Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Ele is a complete beast in both raid and m+. If some people are only taking Rogue and DH they are idiots. Shroud and AOE stun are nice to have, but Ele got amazing dps for both trash and bosses.
    As far as ranged dps goes, in higher keys (15+), frost mages and bm hunters are the most sought. Then comes balance druid then elemental shaman. It is not bad if you take into account that mages, for instance, has 3 specs and only one is desirable in mm+. That means that elemental is above a lot of ranged specs, but most mages will switch to frost. You won't be first picked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, at first i thought enhancement was down to SS spam, but this Primal Primer spec is kinda fun, even though it doesnt phase out SS completely

I think this is a Trademark Soon type deal, it will surely happen. The devs haven't forgotten about shamans... *Weeps softly in Frost DK*
    Retail sucks. Classic sucks. No positivity, only negative feedback. Why is everybody so damn miserable? Must be somebody else's fault, it couldn't possibly be my INSANELY TOXIC ATTITUDE.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    As far as ranged dps goes, in higher keys (15+), frost mages and bm hunters are the most sought. Then comes balance druid then elemental shaman. It is not bad if you take into account that mages, for instance, has 3 specs and only one is desirable in mm+. That means that elemental is above a lot of ranged specs, but most mages will switch to frost. You won't be first picked.
    Personally I see more Ele shamans than Frost mages. I would also take an Ele shaman over a Frost mage (maybe not during necrotic week). Balance Druids don't have burst AOE for Reaping, so I would definitely also bring an Ele shaman before them

Nothing before 9.0.

Personally I see more Ele shamans than Frost mages. I would also take an Ele shaman over a Frost mage (maybe not during necrotic week). Balance Druids don't have burst AOE for Reaping, so I would definitely also bring an Ele shaman before them
    What is your source?

Mine is:

https://raider.io/mythic-plus-rankin...MythicLevel=99

And that is when the group has a ranged dps. Lots of top higher keys groups goes full melee (DH/rogue).

What is your source?

Mine is:

And that is when the group has a ranged dps. Lots of top higher keys groups goes full melee (DH/rogue).
    Honestly though being 4th out of 11 range dps specs and 6th out of 24 total dps specs seem like a super good place to be in for m+, Ele is also in a super good place for raiding right now.

Being honest if I was a shaman (atleast Ele) I wouldn't be making threads looking for changes, I'd be trying to stay low on Blizzards nerf radar.

And I do agree with you. Ele is not the most prefered specs in mm+ but it is quite strong and far stronger than a lot of others specs.

What is your source?

Mine is:

If you look at the top 200 runs, there are a lot of ele shamans and frost mages (not so many boomkins). I would choose a Ele shaman before a frost mage on many weeks, but it is a matter of preference of course. But Ele shamans can definitely be an important part of top teams.

Melees is of course OP for m+ right now. Rogue got shroud and Monk/DH got AOE stun. I don't know what Blizzard were thinking about when they designed this. Why would you (for example) pick a melee without an AOE stun over a melee with an AOE stun. It is completely unbalanced.

7+ Year Old Account
    Reduce Flame Shock cooldown to 2 seconds, Elemental has become marginally better.

If you look at the top 200 runs, there are a lot of ele shamans and frost mages (not so many boomkins). I would choose a Ele shaman before a frost mage on many weeks, but it is a matter of preference of course. But Ele shamans can definitely be an important part of top teams.

Melees is of course OP for m+ right now. Rogue got shroud and Monk/DH got AOE stun. I don't know what Blizzard were thinking about when they designed this. Why would you (for example) pick a melee without an AOE stun over a melee with an AOE stun. It is completely unbalanced.
    You did not really check it, don't you? Because, half of the top 200 runs where there is an ele shaman is the same Ele shaman (Petkosham) who is running mm+ with his team. Just so you know.

I did not say that ele shaman is not strong. I did say that there are stronger specs aka frost mage, boomkin and bm hunters as ranged spec. Those specs are more sought than ele shaman. Deal with it.

And obc DH and rogue are completely OP for mm+, especially with reaping.

You did not really check it, don't you? Because, half of the top 200 runs where there is an ele shaman is the same Ele shaman (Petkosham) who is running mm+ with his team. Just so you know.

I did not say that ele shaman is not strong. I did say that there are stronger specs aka frost mage, boomkin and bm hunters as ranged spec. Those specs are more sought than ele shaman. Deal with it.

And obc DH and rogue are completely OP for mm+, especially with reaping.
    I don't agree that Boomkin and BM are more sought after than Ele. They are more played in general, but that doesn't mean they are more sought after. Windwalker monk is also an example of a less played spec which is really sought after.

I hope you find acceptable that people can have different opinions.

Obv, you can think what you want, it is your right. But that does not make you right. Facts do, and they do not agree with you.

I’ve changed to elemental for the first time ever a few months ago, elemental is just all round better then enhancement in m+. The constant nerfs enhancement have received to their survivability and already lacklustre azerite traits was the last straw for me.

Not to mention how completely clunky the spec is, who thought putting all your eggs in one basket, with random procs was a good idea? I’m talking about blizzard obsession for Stormstrike and nothing but Stormstrike.

This is not too say elemental isn’t clunky, but trying too do any form of AOE damage on enhancement is laughable.

Why would you bring a enhancement shaman to m+? There kit is weak, there survivability is awful, there aoe damage is non existent. The only thing they do excel at is there ST damage.

Rogues bring too much.
    DH are just made for m+.
    Last edited by Razaron; 2019-05-21 at 11:13 PM.

No, they said they ran out of time to properly do shamans for 8.0 so they were being pushed back to 8.1 and then nothing really happened for shamans in 8.1 either. Then they just kind of ignored shamans after that.

Except for Resto and Ele shamans with become top healers/dps

Ion made a statement that no significant reworks weren't happening until the next expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Sosua View Post
    Ion made a statement that no significant reworks weren't happening until the next expansion
    And thank god, ele is too good atm, i dont wanna they broke my fav ingame spec again.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Fifteen years later, the reality is still that you simply deal with the issues of the class, reroll or quit. Picking a class in this game and weathering patches is basically rolling a dice. Never expect anything. Doesn't matter even if it was a new expansion, during the beta. Still expect nothing.

Also, don't wind up one of these dudes who writes novels on forums about fixing things. It has always been sad watching people work out some personal design doc when any small buff you get will be entirely random and you have equal chance of just getting a random nerf simply because it is where the dart landed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm this Primal Primer spec is nice, but man does Enhancement aoe sucks comparatively