Mixing PVP and PVE. Desirable ?

We have in BFA a problem that plagued WOW since Vanilla (it might interest you that 2 hours into the game, my level 3 mage saw on LOCAL DEFENCE that Westbrook was attacked. I headed there to help and I had therefore a crash course on World PVP and the start of a rocky relationship with a nemesis almost on par as Nazis, ganking rogues).

Faction conflict and translating it into gameplay beyond instanced battlegrounds.

You have to give motivations to vict….uh….players...to go into areas that, when not playing off hours, tend to be pretty infrequentable for outnumbered players. The incursions are actually one of the best implementations of ''do PVP while doing PVE'' that I can remember, at least for me. As seen with the tears over the first week of ''Against Overwhelming Odds'', any lucrative reward can lead to major backlash.

(I'm extremely for rewarding richly players going into the Falcosaurs questzones of LEGION, if possible during 8PM and 9PM on week days, if possible alone. Totally unrelated to me needing 42 more kills for Talon's Vengeance. But I disgress)

My suggestion : is this truly impossible to have PVE instances with genuine PVP component ?

Imagine for instance a ''double track'' dungeon, in which two 5 man groups race to the end, but where actions in Lane A can affect things in Lane B (Example : one extra boss in Lane A buffs the team in Lane B. )

No. If i recall correctly then Trial of the grand crusader was supposed to be a two split arena, where a horde and alliance raid could watch either side and see how they fared.
    The problem lies in that you won't find raid/dungeon teams that are equally skilled, which means the winning team will snowball and the losing team will simply have a worse experience because they're bad, making it even harder for them.

Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    No. If i recall correctly then Trial of the grand crusader was supposed to be a two split arena, where a horde and alliance raid could watch either side and see how they fared.
    The problem lies in that you won't find raid/dungeon teams that are equally skilled, which means the winning team will snowball and the losing team will simply have a worse experience because they're bad, making it even harder for them.
    True. Maybe a setup in which both teams can either cooperate or harms each other ? (not direct PVP)