View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?

Voters
402. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dailies

    134 33.33%
  • World Quests

    268 66.67%
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
7
15
16
17
  1. #321
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    Without looking at teh tournament:

    6 Ebon Blade
    possible 5 argent dawn (one in ICC and a sort of randomized set in Zuldrak)
    6 Hodir
    5 ICC region quest faction specific
    4 grizzly hill...

    that's beyond the 25 cap and I've yet to touch the wyrmrest, kaluak, sholazar and onesie twosie ones like the zepelin bullshit. I think there's a list of 40~ before even considering argetn tournament if you were looking to hit daily quests for rep/gold if so inclined.

    note that these ones were available from first time at 80 assuming you did the quest series to open them up.
    Yeah, its REALLY fun to fly all the way out to do the 1-2 daily zones. Thats why WQs are superior.

    Personally, I capped very often if I could stand it.

    And this doesn't even take into consideration alts... you did get good chunks of rep on your first toon, probably by doing every quest you can, or lots of dungeon runs. But alts were often leveled with less starting rep when you reached 80, so more dailies.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    But why would you do that? Why would you want to complete more than 25 dailies? When everything that mattered could be done in 25 within 2 weeks? I know why I capped myself after I was done with the BC reps. For the 10k daily achieve.
    You could cap, but there was no point.
    Two weeks is an understatement for sure. It was also an easy source of gold - and some of them got you pets and other things of that nature.

  2. #322
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Two weeks is an understatement for sure.
    You might wanna look up some old rep guides from wrath. Players have become so (literally) trained to spend so much time in the game doing more job for less result than before. It's not a problem in itself per se. But the content itself is not good. Not just not better what it was, in many ways it's worse.

  3. #323
    Elemental Lord rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    8,874
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    You might wanna look up some old rep guides from wrath. Players have become so (literally) trained to spend so much time in the game doing more job for less result than before. It's not a problem in itself per se. But the content itself is not good. Not just not better what it was, in many ways it's worse.
    You can be done with 3 days worth of repeatable content in less time then it took to get done with 25 daily quests. World quests do not train you to spend so much more time in the game. The player chooses to spend as much time as they want. It isn't a bad thing to allow players to choose how much they want to play. The content of world quests is also the same as the content of dailies. It just lacks the hub. Which repeatable content doesn't need because any effect of that hub is lost after repeatedly going there.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  4. #324
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You can be done with 3 days worth of repeatable content in less time then it took to get done with 25 daily quests. World quests do not train you to spend so much more time in the game. The player chooses to spend as much time as they want. It isn't a bad thing to allow players to choose how much they want to play. The content of world quests is also the same as the content of dailies. It just lacks the hub. Which repeatable content doesn't need because any effect of that hub is lost after repeatedly going there.
    This whole comment is completely misguided and misleading. Just what on earth are you talking about? Are you aware what criterias you compare to what?

    What do you want? -> I want to max out reps the fastest possible -> then dailies yield more rep/daily quest and per day, you reach exalted faster. With wqs, you will have to do all wqs and the emissary as well to be even remotely in the same timeframe. Emissary comes once a week. (1 will come twice bc 7 days / 6 faction).
    If you only do the emissaries, it will take MONTHS to max out the reps. That's crappy design, and it's intentional. At least it keeps you subbed.

    WQs do train you to spend more time in the game because the rewards were nerfed to the ground.
    i mean it is so simple. 1 wq 75 rep. 1 daily quest 250-500 rep. Emissaries can add only so much. if it's Turtle day, you don't get the bonus with magni. You could get great rep with dailies with every factions, every day.

  5. #325
    I don't care so I didn't vote. I'll do whatever if the reward is something I am interested in.

    If I had to pick I'd go with dailies because they are more RP. Convenience is not on my list of priorities. But it's not important enough to me to argue about.

  6. #326
    Elemental Lord rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    8,874
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    WQs do train you to spend more time in the game because the rewards were nerfed to the ground.
    10 to 15 mins spread every 3 days or 15+ each day. You are not trained to spend more time in the game with World Quests over Dailies. Also there is no reason why spending more time in-game is a bad thing. You have the choice to spend as much time as you want in the game. You can spend very little and still get the daily content completed.

    Your argument doesn't even have any basis with what you are saying. Getting rep each day means you were spending more time in the game then doing 12 (or less) WQ every 3 days.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  7. #327
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    10 to 15 mins spread every 3 days or 15+ each day. You are not trained to spend more time in the game with World Quests over Dailies. Also there is no reason why spending more time in-game is a bad thing. You have the choice to spend as much time as you want in the game. You can spend very little and still get the daily content completed.

