Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Flying rocks and our old world

Hi there, fellow Champions!

First I wanna put a disclaimer that I AM NOT a bot, merely a lurker. My account was swept when MMO-C changed ownership.

Back to topic. SO, lately I've been reading into Graham Carlson's work regarding the old world and the whole comet theory which wiped us out. Logically, it can make sense that we hit a reset button.

When you read into religion and anything ancient, you begin to tie pieces together that these myths were somehow connected to something. An old chapter of our history let's call it.

So, what do you guys think of such theories, or which are beliefs to some people.

Also the main question would be, if such ideas/theories are indeed true and it becomes a major revelation, what would that mean to this planet and its inhabitants? Would we unite to face a greater danger? Or would it be like the white walkers, where people would not believe until they see it firsthand?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zygzag View Post
    Hi there, fellow Champions!

First I wanna put a disclaimer that I AM NOT a bot, merely a lurker. My account was swept when MMO-C changed ownership.

Back to topic. SO, lately I've been reading into Graham Carlson's work regarding the old world and the whole comet theory which wiped us out. Logically, it can make sense that we hit a reset button.

When you read into religion and anything ancient, you begin to tie pieces together that these myths were somehow connected to something. An old chapter of our history let's call it.

So, what do you guys think of such theories, or which are beliefs to some people.

Also the main question would be, if such ideas/theories are indeed true and it becomes a major revelation, what would that mean to this planet and its inhabitants? Would we unite to face a greater danger? Or would it be like the white walkers, where people would not believe until they see it firsthand?
    I've watched enough videos and read enough articles to feel there is a lot of merit in the theory that we were hit by a asteroid around 12,500 years ago that caused a great deluge and wiped out the majority of coastal civilizations. The biblical stories of the great flood are shared with many very older religions and even go back to the Sumerian stories.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I guess I would question of why this is important? What does it serve if it's "true"?

You can make all kinds of connections that sound true, but that we would have no way of verifying.
    Well of course. Becuase for some people, it is quite an interesting topic. We're here on this forum anyway, so this is a question for people who are INTO the idea, and not a forced poll of some sort.

I've looked at the original post once again, and it would seem that I have not made it mandatory to post here. Quite strange seeing your.....pessimistic comment. Though thanks for stopping by nevertheless

Okay let me downsize it for you to understand.

LET'S ASSUME that all of a sudden, this theory which was mentioned the OP becomes mainstream. All over the world. The theory that there was an ancient civiliuzation, quite advanced, maybe even to our level, existed and was wiped out and we COULD follow the same fate unless we do something. Do you think that this event, shared allllll across the world, would it have an impact on people as people? Would it somehow, at least a little bit, unite us against a common threat? Would it for example make Trump not mainstream news? Would maybe wake some people up to think that there are bigger things out there could wipe us out, beside our hatred for each other?

I'd draw you a picture, but this is a forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I've watched enough videos and read enough articles to feel there is a lot of merit in the theory that we were hit by a asteroid around 12,500 years ago that caused a great deluge and wiped out the majority of coastal civilizations. The biblical stories of the great flood are shared with many very older religions and even go back to the Sumerian stories.
    The reason there are many flood myths in the fertile crescent region of the world is because that region of the world is flood plains and that's why that region is fertile

Okay let me downsize it for you to understand.

LET'S ASSUME that all of a sudden, this theory which was mentioned the OP becomes mainstream. All over the world. The theory that there was an ancient civiliuzation, quite advanced, maybe even to our level, existed and was wiped out and we COULD follow the same fate unless we do something. Do you think that this event, shared allllll across the world, would it have an impact on people as people? Would it somehow, at least a little bit, unite us against a common threat? Would it for example make Trump not mainstream news? Would maybe wake some people up to think that there are bigger things out there could wipe us out, beside our hatred for each other?

I'd draw you a picture, but this is a forum.
    If they were advanced as ours that would have had construction materials similar in strength and durability and we'd be able to find such things.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    The problem with many of the old texts / beliefs is that there is such a lack of details that you can fill it in with almost anything.

You see this all the time with prophecies. Something is on fire...which you can point to literally any major war or world event as there is almost always fire in there somewhere.

It's pretty similar to pareidolia (the tendency to interpret a vague stimulus as something known to the observer, such as seeing shapes in clouds, seeing faces in inanimate objects or abstract patterns, or hearing hidden messages in music).

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean Randall Carlson and graham Hancock or

Quote Originally Posted by Vapo View Post
    You mean Randall Carlson and graham Hancock or

Pretty much, yes. That's how I actually got into.

Now, I don't care whether it's certified or not. For me, this makes more sense than religion itself, and I am talking logically.

