 2 dailies - Nobody in their right mind did these dailies, you could kill some dungeon trash and bosses for more rep with less effort/time investment. These quests were crap, and not just a little bit crappy, no, big giant pile of crap.
    Knights of the Ebon Blade: 6
    Kirin Tor was a regular quest/dungeon rep.
    Wyrmrest Accord has 3 daily quests
    Alliance Vanguard / Horde.. something: regular quests + dungeon
    Sons of Hodir: 6 (1 from revered reputation level)
    Kaluak: 3
    Frenzyheart OR Oracles: 8
    ---------------------------------------
    Kaluak only gave the fishing pole and the pet on exalted, so you didn't even need to push them ASAP. "Pushing" means you were able to reach exalted with them in just 14 days. With completing daily 3 quests. Not daily 2 resets x20+ world quests, not weekly 1 emissary for x weeks. Daily. Three. Quests. And the other reps were VERY similar in time requirement and pace, or even faster (esp. the ones with the tabard).

There was something with the weekly raid/daily dungeon quests but can't really remember. Maybe they gave rep with the kirin tor? Was a long time ago.
    I don't think I've missed anything but feel free to add.
    Sooooo. Yeah.

Not only you barely get any rep during leveling and the campaign, you also only get outrageously small amount of rep/WQ. 5-6 WQ equals to 1 old daily quest, WQs are much much more scattered around (+ difference in mob density, traversability, map scale and - the lack of -FLYING), emissaries are random... and yet somehow playerbase be like : wqs are bettur becuz I don't hav tu talk tu npcs". GG.
    Last edited by Lei; 2019-05-15 at 02:07 AM.

You forgot something.[snip]
    You called out how people couldn't cap daily quests with what was available.

I pointed out you could in fact cap out daily quests by showing there were more than 26 without even taking into account all the daily quest options thus showing that you could easily cap your dailies if you wished. You might not have, but I sure as shit did on multiple characters since it was easy and fast money that didn't require loop holes to get at (i.e. forming a group with oneself to get into old raid environments).

I was NOT talking about rap farming in any way. I was showing that there was WELL BEYOND 25 daily quests even from day 1 of WotLK. Thank you for pointing out another 18 to add onto my 26 count... considering that the limit was 25 it's fairly obvious that people could easily complete their daily allotment of dailies if they so chose.

You called out how people couldn't cap daily quests with what was available.

I pointed out you could in fact cap out daily quests by showing there were more than 26 without even taking into account all the daily quest options thus showing that you could easily cap your dailies if you wished. You might not have, but I sure as shit did on multiple characters since it was easy and fast money that didn't require loop holes to get at (i.e. forming a group with oneself to get into old raid environments).

I was NOT talking about rap farming in any way. I was showing that there was WELL BEYOND 25 daily quests even from day 1 of WotLK. Thank you for pointing out another 18 to add onto my 26 count... considering that the limit was 25 it's fairly obvious that people could easily complete their daily allotment of dailies if they so chose.
    But why would you do that? Why would you want to complete more than 25 dailies? When everything that mattered could be done in 25 within 2 weeks? I know why I capped myself after I was done with the BC reps. For the 10k daily achieve.
    You could cap, but there was no point.

But why would you do that? Why would you want to complete more than 25 dailies? When everything that mattered could be done in 25 within 2 weeks? I know why I capped myself after I was done with the BC reps. For the 10k daily achieve.
    My point wasn't about clearing MORE dailies... it was in counter to:
    I didn't say there WEREN'T more than 25 dailies in wrath. I said you never really capped your daily 25.
    given that you could easily find 40+ options to choose from, I'd say it was easy for your average player to cap out.

as to why some people might want to complete more... well because it's more stuff to do. Some people would actually like extra stuff to fuck around with when solo and I don't mean half assed attempts to copy the mage tower.

6 Ebon Blade
    6 Hodir
    4 grizzly hill...

Yeah, its REALLY fun to fly all the way out to do the 1-2 daily zones. Thats why WQs are superior.

