Poll: Which do you prefer?

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    They feel the same to me. Boring but Better than nothing though. Hard to figure out a solution to giving indefinite quests for solo game play without it feeling too repetitive.

7+ Year Old Account
    Dailies.

MoP dailies gave us narrative, the quests were diverse and yeah some sucked, but so does a lot of WQs.
    Tillers, Orders of the Cloud Serpent, Shado-Pan, Isle of Thunder. They all offered diverse and random dailies that most of the time were quite fun. World quests just feel mindless in comparison.

The only WQs I liked was the ones in Suramar because they actually offered a proper narrative and it felt like you were helping.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    They only had a set limit until MoP. And the "grind" for them was one of the biggest complaints in MoP. Since you HAD to do Golden Lotus until you were revered to unlock two other factions. Golden Lotus was THE point A, point B, point C thing I was talking about before.
    I'm not talking about the daily cap of 20 that was removed.

I'm talking about how each hub only had a certain amount and that was it for the day. World quests refresh twice a day though I'm pretty sure, and have far more in a zone overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyze View Post
    *EDIT* Should say Dailies.

Fixed {ML}
    -

So last two expansions there has been World Quests instead of Daily Quests.

But which do you prefer now when you've tried both?

I personally enjoy daily quests more, more fun especially with professions, I loved fishing dailies for example lol.
    They are the exact same thing. Except World Quests are picked up and turned in at the quest location, where dailies require going to and from a hub.
    Last edited by Pandragon; 2019-05-07 at 07:34 PM.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

7+ Year Old Account
    And yeah daily hubs, I miss hubs. The world feels smaller without hubs as you barely see anyone out in the world (that might also be because people are not playing BfA as well who knows). You see people in the capitals and that's it. I loved Suramar for giving us that hub feeling again. Class Order Halls were close as well. BfA has nothing like that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why not both?

Although, dailies really only functioned to increase rep w/ a faction over time. WQ's essentially serve that purpose now with added benefits.

I suppose WQ's then.

15+ Year Old Account
    I feel like World Quests are a better game system as a whole. That said, the content it offers has some pretty big flaws. Right now you're basically just replaying the leveling content. Clear out that blood troll camp, kill ""rare"" mob you've already killed 30 times, etc. There is almost no variety.

Imo, world quests should phase out the area they spawn in for max level players so that you can offer a new challenge in an already existing location. The naga invasions are a good example, more world quests should be like that. Spawn some semi-random enemies to occupy the area that you have to clear out for a kill X or fill the bar quest and spawn a semi-random mini boss for the Kill elite quest. Add some spice to a boring system.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Why not a mix of both?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    World quests are just meaningless busy work. No story, no purpose.
    Yeah this is how I feel. Dailies back in the day felt related to the content in some way. But world quests to me just feel so random and unrelated to anything, you do them to get rep/rewards but feels quite detached.

If that makes sense.
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

The difference is so marginal that it's hard to have a strong opinion either way.

We had pointless daily quest (hubs) with bland quests that were the same every day, and we had daily quest (hubs) with changing quest sets that also changed with reputation. Some daily quest required quite an amount of travelling, others were close by and packed up.
    We've seen in Suramar that WQ can also fit in the current story, and generally WQs in Legion were more tied to the story (for example some where locked behind a certain quest progress).
    The only difference I see is that 99% of daily quests had just a gold reward, while WQs can have all kind of rewards - but that's obviously easy to change.
    An the advantage for WQs is that it does not force the whole server into the same spot with five people aoe spamming on every spawning spot (Golden Lotus dailies say hi). But with the current sharding tech this also would not matter anymore.

So as I said I don't see an issue with either side, and personally am wondering while Blizzard always has that either/or system. You could have a daily hub and still emissaries and world quest. Or just have a daily hub available for every zone with an emissary active, that you could complete instead of the WQs.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    World Quests. More zone diversity is huge. if WotLK had WQs it would have been a much better expansion.
    It was a much better expansion... than each and every expansion since.

Dailies were far superior. They allowed you to focus your efforts on those that provided you with the best reputation rewards... but only after a good while did you earn a reward.

World quests give you a dozen or more epics each day, and can give you a Mythic Raid level item by clicking on 10 squirrels and 15 nuts. What is that?

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    WQs, lets me keep going out into the world rather then always go to the same spot every day over and over and etc.
    This. Daily hubs like IoQ can be fun with all the wPvP if the area is well designed and server is balanced, but that is very rare so WQs win.

15+ Year Old Account
    World quests combined with Emissaries will always be superior to dailies. They are essentially dailies that you don't have to go to a hub to pick up. They could certainly have some more themed quests show up daily though. The beauty of WQ's is it gives you a lot to do if you are just bored or you can just do 4 emissary WQ each day and be done.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Dailies are better from a narrative perspective, you actually get to meet your quest giver and there's more story behind what your doing. World quests are for most part just quests you've done before and have a lot less depth. I also liked picking up a full log of daily quests, do them all at the same time and then feeling the satisfaction of returning them all to the hub. Ideally there should be a mix of both.

Dailies.

Dailies were faster to do, had a central hub where you turned them all in.

WQs are spread out for obvious reasons (time played metrics). Are a pain in the ASS to do (Kirin Tor WQs lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    World Quests. More zone diversity is huge. if WotLK had WQs it would have been a much better expansion.
    this WQ all the way

dailies sucked in how extremly limited they were

15+ Year Old Account
    I actually think having a mix of world quests, daily quests, and weekly quests is the best.

I generally really like what they've done with world quests, though I wish they could increase the variety a bit more and give them a bit more narrative.

I would rather have fewer overall WQs that are a bit more involved and unique than a huge number of WQs constantly available but which boil down to "go here and kill six guys then leave."

Part of me wishes that all the work put into Island Expeditions had instead been put into adding large scale randomization to the WQs for each continent, such that every week the pool of WQs is a bit different, with unique quests, enemies, conditions, etc.

I like world quests better.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    It was a much better expansion... than each and every expansion since.

Dailies were far superior. They allowed you to focus your efforts on those that provided you with the best reputation rewards... but only after a good while did you earn a reward.

World quests give you a dozen or more epics each day, and can give you a Mythic Raid level item by clicking on 10 squirrels and 15 nuts. What is that?
    Sounds like you're complaining about rewards and not the system that delivers them. Missing the point of the discussion entirely.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to do some sort of variation of them both. With that I mean, you get a daily to go to X, Y, or Z zone and there you get to do a number of WQs. It would be like Emissary, but more of a followup after the WQs. Closer to the assault chain, but more involved instead of the current do 4 WQs and then one quest. It should also be easier to clear out all WQs. As in instead of spreading them out all over the map, they should be more concentrated in an area and rotate that specific area around. Maybe even WQ chains like doing a WQ called "Help Us!" will lead to "Help Us![2]" in another area and so on. This can be branched so we get some choice on how to complete it, like rescuing all villagers or killing the kidnappers.