Back at the main topic, we're not talking few years of a flood at a certain area, we're talking 100 of years. What if all of sudden we lost 95% of the population due to some event? Hell, what if we lost the internet right now. What of all of sudden there was no internet and no way to get it back? What do we stand to lose? For some people, whole lives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    The reason there are many flood myths in the fertile crescent region of the world is because that region of the world is flood plains and that's why that region is fertile
    Many floods sure, but there is evidence of cataclysmic flooding that wiped out large areas, and displaced tons of sand. Its very interesting stuff
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Many floods sure, but there is evidence of cataclysmic flooding that wiped out large areas, and displaced tons of sand. Its very interesting stuff
    It is interesting indeed. We as humans, we're quite young on this planet and there are very major events which we have missed.

In our world and history, everything is possible so we let's just assume that an actual event took place, and it was announced to the general masses. What would be the result?

I'm not talking about the impact on our planet, but rather the impact on our society as humans with various beliefs and systems. We've got billions of people following various religions which are KIND OF aligned with one another in terms of world event ( flooding, fire raining for the sky, major events.etc). I believe that such an event has taken place and was forgotton.

I hate to bring major movies/tv shoes. But think of this way: Lord of the Rings and Game of Thrones. They both share an event which has occurred and then turned to myths. What if we share such an event? And obviously we have the internet which the previously mentioned worlds did not, so we can share things with one another. What if such event was confirmed true. What if tomorrow on the news, all you see on the news/forums/social media is just news of this major event. WOULD you as a human think differently?

Remember, I'm not talking about the event itself, but rather the aftermath of its revelation.

7+ Year Old Account
    They are all connected to the fact that people were trying to explain why and how they came to be. 99% of such theories are wrong and fictional.

Lol is this "finnishnerd's" new account?
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

7+ Year Old Account
    What do "Ancient Astronaught Theroists" say? Personally I'm not going to say it was aliens. But it was aliens.

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my god

You know, I've never really posted here. I don't know if I didn't know why in the first place, or I simply chose to forget. Reading into these comments so far, everyone is talking about the fact of whether such an event is true/possible or whatever. DON'T! This is a WHAT IF thing.

Reading the comments right now makes me realize why fake news is a thing nowadays. People are locked at like one point of the process ( let's call it chapter B) and cannot proceed further (let's call it chapter C) until chapter B is process. YET! at the same time, If I even bother to read into your comments, I will probably find out that you'd be argung about fictional things all the time, or at least taking down whatever out there. Jesus...

10+ Year Old Account
    We're a stupid, tribal, petty and arrogant species, we won't unite even if we know there's an asteroid on its way.

Look at climate change. It probably won't lead to our total extinction but it will devastate economies, kill millions and drive economic migration and spark conflict and war. Yet, despite this threat, you still have people who claim it's a hoax, who refuse to do anything about it. We have so little time now to do anything to mitigate it, but humans are too vested in the present to worry about the future.
    Putin khuliyo

Would we unite to face a greater danger?
    We kinda already know what around 70k years ago the population of humans dipped to ~10k. There's also another near extinction event 1,2 millions ago that we are certain of and most likely more events that created genetic bottlenecks.

We don't care now, why would we care then? Flood is a common theme in religions originating around Mesopotamia and it is very likely that there were local floods as well as a slow rise in sea level around the area which might have something to do with the flood myth. It doesn't have to though. Flood was how one of the worlds in Aztec mythology ended but another one ended with jaguars eating giants. If you are already religious, you might get more confident in your beliefs if you were to know that what your religion says is true. If you aren't, you would still be sceptical. Knowing that humanity faced a near-extinction event doesn't look like it changes how we behave.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is interesting indeed. We as humans, we're quite young on this planet and there are very major events which we have missed.

In our world and history, everything is possible so we let's just assume that an actual event took place, and it was announced to the general masses. What would be the result?

I'm not talking about the impact on our planet, but rather the impact on our society as humans with various beliefs and systems. We've got billions of people following various religions which are KIND OF aligned with one another in terms of world event ( flooding, fire raining for the sky, major events.etc). I believe that such an event has taken place and was forgotton.

I hate to bring major movies/tv shoes. But think of this way: Lord of the Rings and Game of Thrones. They both share an event which has occurred and then turned to myths. What if we share such an event? And obviously we have the internet which the previously mentioned worlds did not, so we can share things with one another. What if such event was confirmed true. What if tomorrow on the news, all you see on the news/forums/social media is just news of this major event. WOULD you as a human think differently?

Remember, I'm not talking about the event itself, but rather the aftermath of its revelation.
    The aftermath would be a nothing burger. Because many people would not believe it. There are still 10's of millions of Americans convinced that climate change is complete BS. Hell, there are people who still think the earth is flat man!
    Kepano the Awakened (Main - Resto Shaman)
    Kepana the Seeker (Alt - Druid)

Is this a Fascinate alt? Because it reads like a Fascinate alt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Is this a Fascinate alt? Because it reads like a Fascinate alt.
    That's what I thought at first too, but could he write that many sentences without mentioning how much of a genius he is?