Personally, I capped very often if I could stand it.

And this doesn't even take into consideration alts... you did get good chunks of rep on your first toon, probably by doing every quest you can, or lots of dungeon runs. But alts were often leveled with less starting rep when you reached 80, so more dailies.

- - - Updated - - -

Two weeks is an understatement for sure. It was also an easy source of gold - and some of them got you pets and other things of that nature.

Two weeks is an understatement for sure.
    You might wanna look up some old rep guides from wrath. Players have become so (literally) trained to spend so much time in the game doing more job for less result than before. It's not a problem in itself per se. But the content itself is not good. Not just not better what it was, in many ways it's worse.

15+ Year Old Account
    You might wanna look up some old rep guides from wrath. Players have become so (literally) trained to spend so much time in the game doing more job for less result than before. It's not a problem in itself per se. But the content itself is not good. Not just not better what it was, in many ways it's worse.
    You can be done with 3 days worth of repeatable content in less time then it took to get done with 25 daily quests. World quests do not train you to spend so much more time in the game. The player chooses to spend as much time as they want. It isn't a bad thing to allow players to choose how much they want to play. The content of world quests is also the same as the content of dailies. It just lacks the hub. Which repeatable content doesn't need because any effect of that hub is lost after repeatedly going there.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You can be done with 3 days worth of repeatable content in less time then it took to get done with 25 daily quests. World quests do not train you to spend so much more time in the game. The player chooses to spend as much time as they want. It isn't a bad thing to allow players to choose how much they want to play. The content of world quests is also the same as the content of dailies. It just lacks the hub. Which repeatable content doesn't need because any effect of that hub is lost after repeatedly going there.
    This whole comment is completely misguided and misleading. Just what on earth are you talking about? Are you aware what criterias you compare to what?

What do you want? -> I want to max out reps the fastest possible -> then dailies yield more rep/daily quest and per day, you reach exalted faster. With wqs, you will have to do all wqs and the emissary as well to be even remotely in the same timeframe. Emissary comes once a week. (1 will come twice bc 7 days / 6 faction).
    If you only do the emissaries, it will take MONTHS to max out the reps. That's crappy design, and it's intentional. At least it keeps you subbed.

WQs do train you to spend more time in the game because the rewards were nerfed to the ground.
    i mean it is so simple. 1 wq 75 rep. 1 daily quest 250-500 rep. Emissaries can add only so much. if it's Turtle day, you don't get the bonus with magni. You could get great rep with dailies with every factions, every day.

I don't care so I didn't vote. I'll do whatever if the reward is something I am interested in.

If I had to pick I'd go with dailies because they are more RP. Convenience is not on my list of priorities. But it's not important enough to me to argue about.

15+ Year Old Account
    WQs do train you to spend more time in the game because the rewards were nerfed to the ground.
    10 to 15 mins spread every 3 days or 15+ each day. You are not trained to spend more time in the game with World Quests over Dailies. Also there is no reason why spending more time in-game is a bad thing. You have the choice to spend as much time as you want in the game. You can spend very little and still get the daily content completed.

Your argument doesn't even have any basis with what you are saying. Getting rep each day means you were spending more time in the game then doing 12 (or less) WQ every 3 days.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10 to 15 mins spread every 3 days or 15+ each day. You are not trained to spend more time in the game with World Quests over Dailies. Also there is no reason why spending more time in-game is a bad thing. You have the choice to spend as much time as you want in the game. You can spend very little and still get the daily content completed.

Your argument doesn't even have any basis with what you are saying. Getting rep each day means you were spending more time in the game then doing 12 (or less) WQ every 3 days.
    If you want to MAXIMIZE your rep gain, you HAVE to complete EVERY wqs. Maximize: getting to exalted the fastest. Fastest: Days spent in the game, paying your sub.
    If you only do the emissaries - which is not maximizing, that's really lazy, but understandable -, sure, you will only spend 15 mins in the game, for MONTHS.

