Poll: How would you pay for Diablo 4?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    F2p with micro as it's the only way to guarantee they maintain the game properly.
    No thanks, I don't need diablo to become infested with that shit. I'm okay with the base game and 1-2 expansions.

Subscribtion is the worst abomination ever created.

- - - Updated - - -

F2p with micro as it's the only way to guarantee they maintain the game properly.
    Sometimes it is not enough.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

I would prefer not with blood.

Can like money work?

Like Diablo 3, buy once, maybe pay for new Class

7+ Year Old Account
    Its so obvious. Buy in Google Play Shop! Didnt you have mobile phones ?

I won't mind to pay for it monthly tough. I just neeeeeed the game so please blizz if you read this just release it already my money is ready for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Hatseflatsh View Post
    I won't mind to pay for it monthly tough. I just neeeeeed the game so please blizz if you read this just release it already my money is ready for you!
    So exploitable.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khallid View Post
    I would like it if the next Diablo can be played offline, so one-time purchase for me.

The only reason I stopped playing Path of Exile was the connection would die all the time. The game is good, but it pissed me off to no end how my connection would drop all the time, then respawn at a city which was even more laggy, and often disconnect again. At least Diablo 3 limited the amount of players inside a game to 4, so it never gave me any significant lag or disconnection issues. Forced online play seems pretty unnecessary for a dungeon crawler, but I don't expect Diablo 4 to have an offline mode.
    Funny I've always concidered Diablo as an offline game and wouldn't wanna play it any other way so yeah I agree; buy it once and thats it

And it also guarantees that every cool looking skin, animation, item (?!) and "convenience" upgrade will be put in the shop.

I don't want to (and will not) pay to not look like a generic piece of brown turd. And i definitely don't want to pay for town portals or stash space or pets to collect gold etc

Buy once, free forever. With an option to play offline, please....

...sigh, one can dream. The reality, though, would be this: free-to-play with anal cash shop and loot boxes.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    And it also guarantees that every cool looking skin, animation, item (?!) and "convenience" upgrade will be put in the shop.

I don't want to (and will not) pay to not look like a generic piece of brown turd. And i definitely don't want to pay for town portals or stash space or pets to collect gold etc
    Well, personally I care more about content than cosmetics, so I prefer the PoE treatment of tons of new content and cosmetics in the store, over the Diablo 3 treatment of 1 exp and 1 content patch in 7 years because they've no incentive to keep you playing the game as it's bought and paid for.

Obviously the best option would be a one-time pay for a big game that receives continual update patches, content and expansions and love from the developers, but expecting that game from Blizzard in 2019 is just wishful thinking bordering on being delusional.
    Last edited by Thrif; 2019-08-05 at 10:45 PM.

Well, personally I care more about content than cosmetics, so I prefer the PoE treatment of tons of new content and cosmetics in the store, over the Diablo 3 treatment of 1 exp and 1 content patch in 7 years because they've no incentive to keep you playing the game as it's bought and paid for.
    There is the problem. These corporations successfully planted the idea in the players head, that "cosmetics" are not core part of the game, that it's not "content", that you can fully enjoy a play trough while looking like a clown or the most generic crap ever. I think that's bullshit. Visual progression is as much core part of a game as stats progression. What's the point of getting the best weapon from the endboss just to instantly transmog it to something you can buy from the shop since lvl1? It turns into a boring, uninteresting "statstick" and that's a horrible game design, kills half of the enjoyment of the game.

By the way if you accept the "cosmetics are not content" argument then why do we need good looking games? Why waste money on Unreal engine and coding, it's just cosmetics, you can fully enjoy playing games made by huge pixels... and you could buy high res textures from the shop for $19.99. How about user interface? That's just cosmetics, you could type every command manually... unless you buy it for $9.99... will you defend these practices too? Oooooh and these will happen in the future, if you think otherwise, well that's the real wishful thinking and delusion, my friend.

No, thank you

Sorry for the loosely connecting rant, my point is that i just can't accept any "cosmetics are not content" argument as valid reason, therefore i don't see your comment as a valid opinion.

D3 was neglected because it was a horrible game, a horrible flop (as a game, not financially) and they simply abandoned it. By the time the "remake" arrived they cut every further plans.

By the way im perfectly fine with 1 paid expansion / year. I don't like the PoE or Fortnite style constant changes every month method. I'm happy to pay for real content from time to time, but that content should contain the full experience, including visuals and cosmetics. But maybe im just to old for this shit.
    Last edited by Vilendor; 2019-08-06 at 06:59 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    B2P with optional DLC's you can buy.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Im ok with micro transactions aslong as its purely cosmetic.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    One and done game purchase with online/offline mode and future DLC's expansions that are worth the cost price that keep the game fresh.
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

How would I like to pay for D4?

With the souls of innocents. But you didn't put that as a choice in the poll.

taking the auction house out of diablo 3 killed the game. i don't bother playing d3 anymore. i go back to diablo 2 and use magic find to get gear on bosses.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Grim Dawn is pretty much better than D3 in every way except class fantasy, and I love D3. So that part of your argument/question is moot.

Full game unlimited access one fee.
    i love grim dawn the lac kof server-side characters, and therefore easy to attain gear (through save modding), and lack of trade market, rare items, etc, really brings it down for. poe is still the best if for only that reason.

With cell phone minutes siphoned directly from my Cricket account and directly into Activision-Blizzard's soul harvest machine.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    How would I like to pay for D4?

With the souls of innocents. But you didn't put that as a choice in the poll.
    The collectors edition could include a scale in the design of the ancient greeks or romans. With the plates, fulcrum, weights etc. You could collect the souls of innocents and weigh them for delivery to Blizzard as payment.

TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.