Poll: Which do you prefer?

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Geesh man... relax you are getting so bent out of shape over nothing.. and you;re wrong too:

https://www.wowhead.com/titanforged-...-reward-system
    "This cap should stay until the opening of the next raid zone after Uldir."
    the titanforge cap is 425 now dude. has been since Dazar alor came out.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2019-05-09 at 12:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

WQ are really just dailies you don't have to go to a quest giver to pick up. Beyond that there are way more WQ in the list so they don't repeat as often and now the cap isn't 10 or 25 like it would have been in the past.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    As one of the only people on the planet who didn't have a problem with MoP dailies, I don't have a problem with either system.

They both have pros and cons, so neither one is a perfect solution.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Prefer WQs overall but definitely feel that there's way too many of them and that I don't really feel that I'm contributing to the world. I think that each zone, per day, should have 4-6 thematically linked WQs e.g. Tiragarde Sound one day might have Ashvane Company WQs up - some reclamation/destruction of azerite weapons, some killing Ashvane mobs, some killing named bosses, maybe profession WQs linked to that theme. The next day, it might be Freehold Pirates or Norwington Festival/hunting etc. Same for the other zones - broadly linked to the storylines you see in the main quests.

Each day, in your main hub you'd then select your "emissary" for the day as a breadcrumb quest - that way you could still have the reward but with more choice because you can farm a particular rep more quickly by selecting the same emissary each day til you hit exalted. This could be a progress bar - so elite WQs would fill up your emissary more quickly than non-elites.

I feel this would create a more engaging WQ experience - you'd generally clear out a sub zone each day (although you could have special WQs e.g. pet battles/Tortollans/Champions of Azeroth/invasions that weren't linked to zones/emissaries) for the main WQs. You could also do the 4-6 WQs in each zone for the rep/rewards but only choose one for your emissary. It would have the feel of a daily hub but without the requirement to pick up and hand in all the quests. It should also feel like you're doing something meaningful (not always necessarily huge world-ending threats every time - it could be more fun/light-hearted on occasion) each time you participate rather than random things across the world.

Dailies, because they are restricted to a smaller area and i can optimise my travel and completion time with practice/knowledge.

World quests have too much travel time, wich is just well... a waste of time/boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Mightytasty View Post
    What? How is having an Omni-present talking head pop up every time you fly over an area the same as a traditional quest?
    The method of delivery is different. But the quest is the same. You do something repeatedly each day. All they would do with world quests is make it so you have to go talk to someone instead of the "head pop up" and they'd be the same as dailies.

I agree the head pop up is annoying.

Neither of those. They always use such things to force raiders into game play we don't like.

5+ Year Old Account
    BOTH so your poll its bias and polarize.

Why? because World Quests are the answer of the thedious "go talk accept quest" they are better it every way, even rewards.

BUT the problem that Blizzard did was OVER ABUSE THE SYSTEM OF WORLD QUESTS.

WQ were suppose to be the "Events" that happens trough the maps in Guild wars 2, and if you dont help on those "World events" they end doing something, like centaurs can take over an entire city (lets said Crossroads) and stay there until a WQ pops up and players drive back the centaurs from Crossroads and pushing up them to the THousand needles making probably 5 world quests, a big reward in the end and the circle returns and the cycle continues.

Now WQ are just dailies and probably there are more WQs than dailies so technically they are still far better than dailies. NOW if you are asking Dailies because of the gold they give vs WQ giving you anything else, mmm thats your preference.

THe best solution its having LESS WORLD QUESTS AND RETURNING DAILIES, so World Quests are meaninfull and Dailies the shores that we do every day.

WQs, enjoy the slight change rather than the exact same quests everyday.

I want world quests that send us out to random places throughout all expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    This is an article from 2018 september, right after release.

This just shows that you literally don't play the game since 8.0. These are 8.0 item levels.
    How can I be wrong when I actually play the game and see that your numbers are bullshit.

Even then, if you go by 8.0 item levels, wq's back then gave like 310 ilevel gear or smth. I don't rly remember now. Even then you're wrong.

How can you be this ignorant?

Edit.: This is in your link even: Since September 4th, 2018, the Titanforge cap is ilvl 400. This cap should stay until the opening of the next raid zone after Uldir.
    We are way past Uldir now.

Can you play the game please before you wanna have discussions about its systems?

Edit2.: https://www.wowhead.com/news=288938/...s-in-patch-8-1

There you go. Should be reading a little more WoWhead if you wanna use them as a source for your bs. As you clearly don't play the game since at least December. That's a long time, old man. Maybe you shouldn't whine on WoW forums.

Edit3.: I know you won't admit that you were wrong. I'll spare ya the bs that's about to come:
    "Yea, well, who cares, gear means nothing anyways, I like dailies, BfA sucks."
    Glad we had the talk.
    you're actually wasting your time.
    he'll just avoid this thread for a day and then come back spouting the same shit. generally what all of the "i hate wow" brigade does

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Geesh man... relax you are getting so bent out of shape over nothing.. and you;re wrong too:

https://www.wowhead.com/titanforged-...-reward-system
    Could have saved us all a lot of time and just admitted you don't play the game and have no clue what you're talking about. The article you link dates from last year. The raid after Uldir is already out, and the Titanforging cap is now 425.

Not that you're ever likely to see a 425 WQ item, even a 400 one would be exceedingly rare apart from the 400 Azerite pieces one can get from Emmisaries but even then you basically need to already be at that ilvl to get them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    WQs, enjoy the slight change rather than the exact same quests everyday.
    Adding variety is OK for a lot of people. These things are what they are. The business about dailies having story progression is not wrong but is pointless after you've done the rotating ones for a few weeks. I'm baffled why people aren't OK with having both available. Instead there's this binary choice which isn't the best solution either way.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish more zones in Azeroth had Wqs.

World quests and it's not even close. Think world quests need work but dailies became a chore very quickly

WQ allways.They are way better than dailies.
    It begins with absence and desire.It begins with blood and fear.It begins with....

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Dailies. Isle of Thunder in 5.1 did it best with each set sending you to a different specific area for that day.

World Quests are scattered all over the place and feel very shallow.
    Doing the exact same dailies over and over seem even more shallow. Like how many times do I need to rescue those princesses for the Argent Tourney???

World Quests are a much more dynamic system, and help the world feel more alive. It could use some improvements, but it's better than Dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    The method of delivery is different. But the quest is the same. You do something repeatedly each day. All they would do with world quests is make it so you have to go talk to someone instead of the "head pop up" and they'd be the same as dailies.

I agree the head pop up is annoying.
    Add-ons fix this complaint.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Doing the exact same dailies over and over seem even more shallow. Like how many times do I need to rescue those princesses for the Argent Tourney???
    They felt more varied than world quests when they were on a proper rotation.

Argent Tournament was a very early quest hub. 5.1 and 5.2 perfected it.

Their localised location helped give them a theme, Unlike world quests which are spread all over the map.