When a new patch, or expansion drops, and we're lucky enough to have some nice gear at the faction vendor, which can be obtainable before the new raid opens, and the itemlevel is good enough, there's your incentive to farm (do ALL and EVERY) wqs. Streamers are doing (at least in it was a thing in Legion) "sweeps". That means finish every wq. And there are people who actually like, or would like to have functional factions. Story driven, progressive, immersive ones, not these abominations.

If there's nothing to get from a faction, noone will farm wqs. But there usually is, right, paragon stuff, emissary boxes with the ever scaling items in them, same wqs giving higher and higher ilevel gear as the expansion progresses.
    How many times you freed whatshisface Softfoot? How many times you babysat turtles? Softfoot was the ultimate example for why dailies are "boring". Really? Like. Really? Magnis shitty quests, enigma quests in legion, broken shore, turtles, and to some extent the regular wqs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Story driven, progressive, immersive ones, not these abominations.
    So doing the same story over and over again until you meet the next rank then rinse and repeat is progressive, immserive and driven by story? As opposed to the entire story lines we do for the same factions we do world quests for? Your argument about doing world quests X time break down because you did daily quests X times as well. It is repeatable content. None of it will make sense after doing it more then once. Argent tourney was so amazing after having to do the same dailies for months just to get all of the rewards. So progressive. So amazing.

And again you act like having things for people to do in-game is a bad thing. Why is it bad that people are encourage to do things in the game? With assaults it takes less then 2 months to unlock exalted with the Zandalari. That is doing the emissary's, zone quests, and assaults. A few other world quests here and there. If you wanted to maximize with Dailies you were required to do the cap every day as well. It is funny how all the complaints about WQ's equally apply to dailies but you do some blindfold wearing hand waving mumbo jumbo to excuse it.

So doing the same story over and over again until you meet the next rank then rinse and repeat is progressive, immserive and driven by story? As opposed to the entire story lines we do for the same factions we do world quests for? Your argument about doing world quests X time break down because you did daily quests X times as well. It is repeatable content. None of it will make sense after doing it more then once. Argent tourney was so amazing after having to do the same dailies for months just to get all of the rewards. So progressive. So amazing.

And again you act like having things for people to do in-game is a bad thing. Why is it bad that people are encourage to do things in the game? With assaults it takes less then 2 months to unlock exalted with the Zandalari. That is doing the emissary's, zone quests, and assaults. A few other world quests here and there. If you wanted to maximize with Dailies you were required to do the cap every day as well. It is funny how all the complaints about WQ's equally apply to dailies but you do some blindfold wearing hand waving mumbo jumbo to excuse it.
    It's clear by this point that you can not talk objectively about the topic at hand. You compare daily 25 quests with daily 40-60 wqs and somehow manage bring them out as equals. That's just crazy. Objectively. Just please do the math.
    You're giving words into my mouth I've never said, and you keep arguing with it.

i never said the old dailies (collect this, kill that) were super exciting or innovative. I said it was at least FAST to be done with. I said at least factions used to have immersion, soul.

I'm not against repetative content. I farmed out the argent mounts on the horde side as well. The issue is we used to get more fresh, new stuff. (We don't "need" -cost cutting - to get and we don't get that much since wq rewards are getting bumped up, starter wqs are relevant till pretty much the last patch) Do you care if a new WQs is being added in the game? I don't! i would care if it had the context: look, here is a new hub with new activities, new rewards. But a new wq? Give me a f.cking break. The repeatable content we have now is disgustingly thinly spread, while at the same time we don't get that much "something else" we used to get. The reward structure is also obnoxious.
    And I also said wqs can be clearly pointed out to be the culprit for many systems suffering in the game just to SERVE, or MAKE ROOM for wqs, and the COST CUTTING wqs allow for the devs. Factions (NOT THE DAILY QUESTS, the factions themselves; immersion, soul), reward structure, professions... All can be traced back to wqs.

2 months to unlock a faction... Okay...
    Last edited by Lei; 2019-05-17 at 10:04 PM.