    Your argument doesn't even have any basis with what you are saying. Getting rep each day means you were spending more time in the game then doing 12 (or less) WQ every 3 days.
    If you want to MAXIMIZE your rep gain, you HAVE to complete EVERY wqs. Maximize: getting to exalted the fastest. Fastest: Days spent in the game, paying your sub.
    If you only do the emissaries - which is not maximizing, that's really lazy, but understandable -, sure, you will only spend 15 mins in the game, for MONTHS.

    When a new patch, or expansion drops, and we're lucky enough to have some nice gear at the faction vendor, which can be obtainable before the new raid opens, and the itemlevel is good enough, there's your incentive to farm (do ALL and EVERY) wqs. Streamers are doing (at least in it was a thing in Legion) "sweeps". That means finish every wq. And there are people who actually like, or would like to have functional factions. Story driven, progressive, immersive ones, not these abominations.

    If there's nothing to get from a faction, noone will farm wqs. But there usually is, right, paragon stuff, emissary boxes with the ever scaling items in them, same wqs giving higher and higher ilevel gear as the expansion progresses.
    How many times you freed whatshisface Softfoot? How many times you babysat turtles? Softfoot was the ultimate example for why dailies are "boring". Really? Like. Really? Magnis shitty quests, enigma quests in legion, broken shore, turtles, and to some extent the regular wqs.

  8. #328
    Elemental Lord rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    8,874
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Story driven, progressive, immersive ones, not these abominations.
    So doing the same story over and over again until you meet the next rank then rinse and repeat is progressive, immserive and driven by story? As opposed to the entire story lines we do for the same factions we do world quests for? Your argument about doing world quests X time break down because you did daily quests X times as well. It is repeatable content. None of it will make sense after doing it more then once. Argent tourney was so amazing after having to do the same dailies for months just to get all of the rewards. So progressive. So amazing.

    And again you act like having things for people to do in-game is a bad thing. Why is it bad that people are encourage to do things in the game? With assaults it takes less then 2 months to unlock exalted with the Zandalari. That is doing the emissary's, zone quests, and assaults. A few other world quests here and there. If you wanted to maximize with Dailies you were required to do the cap every day as well. It is funny how all the complaints about WQ's equally apply to dailies but you do some blindfold wearing hand waving mumbo jumbo to excuse it.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  9. #329
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So doing the same story over and over again until you meet the next rank then rinse and repeat is progressive, immserive and driven by story? As opposed to the entire story lines we do for the same factions we do world quests for? Your argument about doing world quests X time break down because you did daily quests X times as well. It is repeatable content. None of it will make sense after doing it more then once. Argent tourney was so amazing after having to do the same dailies for months just to get all of the rewards. So progressive. So amazing.

    And again you act like having things for people to do in-game is a bad thing. Why is it bad that people are encourage to do things in the game? With assaults it takes less then 2 months to unlock exalted with the Zandalari. That is doing the emissary's, zone quests, and assaults. A few other world quests here and there. If you wanted to maximize with Dailies you were required to do the cap every day as well. It is funny how all the complaints about WQ's equally apply to dailies but you do some blindfold wearing hand waving mumbo jumbo to excuse it.
    It's clear by this point that you can not talk objectively about the topic at hand. You compare daily 25 quests with daily 40-60 wqs and somehow manage bring them out as equals. That's just crazy. Objectively. Just please do the math.
    You're giving words into my mouth I've never said, and you keep arguing with it.

    i never said the old dailies (collect this, kill that) were super exciting or innovative. I said it was at least FAST to be done with. I said at least factions used to have immersion, soul.

    I'm not against repetative content. I farmed out the argent mounts on the horde side as well. The issue is we used to get more fresh, new stuff. (We don't "need" -cost cutting - to get and we don't get that much since wq rewards are getting bumped up, starter wqs are relevant till pretty much the last patch) Do you care if a new WQs is being added in the game? I don't! i would care if it had the context: look, here is a new hub with new activities, new rewards. But a new wq? Give me a f.cking break. The repeatable content we have now is disgustingly thinly spread, while at the same time we don't get that much "something else" we used to get. The reward structure is also obnoxious.
    And I also said wqs can be clearly pointed out to be the culprit for many systems suffering in the game just to SERVE, or MAKE ROOM for wqs, and the COST CUTTING wqs allow for the devs. Factions (NOT THE DAILY QUESTS, the factions themselves; immersion, soul), reward structure, professions... All can be traced back to wqs.

    2 months to unlock a faction... Okay...
    Last edited by Lei; 2019-05-17 at 10:04 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •