Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Patch 8.2 PTR - Benthic Gear Preview, Raid Testing Schedule May 9-10, DLC #677

    Patch 8.2 PTR - Benthic Gear Preview
    Patch 8.2 introduces Benthic gear, which is catch up gear similar to the unsullied and relinquished gear from Argus. However, there is a little more to it than that.




    Raid Testing Schedule - May 9th - 10th
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    On Thursday, May 9th and Friday May 10th, we will be conducting out first raid tests of The Eternal Palace.

    Thursday, May 9th
    Abyssal Commander Sivara - Heroic Eternal Palace
    13:00 PDT (16:00 EDT, 22:00 CEST)

    Lady Ashvane - Heroic Eternal Palace
    14:00 PDT (17:00 EDT, 23:00 CEST)

    Friday, May 10th
    Orgozoa - Heroic Eternal Palace
    13:00 PDT (16:00 EDT, 22:00 CEST)

    Radiance of Azshara - Heroic Eternal Palace
    14:00 PDT (17:00 EDT, 23:00 CEST)

    As always, this testing schedule is very fluid and subject to the realities of a test environment. We might have to change the time of a testing session, change the bosses being tested, or cancel a test entirely, due to bugs, server hardware issues, etc. Keep an eye on this forum for the latest information, and thank you in advance for testing and providing feedback.

    Q: How do I get into the raid zone?
    A: In Zuldazar, Boralus, Dalaran, Orgrimmar, or Stormwind, you may speak to Nexus-Lord Donjon Rade III in order to teleport into the raid zone while it is open for testing. (The option to teleport into a zone will not be available when the zone is not open for testing.)

    Q: What character should I use to test the raid?
    A: Whichever you prefer. We will be scaling players’ effective level to 120 for raid testing, and their item level to an appropriate threshold for the encounter(s) being tested.

    Q: How long does testing last?
    A: The primary purpose of testing is to give us the information we need to balance the encounters, evaluate how mechanics are playing out in practice, and identify bugs. Once we’re satisfied that we’ve received that information for a given boss, we’ll be shutting down testing. Usually this takes anywhere from 45 minutes to 2 hours, but there are no guarantees.

    Dark Legacy Comics #677
    DLC #677 has been released.

    Last edited by Stoy; 2019-05-08 at 01:18 PM.

  2. #2
    Might actually finally gear my alts through it, been heavily neglecting them >.>

  3. #3
    Blizzard finally started to listen.I wanted this since the end of Legion(GW2 is better than WoW in this aspect specifically).
    Having a vendor sistem with upgreadble items in it is way better than a shity RNG war/titanforge.It's good to have a mix between dropping items from raids & M+ and buying things with currency.
    Last edited by dragnipur; 2019-05-09 at 06:40 AM.

  4. #4
    ...which is catch up gear similar to the unsullied and relinquished gear from Argus...
    Again with the re-use of previous systems. They're so inventive! One must think the money paid for the subscription goes to something new!

  5. #5
    8.2 and benthic gear will not save bfa..

    classic is the only thing that save wow this year!

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by UselessOrangePeel View Post
    Again with the re-use of previous systems. They're so inventive! One must think the money paid for the subscription goes to something new!


    Whaaaah, Blizz sucks! They removed all those cool features from the previous expansions, the game now is hollow and shallow! WoW is dead!


    Whaaaah, Blizz sucks! They keep recicling old stuff! Why do I even pay for a game with no creativity? Thats why its hollow and shallow! WoW is dead!

  7. #7
    Good something to do.

  8. #8
    Given the exclusive bonuses, top guild full mythic will have to farm new equipment before confronting raid bosses?
    I mean, could they be mandatory in order to challenge specific raid encounters?

  9. #9
    To infinity and beyond det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    32,658
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesethi View Post
    Whaaaah, Blizz sucks! They removed all those cool features from the previous expansions, the game now is hollow and shallow! WoW is dead!


    Whaaaah, Blizz sucks! They keep recicling old stuff! Why do I even pay for a game with no creativity? Thats why its hollow and shallow! WoW is dead!
    ...and by the magic of the internet, these comments are often back to back.

    By the supermagic of the internet it is then often followed by a baffling generic comment like "8.2 and benthic gear will not save bfa..
    classic is the only thing that save wow this year! ".

    I swear some posters are bots

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Gatto View Post
    Given the exclusive bonuses, top guild full mythic will have to farm new equipment before confronting raid bosses?
    I mean, could they be mandatory in order to challenge specific raid encounters?
    I could imagine they are "mandatory" if you want every little bit of an edge in the World 1st race. And yea...this resistance / damage to aberrations thingy had me wondering and it could be helpful to anyone trying to crack a specific bossfight. Just like we eventually could beat MC without mindcontroling those guys and fire res buffing the raid or without Onyxia's / Nefarian's head up in Orgrimmar etc etc...but at the beginning it sure helped.

    Then again, there were examples where the guilds with lower average ilv won etc....

    No matter what, the guilds that seriously think they have a chance of competing will likely do ANYTHING that they consider as a benefit in the competition.

  10. #10
    Benthic gear have predetermined stats, meaning there is no RNG to which stats you will get on each slot.

    Congrats Blizz. Only took you what 5 years to realise that nobody liked the RNG stat casino?

    I guess Manapearls will be meh to obtain in return for it but eh.

  11. #11
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Not in Europe Anymore Yay
    Posts
    6,026
    Quote Originally Posted by dragnipur View Post
    Blizzard finally started to listen.I wanted this since the end of Legion(GW2 is better than WoW in this aspect specifically).
    Having a vendor sistem with upgreadble items in it is way better than a shity RNG war/titanforge.It's good to have a mix between dropping items from raids & M+ and buying things with currency.
    You know this is just a catch up system right? WF/TF score really well with the casuals and aren't going anywhere. I don't see anything that specifies that these items won't be able to WF/TF, just that what stats the items have is predetermined - Not the amount of stats / ilevel. Even if this gear can't forge because they want it to be a time sink the raid / dungeon / etc gear still will.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there?| FOR THE HORDE

  12. #12
    resist gear is back!

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    8.2 and benthic gear will not save bfa..

    classic is the only thing that save wow this year!
    most delusional response of the week.
    VOTING IS MOB RULE AND MOB RULE IS MEDIA RULE AND
    MEDIA RULE IS CORPORATE RULE

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    You know this is just a catch up system right? WF/TF score really well with the casuals and aren't going anywhere. I don't see anything that specifies that these items won't be able to WF/TF, just that what stats the items have is predetermined - Not the amount of stats / ilevel. Even if this gear can't forge because they want it to be a time sink the raid / dungeon / etc gear still will.
    Where exactly did i say the WF&TF are being removed???I just said they are a shitty sistems nothing else.And how did you made the conclusion that adding vendors is me saying WF/TF will be removed?

    My last sentence is even explayining how i like to have dropping items (aka WF/TF i did not think i have to spell it to any to understand) combined with buyable items is a great combination.
    Last edited by dragnipur; 2019-05-09 at 09:33 AM.
    It begins with absence and desire.It begins with blood and fear.It begins with....

  15. #15
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Not in Europe Anymore Yay
    Posts
    6,026
    Quote Originally Posted by dragnipur View Post
    Where exactly did i say the WF&TF are being removed???I just said they are a shitty sistems nothing else.
    I didn't say you said any such thing. I was just letting you know that they're popular with the casuals and won't be going anywhere.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there?| FOR THE HORDE

  16. #16
    Benthic gear not having RNG is such a lie, when you still buy Tokens from the vendor which turn into items with unknown stats at the moment of purchase.

    Why can't they just add gear as visible items to the vendor when there is still the option to filter items for your spec only? They did it in TBC already. Is it some kind of database thing, which saves someone 1 hour of development time from copy-pasting items to the vendors spreadsheet?

  17. #17
    can they heave leach avoideance or speed or socket ?

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Is it some kind of database thing, which saves someone 1 hour of development time from copy-pasting items to the vendors spreadsheet?
    Yep, you have to keep in your mind: Companies are profit oriented they will always go with the least amount of money invested.

  19. #19
    The Lightbringer Wries's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    3,886
    Shouldn't 430 be pretty much normal tier ilvl once the new raid gets released? Pretty overpowered and lame catch-up as always.

  20. #20
    And the question is, how long does it take to get each piece to 430...
    I bet you have 430 ilvl before you get each piece from the vendor

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •